(FEEDBACK) FORMULA DRIFT Irwindale 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-Rod View Post

Blaze1- Well said, glad you had a good time and I must commend you on your thorough synopsis of the event, it seemed premeditated and not reactionary as some of your posts in the past perceive to be. Well said and thanks for coming out and bringing new fans.
    I'll make a call about the weather next time for your friend. haha
    I actually feel the exact opposite about your announcing. I like it when you come off the dome, when you accidentally curse, and your random Internet folklore jokes. I get bummed when you sound like a cue card.

I always try to write my post race reviews as soon as the event is over so they are fresh in my mind. But also try to write them(along with school work) when I'm very tired so my fingers and my mind are at the same speed. Most of the time (as you see) they are not lol.

Comment

Is Vaughn the first or second champ with drifting as the only motorsport background? Was Chris the first?

Comment

This was probably one of the best Irwindale events I've ever been to.

Vendor row was packed, lots of food, NOS Energy Drink had a ton of stuff going on (Their lounge area with the carnival style games was better than their VIP tent), and there was just a lot to do in general.

What a year for Vaughn "Shake 'n Bake" Gittin! I was really pulling for my boy Dai but I'm happy for Vaughn too. His title win really shows how much this sport is about having a good team behind you.

I only have two "cons" to this event:

1: I would have liked it if the car show was a little bigger. I'm sure there is a reason why it wasn't but it would have been better with more cars.

2: I think Vaughn and Aasbo should have gone OMT.

Everything else was top shelf in my experience.

I wasn't in the grandstands so I don't know what the deal was with the "assigned" seating but if its true then I could see how that would be undesirable.

I get having "reserved" seating so you have a guaranteed seat..but if they were "assigning" said seats then that could have the potential for wackness.

Especially if a group of friends bought seats and couldn't sit together.

IF that was the case then Formula D should adopt what the Long Beach Grand Prix does and let you pick where you want to sit among whats still available when you buy your ticket.

Anyhow, Irwindale was fresh...can't wait for the new announcements, FD Abu Dhabi, and all the new talent making their way into the series.

Thanks for a great 2010 Formula D!

Comment

yes Chris was the first one, Vaughn is the second.

Comment

Event was a great one! I love Irwindale because everyone goes and everyone knows the best part of drifting is the people. Event seemed to run smoothly formula d has done a great job of managing the down time they used to have. Thanks to drifting.com and formula d for the tickets too! It was great that we recieved real tickets instead of just wristbands which gave us great seats!

Comment

ASD/Vaughn Gittin JR/Ford Racing:

First American born driver to win in a American car

First Driver to win in a mustang

First Driver to win along side of a multi car team

Ford Mustang has the lowest MSRP of any championship chassis new

Heaviest Driver (210lbs) to win a championship (lol)

Only driver to win a championship in their first year with a major energy drink sponsor after not winning one before

Only FD champion to win a D1GP event
              Last edited by Bebop; 10-11-2010, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                ASD/Vaughn Gittin JR/Ford Racing:

First American born driver to win in a American car

First Driver to win in a mustang

First Driver to win along side of a multi car team

Ford Mustang has the lowest MSRP of any championship chassis new

Heaviest Driver (210lbs) to win a championship (lol)

Only driver to win a championship in their first year with a major energy drink sponsor after not winning one before

Only FD champion to win a D1GP event

Is it ok to say, DAMN! lol thnx blaze! It was fun chatting it up on the driftstream! Hope they do it again next year!

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                  Foust was AEM in '07, and went full Rockstar in '08 and won.

.... but I get what you mean. It's just really confusing the way you said it.
                  Last edited by Slapshotnerd; 10-12-2010, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Guys, one of the reasons we pushed Irwindale to go to all reserved seating was because of the complaints we received from fans in past years who were upset that they would lose their seats when they would go get something to eat or go to the bathroom. The seating we have now is exactly like buying a ticket at a regular sporting event like basebell, football, etc. Even at Long Beach you get a specific seat once you pick your section. However, at Irwindale, you can actually go into the seating and pick a specific seat unlike Long Beach where the system picks the seats for you. If you would like to sit with your friends in the future you just have to buy together or have your friends tell you where they are sitting and go pick seats next to them if they are indeed available.

If you guys prefer opening seating over that, we can certainly look at changing it, but most people seem to prefer this system.

Comment

I actually like the arranged seating. I bought my tickets a month in advance and got great seats. I use to like the first come first serve mentality, but I've come to realize it creates more problems than benefits. If you plan your ticket buying you can have great seats, and sit with your friends.

The only real issue with the seating was there were quite a few people (at least in my area) that bought seats for the first row and there were no seats there. I knew this myself, which is why I bought 2nd row seats; But there were a bunch of people having to get replacement seats because they ended up in the handicap isle. I know that has nothing to do with you guys and everything to do with Irwindale Speedway though.

Keep it up guys, looking forward to another great year next year.

Comment

feedback ey!

Irwindale is always a blast! pro am is wer its at, all the new guys, new talent, with their down *Censored**Censored**Censored* cars they got nothing but skill n heart (go carlos!).
                        few surprises at qualifing, WAT no ross petty!
                        nothing but big V8s with superchargers on top lol
                        of course tanner and gitttin had to b at the podium jus like every event haha
                        matt power and fedric asbo still my favorite!!!
                        overalll lots of fun and cant wait for nxt season to start alll over!
                        keeep drifting everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                          Foust was AEM in '07, and went full Rockstar in '08 and won.

.... but I get what you mean. It's just really confusing the way you said it.

Yeah, but he came off a championship year prior. Same goes Rhys Millen in 05,but he never won another championship. Rhys is the only major energy drink backed driver that hasn't won a championship for his company.

Yeah...confusing lol

Back to seating

I honestly cant imagine someone getting up to go to the restroom while the track is hot and loosing their seat. Even if you show up to a event alone you can tap your neighbor on the shoulder and I'm pretty sure he or she will save it for you.

What I have seen over the years are people who show up real late to the grandstands with big groups of people looking for almost a whole row to occupy. Those are seriously the people I cannot stand as they tend to get angry and start arguments, or they smash 8 of their friends into 5 spots and ruin it for everyone else.

Me and my crew have irwindale down packed to a routine:

-10-20 mins before opening ceremonies

-Send girls in stands to reserve seats

-Order King Taco

-Eat it in the stands

-Watch drifting

Real sporting events are on a whole nother level. A football game or a basketball game you have no reason to leave your seat other then going to the restroom and getting food. There's no long breaks in between sessions where 99% of the crowd leaves their seats. And tickets are rather expensive as you pay for quality and to watch million dollar athletes.

A $500 seat is always better then a $100 seat. But lets just say you go to a baseball game, early season on a weekday. You buy a ticket for maybe 20 bucks, its assigned but you can damn near sit anywhere near you section as long as you don't piss someone off or make it obvious you don't belong there.

I like the assigned seating if everyone sat where they belonged and show up to the seats on time. I was really scared someone was going to be in our seats and we would have to make a scene to get them back.

Ok I will stfu now... trying to tell my self I'm not posting on here anymore lol
                          Last edited by Bebop; 10-12-2010, 01:41 PM.

Comment

I honestly cant imagine someone getting up to go to the restroom while the track is hot and loosing their seat. Even if you show up to a event alone you can tap your neighbor on the shoulder and I'm pretty sure he or she will save it for you.
                            You may not be able to imagine that, but this is what we heard from the literally hundred of emails we received before we went to reserved seating. We don't do stuff or make changes for no reason. We do so because it makes sense from the data we have gathered. If you want to sit with your friends, it is not hard to do so if you know the system.

Comment

you can lose your seat during intermission
                              reserved seating is better than the alternative for Irwindale since the seats have sold out in the past

the best solution is to purchase tickets for your group online in case the seats sell out before you arrive

Comment

Originally posted by Formula D View Post
                                You may not be able to imagine that, but this is what we heard from the literally hundred of emails we received before we went to reserved seating.
                                Yeah I may not, just speaking from 8 years of experience sitting in those stands.

Consider it a email?

Comment

Working...
                                X