Brewed Motors SR20det powered BMW Bangkok Thailand build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewed Motors SR20det powered BMW Bangkok Thailand build

I figure this is the perfect forum for sharing my current project out here in Thailand
    Check out the Blog for details and a little write up. Brewed Motorsports: BMW E30 SR20DET swap Brewed Thailand Circuit toy

I will try and keep it to mostly pictures and video here on the forum. Of course please feel free to ask any questions, always happy to help out if possible.

Super short build list and BIG thanks to Alex at Brewed Motorsports for getting all my parts safely shipped in one package to Thailand!

2dr E30
    s14 SR20det
    AEM EMS V2 30-6620 with Flex Fuel tuning
    ID1000cc injectors
    O44 bosch fuel pump
    E85 ~25-30psi on the S15 turbo
    BC sports front coilovers 8k
    E36 rack
    E46 front control arms
    Sparco seat
    E34 complete subframe swap
    Rear coilover conversion (Toms coils with 6k spring)

Coming from the states where i have every tool imaginable at my finger tips this little project is tacking me back to my roots!

Couple shots of some goodies that have now worked their way into the car.

Pulled out the engine harness to clean everything up, eliminate a few things as well as add a few things (MAP, AIT, boost control solenoid, anti lag system parts)

Couldn't find an electric shop ANYWHERE in my area (near Bangkok) that had what i needed... or even understood what i needed haha, SO I cannibalized the old gauge cluster i wont be using.
    Didn't find the 100 ohm resister that i needed but i did score a 70 ohm and a 30 ohm bing bang boom soldered inline =100 ohm resister!
    **resistor needed to make the alternator charge, wired inline to the small red/white wire in the 2 pin connector on the alt. this wire is normally for the warning light in the dash **

Last edited by tunermt; 01-25-2015, 09:30 PM.

Nice work McGyver! Always great feeling to pull a Gem out of Junk!

Comment

haha thank you much, yes i very happy i found what was needed in the old cluster. Very frustrating when you know something is so easy to make work but you simply can't find the part, not quite as easy as swinging by the local radio shack out here in Thailand.

Comment

Start switch and fuse box all wired up mounted on some sticker bomb (I'm liking the fuse box, pretty trick with little led's that light up next to each fuse if the fuse is burnt out)

Comment

Just finished up the front 3rd of the chassis harness.

Comment

I am so excited to see this car completed. Keep up the good work man!

Comment

Would have loved to install my E46 control arms and tie rod spacers today but found my hands full of the Buddy Club Thailand DC5 wiring... Tuned out nicely though

Comment

Tie rod spacers almost finished up.

using E46 lower control arms, e36 rack and tie rods (inner and outer)

Comment

pics no longer hosted
                  Last edited by tunermt; 01-25-2015, 09:31 PM.

Comment

adding a bit of material under the seat

Comment

unfortunately the poor E30 has been quite neglected over the last few month as i've simply been to busy to give her the love she so desperately needs. I did however work my way into testing out one these pretty little things! (guess i need to get things back together so i can actually do the testing!!!)

Comment

recently had some time to add a little strength and caster adjustment to the front strut mounts.

Comment

replaced with better pictures in next post
                          Last edited by tunermt; 01-12-2014, 06:05 AM.

Comment

More metal...

Front strut towers
                            Tubes to front frame rail
                            Tubes to lower frame rail under drivers/passengers feet. *still need to add gussets to a few places on these*
                            Repair/re-enforce/replace frame rails
                            Added "sub frame connectors (these basically run wheel to wheel (front to back) along the pinch welds and have a few cross bars) *will be incorporating trans mount and drive shaft hoop in the cross bars*
                            Sheet metal patch/re-enforcement **as you can see in the pictures rear of the front wheel wells still need some sheet metallove**

Comment

Wow that's quite a bit of rust hiding up under there, yeah? Make you nervous yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X