SC400 5-Speed Tranny Swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC400 5-Speed Tranny Swap?

Hey I was thinking about buying a 92 sc400 but i only think it came out in auto i was woundiing if anyone had info on the 5 speed swap i think its a supra not to sure and all info about the swap and about how much it will cost not including labor thanx

gotta get a tranny adapter they machine in australia, real expensive from what ive seen, i dont know of any other way.

Comment

or what about the sc300?

Comment

the sc300 has a 2jz. the sc400 has a v8. if this adaptor plate this guy speaks of bolts up a 2jz tranny tot he lexus v8 you might have a winner.

Comment

dont know much about it but a good friend of mine has an sc400 with the engine and manual tranny from an sc300....so its definitely possible, it didnt take too long so im assuming it isnt TOO difficult

Comment

wouldnt the 2jz 6speed tranny in the supra bolt up to the 2jz na in the sc300

Comment

yes it would.
              Why dont you just find yourself a sc300 5 speed? Some did come stock with manual.
              BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

yeah i have been looking for a 5speed for awhile but i can only find autos hey Alex will you tell me some specs of your sc and show some pics please thanx

Comment

I dont know this for sure, but it wont get out of my head...I think that in the future, swaping a stick shift on to the sc400's will become more popular because you might be able to take the tanny from the new supras (when they come out) and put them on sc400's.

Comment

k so im gona go with the sc300 2jz-ge so what 5/6speed tranny should i bolt up to it the 6 speed supra is too much or what should i do? and about how much will the tranny cost no labor fees im gona do all that work and if i cant find a mounal how about the cluch pedel instaltion were do i come upon that?

Comment

are the auto transmissions different between the sc300 and sc400?
                      there is a company think its called kennedy motorsports, they make universal bell housings and adapter kits, for this sort of thing

Comment

Check out www.clublexus.com, just about everything you wanna know will be found there(do a search). As a matter of fact there's a guy who's performing a manual swap on a sc400, he's listed parts he's using and also prices of those parts. Some of which he's had to source from Australia.

Comment

hey will the 2jz-gte drop into the sc400 easy??

Comment

Sc400 = V8 (1uz-fe IIRC for the '92)
                            SC300 = I6 (2jz-ge -- same as '93-98 MKIV supra NA)

Toyota did not make a manual transmission for the UZ-block before 2005 (this meant buying an adapter from that guy in Australia for $$ plus shipping/waiting). But, for 2005 Toyota is using a 6-speed manual transmission on the V8 Tundra (finally), so there will be a factory transmission that will bolt to your block. Finding one in the junkyard still might be expensive, but depending on what transmission they use (getrag from the supra?) you may be able to buy just the bellhousing from toyota etc. Anyway, I would look into this option as it should prove helpful in the years to come

Comment

rod millin did this with that IS400 they made they bolted a supra 6 spd up to a lexus GS400 V8. No it doesn't bolt right in you have to make an adaptor plate im sure rod millin's shop would be able to make you one. The hard part is that the auto is hard wired into the ecu you have to do a bunch of computer trickery to make the ecu think it still has and auto tranny in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X