Nopi Drift World Finals Info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian View Post
    Yeah, but Snowman, this is USA drifting.
    The place that went and turned it into as much of a competitive thing as it could. Fun goes out the window, and it is replaced with competition.

How unfortunate.

Stupid USA.
    For once I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth View Post
      Actually, you can compare the 2. Contact was made from the rear each time. There was another run that day where contact was made from the rear and the win was awarded to the guy who got hit. Like I said, if you set a standard, follow it. Getting hit in the rear was an automatic win, if Marty wouldn't have told them his car shut off, Dan would have lost that run. Instead, Marty did the sportsmanlike thing and went to the judges. If you can't get that, I don't know how else to explain it.

True, the line was shallow, I can agree with that. But the pass was clean, shallow and boring or not. No way to disagree that. If anything, there should have been a "One more time" and it should have been settled that way. Not an automatic win to Sherman. After the pass, he didn't bother even trying to set up for the next transition, he just held down and pushed dan out and used that momentum to keep going.

Judged sport or not. Changes will be made as things progress and bigger sponsors get involved. Too much is open to interpretation and big money doesn't like too much "grey" area. I can see video playback on decision in the not too distant future so that odd enforcement of policy doesn't happen like this.
      Hello PEOPLE!

LATE APEX = RACING LINES = FASTER = RESULT OF THE HITTING.

Jesus H. Christ.

I don't think the VIDEO needs explanation as Dan and Tracy was the one provided it...

but they really BELIEVE THEY ARE RIGHT.

But in their defense, they might be right since NOPI has no passing rules but the video speaks for it by itself.
      Last edited by ; 09-18-2007, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Al View Post
        Hello PEOPLE!

Jesus H. Christ.

I don't think the VIDEO needs explanation as Dan and Tracy was the one provided it...

Al, He was 15 feet out the side of Dans car. He knew WELL in advance how that pass was going to end. Watch the video man. He never even bothered to set up for the transition, just nosed in the rear of Dans car.

You might want to watch the video again. Dan pulls away from him right before the hit. So your "Racing lines are faster, that's why he hit him" theory is out the window since Dan pulled away to set up right before the transition. Then Bill gassed it and nailed him. I don't see how you are missing this.

How can Dan be in his way if he's pulling away?

And the VIDEO was provided by spectators at the event. They just asked if anyone had one. Are we to assume that someone will call foul on some "Shady" video editing? Like photoshopping cars in? Is that where this is headed?
        Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 09-18-2007, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Al View Post
          Hello PEOPLE!

Jesus H. Christ.

But in their defense, they might be right since NOPI has no passing rules but the video speaks for it by itself.

First if you really want to get into it, neither one of them is on the racing line. That Corner would be a double apex corner so there would be two turn in points. Look at the video.....are you kidding me.....Bill is out in the weeds, there is barely any rubber out there. Dan and Tracy didn't provide the video a spectator did.

Whether or not you like passing in drifting the bottom line is it seems to score points in NOPI and its not against the rules. I'm sure ramming someone is so I would say the win should go to Dan.

Comment

I would have hit Dan too. The precedent set with NOPI said that if you pass it's a win. If you hit someone it's a win. The only thing that trumps a pass is a hit. Bill got passed and wanted to win. Different series different rules. Bill is a very clean driver where contact is not encouraged, but it was in this series.

I'm not saying it was a good thing to do, or proper drifting or anything like that, I'm not a fan of crashing into your opponent, I find way more excitement in two drivers displaying enough skill to run that close but not actually touch, but Bill knew what he needed to do to win, what was expected of him, and he did it.
            Last edited by BenR; 09-18-2007, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BenR View Post
              I would have hit Dan too. The precedent set with NOPI said that if you pass it's a win. If you hit someone it's a win. The only thing that trumps a pass is a hit. Bill got passed and wanted to win. Different series different rules. Bill is a very clean driver where contact is not encouraged, but it was in this series.

I'm not saying it was a good thing to do, or proper drifting or anything like that, I'm not a fan of crashing into your opponent, I find way more excitement in two drivers displaying enough skill to run that close but not actually touch, but Bill knew what he needed to do to win, what was expected of him, and he did it.
              No Ben, the person GETTING hit wins. Not the person hitting the other person. 2 other runs had people getting hit, 1 run was automatically awarded to the Hit driver, and one was going to be (Dan/Marty) but Marty corrected it.

I think you got confused there. Hitting your opponent is not a win. Getting hit and spun by your opponent is. That was the precedent they set, and they followed it right up to the Ben/Dan altercation, then went the exact opposite way. Slamming into your opponent doesn't trump a pass

Comment

Why are we talking about this anyway. Let's talk about how dope that line Dan threw behind Kenjii on the initiation was, how tight Justin was on the clips, how Marty won his callout and did some serious F'ing in the A, and how Alex was assaulted by a guy with a towel.
                Last edited by BenR; 09-18-2007, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Why are we talking about this anyway. Let's talk about how dope that line Dan threw behind Kenjii on the initiation was, how tight Justin was on the clips, how Marty won his callout and did some serious F'ing in the A, and how Alex was assaulted by a guy with a towel.
                  True, Alex got creamed by that guy in the towel. That red mark hurt me from 10 feet away.

Comment

Dood. Did Alex show you his belly button (besides all of the hair)? That kid with the towel got him slap in the belly button. That could have made his intestines fall out. That would have been the serious issue of the weekend if that happened! A bunch of people would be in some serious crap-o-la. Who would play the lead role, Alex Pfeiffer, in FnF4???????? I would want Harrison Ford. Discuss :???:

Comment

I have a few photos of the whole incident im going to try and post up tonight. but looking at them I know a lot of ppl claim bill straightened out, but in the photos I have, his tires are at angle compared to the rest of the car, so I dont know

Comment

I don't care who plays Alex, I wanna be played by either Tone Loc, or Megatron.

Comment

I don't care who plays Alex, I wanna be played by either Tone Loc, or Megatron.

I want to be played by Lisa Loeb. I always wished I wore glasses.

Comment

You don't need to be blind to wear these glasses. The only requirement is to be sucka free.

Comment

btw what was up with all the photo guys in shorts getting yelled at?

Comment

Originally posted by Mars View Post
                                btw what was up with all the photo guys in shorts getting yelled at?

It wasn't a safety thing. You all just had really gross legs.

Comment

Working...
                                X