No announcement yet.

super cool! S2K engine in RX-7!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not a big fan of seeing any RX car with pistons in it. Still, the owner had a reason to do the swap and the money.

Rotaries have advantages and disadvantages just like pistons have theirs. To say that one is better than the other is crazy talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
      Yea, good job. I hate the 13brew's. They suck the big ones. The only problem that I would have putting the S2000 engine into my FD is that it would be underpowered. I am used to 340 whp and to get that out of the S2000 engine would cost more than just putting an LS1 engine in it.

I think that is an awesome swap you guys did. As for the car not being an RX anymore, I took the RX part of my emblem off a year ago. Just says 7 now. Besides, if they are still experimenting after all these years then pooh oh them. So nanny nanny boo boo

I have the Rotary and look where my car sits.
      i can't believe you would just pile all that stuff up on that nice 7! what's wrong with it any ways? i'm really not a fan of taking the rotary out of the rx-7... but i'm sure it run's nice

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Roman
        pretty obvious you have never owned an rx-7. and id like to see you swap out your shoelaces let alone the powerplant of a car.

Comment

Originally posted by parknglotdrfter
          i can't believe you would just pile all that stuff up on that nice 7! what's wrong with it any ways? i'm really not a fan of taking the rotary out of the rx-7... but i'm sure it run's nice
          Ghost's FD chews up and spits out motors like nobody's buisness.

Comment

Jesus! It's lik mixing Italian spaghetti with a cheeseburger! Gosh, I hate it.

Comment

Swaps are cool, and super fun to think about, but I think you kill the spirit of the RX-7 when you put a piston engine in it. It's true that rotaries can be tempermental, that's why they aren't put into people haulers. I personally love to think of what I'll do when my 13B bites the dust: 13b-rew? 20B? R26B? Maybe I'll get to use one of each at some point.

Props on the S2000 engine transplant, sounds cool. I'm gonna stick with Wankel.

Comment

hey Ghost of Duluth, where did your Initial D sticker go?

Comment

i think its a nice swap, the next thing its see how it runs and slides....btw the people who said that those guys where stupids and doesnt know nothing about rotarys is couse they dont own one.. har har har

pd. the owned pic was off the hizzy!!!

Comment

even though i really have a disliking for hondas, i would love to have that motor and trans swapped into my truck. i think they should have swapped in a SR20det though since that motor is built for a lot more hp then it already makes and the S2000 motor is all most at its peak for hp potential unless you get new rods, crank, low compresion pistons, turbo (or supercharger) ect. a stock SR20det can make over 400 whp on a stock bottom end but i dont think i have heard of any F20C's doing that yet.

Comment

Normally I'd be against this swap in a Rx7 since it has no torque, but since they are planning on a supercharger, I suppose that should help. To me you have to stick to the spirit of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintDrift
                        Normally I'd be against this swap in a Rx7 since it has no torque, but since they are planning on a supercharger, I suppose that should help. To me you have to stick to the spirit of the car.
                        Of course, we all know how much torque those rotaries have

Comment

^^^Great username!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 14yrolddrifter
                            Of course, we all know how much torque those rotaries have
                            hahahahaha took the words right out of my mouth.

Comment

I can't deny that the big H builds some ballin' good engines. I do agree that the rotary makes the 7, but hey, the sr20 makes the sivlia and people swap rb's all day.

I say kudos and then some, i love 7's but i'd take the f24 over a wanky anyday.

Comment

Doesn't look too out of place in that engine bay and it's nice to see guys doing some cross-pollination.

I'll admit, I agree that the rotary engine is what's always made the RX7 special (after all, the FC looks like all the other Japanese sports coupes that mimicked the Porsche 944's styling in the 80's, handles about the same too, more or less).

But, special doesn't always win competitions. Hope the combination works out well for you guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X