No announcement yet.

350Z or RX-8??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont see how you could go through 4 motors unless you are just abusing them, like not keeping up the maintenance etc.. I beat the crap out of mine and every 2000ish miles i get the oil changed at Nissan along with a 'checkup"(just so if i do blow it up i have all the maintenance up to date with them). And everytime i check it the oil is the perfect honey color even up to the day i have it changed. The only thing that is going in my car is the clutch. But those can only take so much abuse as it is.

But I do agree alot of people like Nissan in the drift world, however thats not why i bought mine, personally i drove just about every new car when i was looking at mine, everything from the Scion TC to the Z06 vette' and bang for buck the 350z was the winner for me. But everyone's different.

The RX-8 was 4th on my list btw.

Comment

that guy u speak of is mr Andy hately one kick *Censored**Censored**Censored* driver with all hes got and no he hasnt gone through 4 motors lmao rumors man ppl talk alot of BS hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by Hyde
        well wtf u dont need to call names *Censored**Censored**Censored*. besides not everyone has an rb or sr swap in their z so itd be pretty badass to have one though.

no. it would not.

Comment

my $.02

ive driven both aaronlosey's car and ali aljibori's Z when they are stock with a nismo 2 way, and track model Z that was bone stock. honestly in my experience (not too crazy but its decent) a Z33 with any lsd is the easiest car i've ever drifted in my life that was relatively stock. you can pull a lot of angle bone stock, and the torque these cars have is very very nice. ive driven aaron's car with 225 azenis sports in front and 245's out back, and honestly that car has more than enough torque to put it in 3rd gear and drift most any course even on tight section's due to the plentiful unexpected torque the vq puts out. on a RX-8 i would have been shifting all over the place tryign to stay at the eleventy billion rpm's the N/A renesis rotard crap requires to make any power. a n/a rotary is NOT what you want for drifting, and anyone who will debate that is just 1) ignorant 2) stupid, and ignorant.

get a Z. has torque, looks good, in stock form its a blast to drive in drift at an auto-x , around town, just whatever, the cars are an extreme blast no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters
            no. it would not.
            yes. it would.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters
              on a RX-8 i would have been shifting all over the place tryign to stay at the eleventy billion rpm's the N/A renesis rotard crap requires to make any power. a n/a rotary is NOT what you want for drifting, and anyone who will debate that is just 1) ignorant 2) stupid, and ignorant.
              its true the rotary needs the rpms to keep up the power, but i dont think thats such a bad thing for drifting. American drifting is so focused on setup and power that we are forgeting the skill portion of it. Japanese drifters use so much more technique with less power. Yea, its alot easier to drift with gobs of low end torque, but drifting isn't supposed to be easy. if it was easy it wouldnt be as cool. I think people should try other cars and not just bandwagon with the Z and 240sx so much. branch out people, be creative. just becuase a car is slightly more adept in stock form doesnt mean its the only option. be unique for gawd's sake.

Comment

calvin's vq is running a twin turbo TD-05 18G setup

Comment

The funny thing is that it is cheaper to put a 400hp SR in a 350z than that twin turbo kit for the VQ. Calvin Wans G35 is badass but that engine is built inside out and still puts out less torque than the D1 top secret/orc RB26dett Z33.

As far as the rx-8, that electronic assist steering is almost as bad for slip as trying to do donuts with an attesa system. trust me, I've tried both
                  Last edited by my 1 88 u; 08-01-2005, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
                    The funny thing is that it is cheaper to put a 400hp SR in a 350z than that twin turbo kit for the VQ. Calvin Wans G35 is badass but that engine is built inside out and still puts out less torque than the D1 top secret/orc RB26dett Z33.

As far as the rx-8, that electronic assist steering is almost as bad for slip as trying to do donuts with an attesa system. trust me, I've tried both
                    What kind of power is calvin putting down??

Comment

my god, the sillyness never stops on this site. calvin wans car is a monster. comaparing it to a 400hp sr is crazy, not to mention naive. the power band of a twin turboed, fully built 3.5 liter motor is nothing short of amazing for drifting. the rb26 would feel week in comparison. it might create more peak hp, but the tq and useable power band would be much weaker than calvin wan's car. you might as well say jr's car was a waste of money, since he could have put an sr20 in it.

and it would not be more expensive to put a twin turbo kit on a vq than it would be to put a 400hp sr in the z, unless your 400hp sr was free. and you wouldn't need a twin turbo kit to get there, just a single. and i hope we are talking about whp here. oh, and a 400whp sr would be laggy as hell.

i'm not saying the vq is the greatest motor in the world, as it is known for having kinda weak internals. but its an awesome motor, that is awesome for drifting, and will in the future be the choice of ricers everywhere. and i'm not bagging the sr, as i have friends with them and they are a GREAT match for the 240sx. i'm not bagging on the rb engines as i have an rb25det that is all turboed up and stand alone, nifty coolness. its a very neat engine, and puts out way more than a hundred more whp that a vq. vq is still a better base for drifting.

they must pass out some really good drug here.

oh, and mike, i don't run 225s up front. that would be silly. i run 245s all the way around. and azenis sports are so last year, i'm running the new 615s i won at drift showoff : P
                      Last edited by aaronlosey; 08-01-2005, 06:38 PM.

Comment

if i remember correctly its 550hp 400tq

Comment

Originally posted by aaronlosey
                          my god, the sillyness never stops on this site. calvin wans car is a monster. comaparing it to a 400hp sr is crazy, not to mention naive. the power band of a twin turboed, fully built 3.5 liter motor is nothing short of amazing for drifting. the rb26 would feel week in comparison. it might create more peak hp, but the tq and useable power band would be much weaker than calvin wan's car. you might as well say jr's car was a waste of money, since he could have put an sr20 in it.

and it would not be more expensive to put a twin turbo kit on a vq than it would be to put a 400hp sr in the z, unless your 400hp sr was free. and you wouldn't need a twin turbo kit to get there, just a single. and i hope we are talking about whp here. oh, and a 400whp sr would be laggy as hell.

i'm not saying the vq is the greatest motor in the world, as it is known for having kinda weak internals. but its an awesome motor, that is awesome for drifting, and will in the future be the choice of ricers everywhere. and i'm not bagging the sr, as i have friends with them and they are a GREAT match for the 240sx. i'm not bagging on the rb engines as i have an rb25det that is all turboed up and stand alone, nifty coolness. its a very neat engine, and puts out way more than a hundred more whp that a vq. vq is still a better base for drifting.

they must pass out some really good drug here.

oh, and mike, i don't run 225s up front. that would be silly. i run 245s all the way around. and azenis sports are so last year, i'm running the new 615s i won at drift showoff : P

I was comparing a stock vq with the greddy twin turbo kit to an SR with an upgraded turbo and other bolt-ons, and comparing a fully built FD VQ to a fully built D1 RB

Comment

Z for the win!

sd touge is talking about jeff short guy, not ratty looking though

and he blew 2 motors not 4
                            think he uses a kaaz does have a cage though

Comment

i still bet that the calvins g35 puts out more torque than the orc, top secret 350z. and i bet it puts out quite a bit more in the 3500 to 4500 rpm range.

and stock for almost stock, my 350z pulled on my friends 240sx with an sr20 two days ago. and the sr20 was running between 10 and 12 pounds of boost, on a stock setup ( boost controller, intake and exhaust ) we went from a third gear pull so there would be no mistakes, until the top of 4th. my z is completely stock except for a lsd, which would have no effect anyways. my z was faster than my r33 skyline with an rb25det with normal mods as well, and is only a little slower than an r33 gtr. stock for stock it is a great car. toss some boost on it and it will become a monster.

besides. sr20s start to fall apart when they hit the 400whp range, and rb25s don't make it much further. rb26s make it closer to 550-600 and are great engines, but are very heavy and long.

Comment

maybe thats his name, his car is silver, and were he crashed in one part its getting all rusty and *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* lol

well maybe t was 100 degree weather at the oval at willow springs that made him look like a young guy trying to make payments and afford 17inch drift tires lol.

ya i think his screen name might be shamtlyz, not shure.

also another sick z drifter guy, i dont know his name, but he use to have a silver one, crashed that, now has a red one, supercharged and pull sup towing it in a nissan suv lol.

i want more $$

Comment

Working...
                                X