possible new drift track in Southern california

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible new drift track in Southern california

Ok everyone, I have been working on finding a location to build a drift track for over 1 year and may be getting closer to see my dream come true
    The location will be of the 395 before Ridgecrest california, thats aprox 2 hour drive from Irvine
    If I build it it will be a proper drfit track with 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th gear corners as well as a paved open area to learn on, what is the intrest for me to do this, is there demand to do this?? I would open every weekend, cost would be aprox $100-$150 per car and you could practice as long as you wanted, also we would open during the week for private test sessions,
    thanks your feed back is appreciated
    Leon Styles
    sidewaysrules at aol dot com

Man, I'd be interested, but that's a 5 hour drive for me.

Comment

Leon,

Great idea, but you should see what they're doing right off of the 60 and the 91. Every Thursday from 5-9 they have drifting. Now, the course is tight (its actually an outdoor kart track) but not only do you have cars coming out to drive, but you've got hundreds of spectators each Thursday and growing!

Everybody else...

20 bucks an hour to drift 5-9
      Adams Kart Track in Riverside. Right off of the 60 and the 91.
      5298 Bell Ave
      Riverside, CA 92509
      (951) 686-3826

!!!

Comment

I wish there was something closer to San Diego

Comment

I think it's a stretch that it would ever really happen, but if it does it would be cool.

I doubt it'll ever make it as a drift only place, open it up to karting or supermoto or amateur streetbike trackdays, basically anything so there's always money coming in because i really doubt drifting alone could support it. If it were good I'm sure I and many others up here would drive from Utah for a weekend on it.

Comment

drifting is dead yo.

Comment

Adams kart track is the shiet

Comment

This seems like a terrible idea...then again, with all terrible ideas these days, there's always a bailout for it.

Comment

for the 'average' drifter living in the South Bay, SFV, or SGV, would it be longer to drive to said track than driving to willow springs?

Comment

Originally posted by gigglesnirt View Post
                    I think it's a stretch that it would ever really happen, but if it does it would be cool.

I doubt it'll ever make it as a drift only place, open it up to karting or supermoto or amateur streetbike trackdays, basically anything so there's always money coming in because i really doubt drifting alone could support it. If it were good I'm sure I and many others up here would drive from Utah for a weekend on it.
                    He's got a point. I would be careful when designing the place to not make any part of it too specialized. There's a really good chance that you'll need to open up your track to other forms of motorsports just to pay the bills. Possibly something like closed/track maintenance on Monday, supermoto on Tuesday, Autocross on Wednesday, Karts on Thursday, Drifting on weekends. Maybe even work 1/8 mile drag racing in there also, depending on the size or shape of the property. Being a "speedway" rather than just a "drift track" is going to be much more appealing to the people approving loans.

A paved road course can be used for a few different things, but an open asphalt area with some cones and moveable barriers can be used for pretty much anything. That way, even if you are just a "drift track" at first, you have some options if the industry goes under or the market isn't what you thought it would be.

Comment

hehe. You would actually drive to Willow Springs and than drive for another 1hr 45min to get there. So yeah a little further haha.

Comment

actually its an hour closer than Willow springs to Irvine where I live
                        Leon

Comment

Ridgecrest, California is like 163 miles from Irvine whereas Willow Springs is 124 miles from Irvine. How is it close to Ridgecrest than Willow Srings? Are you guys smoking crack? And for people in Los Angeles, taking the 5 to get to Willow Springs is only about 90 miles, whereas to Ridgecrest is 160 miles, almost doubling the distance.

Why would you build another track to compete with Willow Springs? Just curious.
                          Hubert Young
                          KORE 8 Films

Comment

Give "sideways" some props. The guy is just trying to provide an alternative. Even Willow Springs is too far for a lot of people. Try looking for some space in Irwindale. That area would be centrally located to LA, Orange, and Riverside County. Approximately 45 minutes max from any of those locations.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubert Young View Post
                              Ridgecrest, California is like 163 miles from Irvine whereas Willow Springs is 124 miles from Irvine. How is it close to Ridgecrest than Willow Srings? Are you guys smoking crack? And for people in Los Angeles, taking the 5 to get to Willow Springs is only about 90 miles, whereas to Ridgecrest is 160 miles, almost doubling the distance.

Why would you build another track to compete with Willow Springs? Just curious.
                              maybe he drives faster on the way to this track

I hope things pan out with this leon... it'd be great to have an avenue for the formula-d speed type of driving.

Good luck!!

Comment

Working...
                              X