Nopi Drift World Finals Info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All for the money,

if money wasn't on the line (well this amount anyway) no one would be complaining or hitting each other or calling they're husbands little bitches.... lol jk

but yea, money makes people act funny

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters View Post
      there are plenty of videos that visually and audibly show him straightening out after the pass and proceeding to ram dan at WOT. i missed it in person, and saw some videos yesterday and i was just like what the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*.

but seeing that its bill, doesnt really suprise me.
      Its ok, I suspect he will get his next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowwrx View Post
        Dan put a smoking pass on Sherman...Then Sherman proceeded to straighten out and drive right into the back of him.
        Yea, pretty much how it looked to everyone else there too. Videos show it clearer. From what I understand, they were going to award the run between Marty and DAn to Marty because Dan made contact with Marty. But Marty went up and let them know he had a mechanical failure causing his car to slow. Then after they were going to cap Dan for making contact, they cap him for someone contacting him. Made no sense really and alot of the crowd saw it and boo'd.

If you are going to hold one person to a standard, you need to hold everyone to that same standard. No matter if they are points leader, up for the money or whatever. Videos show that contact was intentional, the downshift to ram him was pretty clear cut. With some of the other things people have seen, it just adds up that Bill is a loose cannon. The whole sport is based around crazyness but it's controlled crazyness. When you take it to the track and start Earnhardting people in the rear end. it's time for you to go.

Bill's shown time and again that he's a great driver and able to run at the top. But he just screwed it and went wide, then got mad that Dan got the pass and retaliated. Tough break for Dan because he clearly outdrove Bill, hands down, end of story. Sad that Bill had to take him out to win.
        Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 09-18-2007, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Someone post a vid already!

Comment

Originally posted by thao View Post

www.mischivous.com/dan.avi

Comment

yeah, make with the vids!!!

drift.

Comment

They are on ZT...

But uh... I really want to see the one where Bill slaps Mike Peters lol

Comment

Originally posted by Slowwrx View Post
                  Dan put a smoking pass on Sherman...Then Sherman proceeded to straighten out and drive right into the back of him.

He is a danger to the sport.

From the videos I've seen its pretty clear he did it on purpose.
                  http://www.mischivous.com/dan.avi

Take a look at it again.

Thats a cheap shallow line pass Dan made.

I'm going to end it right here and instead of having to explaining it to you, watch the video.
                  Last edited by ; 09-18-2007, 03:50 PM.

Comment

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...70854402675055

Here's one, Bill goes way wide, Dans grabs the inside and makes the clean pass. Bill rams.

Probably wouldn't be such an issue if the judges weren't going to give the Dan/Marty win to Marty because Dan contacted him. Then they give the win to Bill after he contacted Dan. Blatant reversal of what they just did. That should have gone to Dan.

Either way, too late now. Event is over.
                    Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 09-18-2007, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Al View Post
                      http://www.mischivous.com/dan.avi

Take a look at it again.

Thats a cheap shallow line pass Dan made.
                      Agreed Even if Dan WASN'T in Bill's way during transition, it was a boring line.

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth View Post
                      http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...70854402675055

Here's one, Bill goes way wide, Dans grabs the inside and makes the clean pass. Bill rams.

Probably wouldn't be such an issue if the judges weren't going to give the Dan/Marty win to Marty because Dan contacted him. Then they give the win to Bill after he contacted Dan. Blatant reversal of what they just did. That should have gone to Dan.

Either way, too late now. Event is over.
                      The event IS over, nothing is going to change the results.

The situation with Dan/Marty was different from what happened with Dan/Bill. You can't compare the two. Marty came up to the judges and turned the win to Dan because he admitted to mechanical failure- which resulted in the hit.
                      Last edited by thao; 09-18-2007, 04:03 PM. Reason: add content

Comment

2 ugly *Censored**Censored**Censored* cars hit eachother.
                        whats the problem?

well.... they still drove afterwards...

Comment

Being involved with Drifting for a while now and I usually find it more fun / exciting for the drivers / crowd if the cars stayed closer together throughout the whole course rather than trying to pass. Sticking close to the opposing lead car is the skill aspect of drifting.

Comment

Yeah, but Snowman, this is USA drifting.
                            The place that went and turned it into as much of a competitive thing as it could. Fun goes out the window, and it is replaced with competition.

How unfortunate.

Stupid USA.

Comment

The situation with Dan/Marty was different from what happened with Dan/Bill. You can't compare the two. Marty came up to the judges and turned the win to Dan because he admitted to mechanical failure- which resulted in the hit.
                              Actually, you can compare the 2. Contact was made from the rear each time. There was another run that day where contact was made from the rear and the win was awarded to the guy who got hit. Like I said, if you set a standard, follow it. Getting hit in the rear was an automatic win, if Marty wouldn't have told them his car shut off, Dan would have lost that run. Instead, Marty did the sportsmanlike thing and went to the judges. If you can't get that, I don't know how else to explain it.

True, the line was shallow, I can agree with that. But the pass was clean, shallow and boring or not. No way to disagree that. If anything, there should have been a "One more time" and it should have been settled that way. Not an automatic win to Sherman. After the pass, he didn't bother even trying to set up for the next transition, he just held down and pushed dan out and used that momentum to keep going.

Judged sport or not. Changes will be made as things progress and bigger sponsors get involved. Too much is open to interpretation and big money doesn't like too much "grey" area. I can see video playback on decision in the not too distant future so that odd enforcement of policy doesn't happen like this.

Comment

Working...
                              X