Drifting a 'stang!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting a 'stang!

Has anyone ever seen a sponsored Ford Mustang or Cobra at a US Drift event in CA or elsewhere. I had a chance to try my 03 GT on a "swedish cross" layout recently and, you know what, that damn thing drifts pretty darn well!

I'm toying with the thought of doing a little more prep to the car, adding a Cobra IRS (for more predictability and improved balance) and entering a few of the amateur events in SoCal. I may not win, but I can drift!

This is the instructor using my car to give someone a ride while I took the photos. Too bad no one with a camera was around to shoot me during my laps.

Don't everyone flame me at once for drifting a domestic!

Eric "Smoke 'em if ya got 'em" Eikenberry
    Attached Files

BTW- that's not in the corner, that's coming up the back straight of the "swedish cross"!

Comment

Re: Drifting a 'stang!

Alright, bout time I saw one of these, lolz. Wish I could see ya drift at the events over there. Everythings too far for me

Comment

AWESOME! more pics if you got em! i love seeing other cars drift than just the usuals...

Comment

A friend of mine is always trying to drift his stang, I got to admit he's not that bad. It's just looks funny seeing a Stang get Sideways.

Comment

yeah i dont think any one is gonna flame ya......we apreciate seeing people drifting domestics....whell at least i do. its cool c people drifting cars that not many people drift, thats being original. when u get more pictures post em. g8t job man

Comment

Lookn good! Yeah no reason domestics cant drift, thats just a stereotype. Couple of guys have been drifting older Camaros here in Hawaii for a while. Anyway, I started a club called power//slideways to try and promote domestic drifting, browse to www.powerslideways.com if you wanna check it out. We need more domestics drifting!! hehe. Do you have more pics?? I'm always looking for more pics to add to the domestic drifting gallery (at 100+ pics already). Keep it up!!

Comment

im actually in the market for a 93 coupe right now so i can start doing this

Comment

Nothing wrong with drifting a domestic man. I've been doing it for about three years...well with a lot of breaks in between. The new mustang would probably be a pretty good car to drift with. It's not to big or heavy but has some nice power.

Hey Shawn you going on the 24th? I might be there...

Comment

Yup ima be there. Gonna try some crazy shiz with the new transmission hahaha.

Comment

Man, I really wish I could see you guys at the events. That new Mustang is gonna be even heavier than the one we have now. Although, I'd love to see someone try with it when it comes out.

Comment

We had a guy come out to our last session with an 87 stang, we hope to see more domestics come out to our events!

This driver will also be competing at our first competition of the year on August 1st.

Short Clip

Full Video from the day - 56K = right click, save as

Comment

Since you asked for more.... <evil grin!>

The instructor spun the car 3 times, which equaled my total... Funniest was when he managed to drift right over one of the apex cones! The photos aren't as good, but I'll clean them up and post them. I didn't get all of the photos I wanted.

If someone will let me know when the next SoCal drift event is scheduled, I'll be there!

BTW- In addition to the IRS which is going on very soon, there will also be a Cobra R rear wing (its too cool, I cannot resist), and more suspension goodies. I'm trying to work out a deal with Eibach in exchange for some photos I shot. I'm also working on a deal to get some Toyos and 18" wheels... Its all baby steps at this point.

What sort of layout do the SoCal events use? I'm sure they don't allow the amateurs to go blasting around on a real track with walls, do they?

Eric "der drifting redneck" Eikenberry
                          Attached Files

Comment

Re: Drifting a 'stang!

Been doing that for some time now. (These are my cars)

(Courtesy jarehmechoe at Club4ag.com)

(Courtesy Yarzan here at drifting.com)

(Courtesy of Cipher Garage and GRM Magazine)

BTW, you don't need IRS for improved predictability and balance.
                            Last edited by driftfox; 07-16-2004, 12:25 PM.

Comment

1st D1GP Qualifying Round @ Irwindale around 2003. Bad quality picture because I forgot to change to action setting on my camera.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X