ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Formula D Staff, Rules and Tech (DSPORT Magazine # 126)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula D Staff, Rules and Tech (DSPORT Magazine # 126)

Excerpted from DSPORT Magazine # 126
    http://dsportmag.com/specials/spl2/f...rules-and-tech

"Jim Liaw - President / Co-founder

I got my start in the automotive industry as an intern at McMullen Argus Publishing. After graduation, I continued there selling ads into Sport Compact Car & European Car magazines. Later, I worked for the Import Drag Racing Circuit as the Sponsorship Manager. I further expanded my marketing scope working with Hot Import Nights and eventually co-found Slipstream Global Marketing.

We created Formula Drift by circumstance. After successfully bringing D1 Grand Prix to the US in 2003 (the first D1GP competition outside of Japan), we didn't want to squander a year's worth of work to promote and educate people about drifting. So we offered to work with D1GP to continue promoting the brand in the US, but they declined. At that point, we decided to continue the momentum by starting Formula Drift (FD)...

Ryan Sage - Vice President, Co-founder

I have been in the industry for as long as I can remember. My first introduction to the industry came by the way of building a vehicle that I took to Hot Import Nights. Ironically, years later, I ended up working at HIN in the marketing department. This is where Jim and I met and when we both departed from HIN, we started Slipstream Global Marketing.

One of the biggest challenges Formula DRIFT faces includes attaining mainstream respect. Drift fans see it as not only a form of entertainment, but a real motorsport, with real drivers, real car builds and a real community. Secondary to that is the challenge of creating a competitive environment that works for an indefinite number of chassis’ and powerplants. Finally, trying to find an acceptable equilibrium on the judging, with a transparent system that produces the best competition possible while giving the drivers and the fans confidence that it is a system they can stand behind..."

Excerpted from DSPORT Magazine # 126
    http://dsportmag.com/specials/spl2/f...rules-and-tech
Working...
X