No announcement yet.

Donnie's JAPAN ADVENTURES Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I painted the wheels with Japanese Krylon and cleared it with the same.

hahah yea you kinda go where the military needs your. I just happen to get here sooner in my career.

Welp got started today. I was not expecting to get the new car today. The guy knew my drive for drifting/racing and was very generous to me. I basically removed all the electronics and prepped the engine to come out. Also put my old Kie Office Coils on the new car so that I can make the old 33 a roller.. Ill be changing the water pump, clutch, misc gaskets and timing belt while its out.

very impressed with the quality of these over-fenders from Ziax. They took the brunt of the wall and didn't even crack.

new car after the coils, hub swap will start tomorrow.

Comment

I didn't get as much done today as I wanted to.. spent a large amount of time after work tracking down a engine lift thanks to buddies Stevo and Matt I got one before sun down. I did however remove the entire drive-train for the most part most of which I will swap into the new car tomorrow.

gotta have the PPE on when going to war lol

Comment

Did I read right, "$1300" for an r33 , or is a zero missing? If that's 1300 I've got to know where I can buy cars that cheap!

Comment

hhahah im in Japan man... this particular skyline is equivalent to a EF civic hatch back lol.

changing out parts while I can easily touch them

As you can see.. the roll cage stopped the side near the pedal from completely buckling. my mounting plates were undamaged.. proving that when installed right bolt-ins work.. .. Im not saying that welded cages are not bad azz... but for my purpose/situation... bolt-in's are fine

new bay is in great shape. I will spot weld some places to increase rigidity.

about to call it quits for today at about 4ish am

(note: look at the gas pedal lol... not even a half inch from the sidewall.)

Comment

Hello Mates

Day three of Car swappage.

I woke up this morning (June 5) and went outside to a bare horse stable. The bay is in decent shape minus a few areas. I decided to try my hand at spot welding to try and keep the bay as sturdy as possible. Did some research on temps and durations of welds to get penetration without burning through the thin metal using my gasless mig setup. It took me 3 hours to complete the strut towers.

After visually inspecting the bay, it’s no wonder they began to crack and separate over the years. As we all know for daily comfort/safety the chassis is build tough but loose for accident purposes. You can see that there are many gaps that can be filled to increase rigidity.

Before I could weld anything I had to clear all of the Japanese goo off the towers, you can see the difference with the sealer removed. If you don’t remove this stuff, it will certainly burst into flames. I recommend keeping water/air available to blow out flames. Also you will not get a clean bond, painting will re-seal the bear metal.

I put a lot of attention into the sections directly below the coilover. It seems that this location takes the brunt of everything. My S13 back home actually separated from the frame-rail. I recommend doing this if you have the time. I will do other sections of the car as time passes.

Engine is in and car ready to run.... I however have a minor electrical issue as the injectors are not clicking. The HR33 and ECR33 are virtually identical however the difference comes in the junction boxes above the ECU (no picture yet). I’m pretty sure that the one blank space is for the ABS system. The smaller plug looks similar to the body harness of the S-chassis that sends your signals for oil pressure, water temp etc to the gauge cluster. Nothing was disconnected from the engine during removal and installation.

At about 3am I ran a quick diagnostics and called it quits for the night. I’ll get it up and running before the day is over for sure. I am curious to see how the chassis responds to the spot welds Ill be welding in fender braces shortly after.

Comment

got the car running the other night. Just had to redirect power to one of the relays and to the injectors.

Ill start reinstalling the other parts.

Sadly due to military obligations, I will miss the MSC event coming up this weekend. It will be judged by Orido..... can't catch a break as of late lol.

Comment

Finally got rid of the other car today, feels good as I was getting tired of looking at it. I had to drive the car using a pair of vice grips lol fun times. We tossed the RB20 back in there as well, I got paid 20 dollars for the car because things were missing.

yay!!!!! all back together again!!

Comment

skyline... the mustang of japan

lol

Comment

no doubt. lol

Comment

Welp... its another Friday. dropped off and picked up my car today from the alignment shop

On the way home I noticed this sign lol as I was waiting at the light.. got a few shots.

added some Fender braces and R32 GT-R tension rods. Had to cut the pillow ball inserts to fit as the GT-R has a offset setup.

lifted the body harness up to avoid rubbing

getting better at using the gasless mig.. 1st pass

Drove the car around afterwords, very noticeable.

Comment

Today I decided to put the over-fenders back on. I don't like the way my car looks with 17's so I cleaned the 18's and put them back on. However I don't like spirited driving/racing with 18s so im constantly swapping wheels lol. I have drifted with these 18s on and I have zero rubbage.

This time I didn't cut too much of the body up allowing the over-fenders to install/fit easier than the last time.

after wreck

after about a week of setting in the sun and a new coat of paint

Comment

Rivets for the win! Reminds me, I need to finish my over fenders.

Comment

yea man.. I been in the game for a decade now.. lol I never used one until recently.. definitely a great tool and would have solved many problems a while ago lol. the fenders went on in about 20 min do to already having the holes haha.

Comment

Detailed the car today, let me start by saying those that do this for a living... bless your heart. I detail vehicles as part of my job ... but its different doing your own... waxing ftl... out come ftw. I will never do it without an electric buffer again.

Cleaned up the engine bay again... I need to see about adding modified mud guards. I have to clean the bay after every rain.

Also mounted some tires, going to destroy all of them before July 20th

Comment

damn man looks proper you swapped everything so fast congrats man and im very glad you are ok

Comment

Working...
                                X