RX-7 Drifting Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
    Just lucky I guess. The previous owner went through 2 then I went through the last 2. My car makes bout 342 at the wheels on 14.5 lbs boost. Just don't hold together. If I go back with a Rotary, i'll have it built right this time. Cooling issues have been my downfall and I really don't baby my car that much, well, at all. So things just don't stay nailed down that well.
    Would an adjustment of the redline help with engine life?

And by the way, how did you drift it in to the garage?

Comment

some more from d1 round 3 ebisu
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Drifting it into the garage was meant to be funny since this thread was a post RX7 photo's on Drifting.

768HP on stock seals? Don't see how that could be possible and last for more than 2 runs. I checked out his website and he does it on a Street port motor, doesn't give any specifics on seals. I would have to say there is some seal work to reach that level of performance. I would like to see the build sheet on that engine since it is assembled by Dee and Jay Mejias owner of Pro-Jay in New Jersey. If they are assembling that engine, they are doing more than just a street port to get that kind of numbers. It ain't just fuel and turbo. If it is then soon as I run across 10g's i'll take mine to em. Cause my tuner sucks.

Comment

Nice FD's, but I totally prefer the FC...

Comment

The engine does use stock mazda seals, he gets them from mazda competition. No mods are done to the seals. The car runs great. Doesnt show any signs of engine problems after a dozen 1/8th runs and one 1/4 in which he was on wheelie bars most of the time

Comment

2mm or 3?

Comment

stock 2mm

Comment

Cool, 2 mm hold boost better than 3 is the general consensus. I would like to see the car run. The point i'm getting at is this guy is not taking stock reman units from Mazda, slapping on helacious turbos and pulling 768 hp out of them just because he's a tuning wiz. There's something else he's doing besides the porting to get those numbers and not blow the thing sky high.

Comment

he will hopefully have some vids taken of him soon

Comment

But still, 768 hp out of a 13b is super commendable. He is quite a tuner.

Comment

Here's a pic
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X