Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FORMULA D - Irwindale - October 7 - 8 2011

(10 FREE TICKETS) FORMULA D - Irwindale - October 7 - 8 2011

Please tell us why you deserve a free ticket.
    Example; Why do you want to go? What are you looking forward to?

Old Ticket Contest Thread for reference;
    http://www.drifting.com/forums/gener...th-2009-a.html

Formula D Irwindale 2011 Schedule
    Friday, October 7, 2011 – Preview Day

2:00 pm – 10:00 pm– Gates Open to the Public – Venue
    10:00 am – 8:00 pm – Will Call – Venue
    2:00 pm – 3:00 pm – FD: Open Practice (#1) – Track
    3:00 pm – 4:00 pm – FD: Open Practice (#2) – Track
    4:00 pm – 6:30 pm – FD: QUALIFYING – All Drivers, reverse ranking order – Track
    7:00 pm – 8:00 pm – FD: Autograph Signing Session – NOS Bunker
    7:00 pm – 9:00 pm – Pro/Am: Qualifying – Track
    9:00 pm – 10:00 pm – FD: Open Practice – Top 32 – Track

Saturday, October 8, 2011 – Main Event

2:00 pm – 10:00 pm – Gates Open to the Public – Venue
    10:00 am – 8:00 pm – Will Call – Venue
    2:00 pm – 3:00 pm – FD: Open Practice – Top 32 – Track
    3:00 pm – 4:00 pm – Pro/Am: Main Competition – Round of 16 to Finals – Track
    4:00 pm – 5:45 pm – FD: Main Competition: Round of 32 – Track
    6:00 pm – 6:30 pm – Pro/Am: Trophy Ceremony
    6:00 pm – 7:30 pm – "Half Time" Break
    7:30 pm – 8:00 pm – National Anthem / Opening Ceremonies – Track
    8:00 pm – FD: MAIN COMPETITION – Round of 16 to Finals – Track
    10:00 pm – 10:30 pm – FD: Trophy Ceremony & Closing – Main Paddock

**All schedules are subject to change without notice. Any questions on possible changes can be address with any FD representative on-site.

Well, I haven't been to a Drifting competition in a couple months. I would love to attend this event especially since its Round 7 Title Fight!!! Irwindale! Even though sometimes I'm not free to attend these awesome events because of my hectic work schedule, I still follow DRIFTING.com on Face Book & Twitter and I try and support the DRIFTING.COM community/team through purchasing their awesome T-Shirts!!! I just got my RX7 FC VERT a new RB flywheel and Exedy Stg2 Clutch and I'm getting back into the community myself and Im ready! So it would be AWESOME if I could Get a Free Ticket or TWO (for my girl-friend) to the Round 7 TITLE FIGHT! If I'm able to get the free tickets I'd have more CA$H to spend on the "Race All Night Mummy" shirt, and if still available "Amber" <3!!, The Clutch Kick Ninja to add to my collection, and just have an Awesome Time! I mean C'mon its going to be at "THE HOUSE OF DRIFT"!!! Nothing better than Tires screaming, smoke trails, and cars coming at you sideways at 90 mph+!!!
    Last edited by ZumnRX8; 08-29-2011, 10:23 AM.

Comment

WOW, i havent been to one in the lonnggesttttt time, i guess i stepped outta the scene cus i was going through some real hard times, Losing my GF, losing my job, getting my car wrecked, this would be awesome to at least get 2 tickets to take my new gf out and see what i love doing, and to just get away from all the nonsense in my life. I wanna show her how the real rotaries scream and all the goodies behind the performance of these cars!

Comment

Hi RICKY!!!! :boink:

Comment

I would really like a pair of tickets to the house of drift. I haven't been able to catch any of the events due to school, work and other life events(gf lossing baby ). I miss watching the sick tandem battles, screeching tires and the crowd yelling ONE MORE TIME!!! Any opportunity to catch some good drifting is better than any

Comment

I have been a drift fan since the 1st time I watched Initial D that is my old time favorite! I am obsessed with FD3S u can see from my wall! I still watch my DVDs from time to time. However, when I first saw Formula Drift on TV I am totally hooked! I have been catching up with it ever since! Watching it live is so different than watching it on TV! My 1st real Formula drift experience was back in 10/2010 in Irwindale! I was lucky enough to get Dai's T-shirt and then met him in person and later got his autograph on my shirt! That is my lucky shirt and every time I wear it something good happened to me! (Also my rotary attack T-shirt!) I had my 1st drift along ride in June for my birthday in AMP, I can't even describe the feeling! It was just freaking awesome! Well, long story short! I think I should win the tickets because I am a girl I am crazy about cars I love drifting and the smell of the burning rubbers just makes me high!!!! lol!
            Attached Files

Comment

Drifting has been my passion ever since I was young kid when my older brothers would take me out to Angeles Crest Mountain to watch some old fashioned touge drifting. Going to Formula D - Irwindale relieves my longing to go drifting again. Cars have been the ultimate bonding glue between me and my friends. I look forward to getting snowed on the face with tire particles, drinking beer with my buds, and watching the final round of Formula D. Yeah, I love nostalgia. I would love a pair of tickets to the event. Thanks!!

Comment

It'd be dopeee to get a pair of tickets to Irwindale! I need these because, I've been deprived of cars and car culture ever since I moved away from the city. It's been tough and since I live pretty close to Irwindale, it'd be a great opportunity to revisit my past time. I can also re-culture my gf back into the car scene again. I look forward to seeing my boy Rhys Millen. I've been a big fan of him and can't wait to see him tear up the streets of Irwindale. It'd be great if I can get hooked up with a pair of tickets! Thanks a lot!

Comment

NOTE: The seating locations are reserved so if you are going with a guest they should also enter the contest.

Comment

I would love to take my dad to formula D we haven't been for about four years because we usually take a trip to see family around this time of year but this yea I have a nursing final and so we won't be leaving so I want to make it up to my dad by taking him to formula d ... I also will rather spend the day smelling burned rubber then studying for my nursing final <3 thanks Panda

Comment

Dear INFO,

Of course, like the rest of the members I feel I do deserve a pair of these tickets. Growing up, I went to almost every show in the Los Angeles area even if it required begging my mother to carpool my friends and I in the ol' '89 Caddy Sedan Deville. As over time, responsibilities grew and time has become ever more precious thus I have been out of the scene for a time that seems almost a whole lifetime ago.

I've been in the drift scene for years, ever since it started back in the area with the D1Grand Prix events right there in Irwindale. I have always been a huge fan of drifting, the import scene, and all the local (the legal ones of course) drag races.

With the tough times nowadays, it would help a lot and be greatly appreciated if I could have the opportunity to see the final round of the year. I remember back in the days when these events were $12 to get in. Kind of out-of-hand for them to run up upwards of $30 for your average person to budget nowadays.

If it's worth anything, my company (CED) recently relocated to Irving, Texas thus leaving me jobless (not to say that my situation is any different than a huge number of other individuals around the country). With some luck with these applications I have sent, I am certain to land back on my feet, with the intentions of sooner than later as anyone would hope.

I'm sure there are plenty of others in need of an opportunity to just get away from the real world for a sec and enjoy some of the things in life. What I am really looking forward to is just that, to re-experience the excitement of drifting and enjoy a day with friends alike.

So make your decision knowing that you may be able to add a little brightness in someone's life by something as small as a golden ticket. Thank you in advance for any consideration.

Sincerely,

Jeff

Comment

Since these tickets will be going fast the last day to enter will be September 23rd.

Comment

So, we don't get a pair of tickets? Are you giving out only one ticket per entry?

Comment

9/23? Why give some much time to people who don't follow you guys? Everyone who posted here already is your loyal fan! I say we all win pair of tickets!

Comment

Originally posted by jennypchiu View Post
                              9/23? Why give some much time to people who don't follow you guys? Everyone who posted here already is your loyal fan! I say we all win pair of tickets!
                              loyal fans will more likely get a pair!

Comment

Working...
                              X