X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post

-Order King Taco

-Eat it in the stands
    GAH! The one thing I deprived myself of! Not next year!

Comment

For someone involved with the teams (I sponsored Matt Powers and Conrad Grunewald with full wiring and electronics packages, with 6 more drivers for next year, through my company Jordan Innovations), I think the event was a total success.

Everyone had plenty of room, plenty of practice, and when things went wrong the system worked to get the cars fixed and back on the track. Our hard-card carriers had full access everywhere they wanted to go without a whole mess of spectators (hot pit was all business), and the weather even cooperated!

I definitely felt the pain at Long Beach of reserved seating, but by the time Irwindale rolled around (my "home" event, I live 10 mins away), I had either ordered tickets for everyone I invited or told them to order them ahead of time. It's just the way it's got to be for a sold out event. I did hear a lot of people saying that they moved 'freely' around the grandstands, but that's to be expected I guess.

Restrooms were great, VIP sections were great, food was above average... drifting was some of the best I've EVER seen, and the crowd was awesome. Well done everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
        Everyone had plenty of room, plenty of practice, and when things went wrong the system worked to get the cars fixed and back on the track. Our hard-card carriers had full access everywhere they wanted to go without a whole mess of spectators (hot pit was all business), and the weather even cooperated!
        agreed! There seemed to be fewer people in the hot pits / staging area this year compared to years past, and I am glad that things have been clamped down a bit. I also felt that the media pits weren't too crowded, and there was ample time to move from pit to pit as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Banner View Post
          GAH! The one thing I deprived myself of! Not next year!
          Man... you dun gooofed!!

Did you at least get some Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles?

Or some Goldilocks (Filipino)? That's my dream sponsor right there, imagine free baked goods and rice at a drift event?

Originally posted by Jonny Fonseca View Post
          Is it ok to say, DAMN! lol thnx blaze! It was fun chatting it up on the driftstream! Hope they do it again next year!
          Yo, what was your name on the stream?...wish I could of been on it during the event. I would have loved to read the feedback from some of those battles.
          Last edited by Bebop; 10-12-2010, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Man... you dun gooofed!!

Or some Goldilocks (Filipino)? That's my dream sponsor right there, imagine free baked goods and rice at a drift event?
            Chicken and Waffles? Are you serious?? I MISSED THAT, TOO?

Dang it. Well, there is next year with better food planning

Comment

Man... you dun gooofed!!

Yo, what was your name on the stream?...wish I could of been on it during the event. I would have loved to read the feedback from some of those battles.
              jonnyf_

Is there a posibility FD would add a round or 2 for next year? Is that something FD is looking in to? I like all the tracks they use, it would just suck if they have to skip a track in order to go to new tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny Fonseca View Post
                jonnyf_

Is there a posibility FD would add a round or 2 for next year? Is that something FD is looking in to? I like all the tracks they use, it would just suck if they have to skip a track in order to go to new tracks.
                Well it looks like Wall is finally closing there doors for good so they need a northern east venue.I don't really want to see 8 championship rounds, but would really like to see a exhibition/world series event.Rumors were saying streets of ATL which would have been dope. I'm planning on heading out there to get tattooed anyway.

If not I would like to see a event at either

Miller Motorsports Park (Utah)

or

Laguna Seca (Bay Area CA)

Like I said in another thread, it would be nice to have a legit motorsports festival again like GT Live back in the day. Time attack, Drift, Road Racing, maybe Open Wheel all in one weekend. And I think those 2 would be the best venues for that type of event. Miller would also be a good neutral spot to hold Pro Am finals.

Or they can kiss and make up with D1GP, drop the vegas round and make it a exhibition....don't even act like you don't miss USvsJP matches.
                Last edited by Bebop; 10-12-2010, 07:06 PM.

Comment

I know most people rather have FD events at a track and not a parking lot. Wall was a $#!+ hole, but it was really great for the viewers, which englishtown is not. It would be better than none now that wall is closing, but i really think Formula D should move this event to the parking lot of the Giant stadium. Personally i think it makes a lot more sence, since it is in a more populated area of NJ. is 15-20 minutes from from NYC, 30-40 minutes from CT, still close enough to PA, and most important like 15 minutes from my house

More people, defetnely more media = growth

Comment

Originally posted by mannynj View Post
                    I know most people rather have FD events at a track and not a parking lot.
                    I actually have no problem with parking lots, as long as they are smooth and they design the courses fast. Remember, alot of us come from the days when FD went to Soldier Field(chicago) and Reliant(houston).

Obviously the drivers were having fun, but I don't think their cars did. Have you been on Giants stadium yet? Is it smooth, is it long, is it a rough(giggles)? There's a huge quantity of different road courses on the east coast... and east coast fans don't need any grandstands unlike us west coast folk.

Good idea, but I would consider it last ditch.

Comment

I don't know what hot pits are but the pro am area was super cool. Plenty of visibility in all pits. Blown away at amount of HUGE (PS3,Air Force, etc.) vendors. Its gonna get TOO BIG for my wallet I'm afraid. I will get it while I can afford it. Maybe I can get the family to go without food for a week to fill my desires...worth a try!

Was bummed at reserved seating . I got a great seat but was unprepared for the 6 hefty boys that each took 1 1/2 seats. Glad I didn't bring the family, I am used to general admission. Will be more prepared next year.

Had an absolute blast. Tread in my teeth, smoke in my lungs, drifting in my brain. Kept picturing my self pitching it sideways on way home in Turnbull Cyn. Too many kids to be playing that game.

I NEED MORE...

Questions:

Is Riverside a cool place on Thurs?

When are they going to do the Long Beach parking lot race again?

At L.B. Grand prix can I just watch drifts or is it part of the whole race cost wise?

Comment

I actually have no problem with parking lots, as long as they are smooth and they design the courses fast. Remember, alot of us come from the days when FD went to Soldier Field(chicago) and Reliant(houston).

Obviously the drivers were having fun, but I don't think their cars did. Have you been on Giants stadium yet? Is it smooth, is it long, is it a rough(giggles)? There's a huge quantity of different road courses on the east coast... and east coast fans don't need any grandstands unlike us west coast folk.

Good idea, but I would consider it last ditch.

Yes, it's a brand new stadium, with huge parking lots. in the summer the host an huge fleat market, the state fair, and a car show with drift demos. this summer I saw that pink s13 with the LS motor that was on the pro-am comp. drifting there. with a few other guys

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Banner View Post

The drivers I was able to interview were also the best. So, I want to thank "Mad" Mike, Alex, Darren, Matt Fields, and Nicoli (I murdered his last name) Konstantinov. I especially want to thank FD for letting me be there as a part of the media.
                          you also murdered his first name hahahah"Nikolay Konstantinov"

Questions:

Is Riverside a cool place on Thurs?

When are they going to do the Long Beach parking lot race again?

At L.B. Grand prix can I just watch drifts or is it part of the whole race cost wise?
                          yes at time

FD Long beach will be in april again most likely

if your at the grand prix they have the "team drift exhibition"
                          the weekend before is the formula d event itself

Thank you Formula D for an epic 2010 season. Feels like we were just at long beach and now the season is over. I wish to thank all the fans and supporters of omgdrift.com for helping to make our first year awesome. Thank you again to all the fans for supporting formula d and the drivers.

thank you jrod for all the memories and laughs with you on the mic.

thank you formula d, for giving me something to do 7 months out of the year.

thank you to all my clients who helped me make it out to all the events.

2011 is shaping up to have BIG THINGS!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deadpirate View Post
                            you also murdered his first name hahahah"Nikolay Konstantinov"
                            Oh, hell, I just realized that! DOH!

Comment

Formula D Irwindale for me this year was awsome! I invited 5 of my friend to go with me this year, 3 of them went for the first time. We all had a crazy time together. On Friday, like always is the more calm day which is a good thing because you get to observe more things and talk to more drivers. Saturday gets insane with the people but, I enjoy the crowd it makes it more fun. I got to talk to Andrew Coomes again, it was a year since I last saw him. He's really cool. The Dj's they had at FD were pretty dope. I really liked this one Dj that was in Patrick Mourdant's Tent, he was mixing some crazy dubstep. Gotta love the FREE NOS! King Taco is always good. Lots of crashes this year at Irwindale as we all know. I signed up at the Hankook booth to try and win a Mishimoto Raditor but, didn't win. I did get a lot of stuff from Hankook though. The paper airplanes that the crowed kept on throwing was pretty funny, the good thing about that was that they kept you amused while the track was getting cleaned up because of the crashes. There were lots of new cars this year that were out at the track. That Honda Element was really interesting to see it drift. I felt that it was going to flip over. It looks pretty sketchy drifting one of those cars. Too much to say but, overall FD Irwidale was a Blast.

Comment

Working...
                              X