No announcement yet.

Nopi Drift World Finals Info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When bill takes responsiblity for his actions OJ simpson will have just had his signed confession for murder notarized. Be it paintball guns, running miatas into poles, stealing tires, or rear ending people.

Comment

• Originally posted by BenR View Post
      This could all be easily resolved if they'd just use my suggestion of a 3 round MMA cage match to resolve one more times and grey areas.

I dont know man, I think everyone should just play mario party.

Comment

• So now its because he didnt finish. RIGHT, pick a story and stick to it. If your going to lie at least be consistent unlike your judges.

This is why dan didnt finish:

Hell look at Shermans car:

Not enough room to transition?

If its really about why he didnt finish, then how come NO ONE mentioned that AT ALL SUNDAY. it was ALL ABOUT THE PASS.

BACK PEDAL BACK PEDAL

Comment

• Like I said, Standard Operating Procedure for anything Nopi. It was like that 10 years ago when I worked for em, still the same way. At least they are consistent.

Comment

• I know who you are now..... haha

Comment

• Originally posted by NOPITECH View Post
              I know who you are now..... haha
              You do? Who am I?

Comment

• i thought drifting was about the crashes?

Originally posted by BenR View Post
                Where were we?

Oh yea, hatebobbarker, I'm not cool, I don't have a pretty enough car.

I love that I didn't introduce myself to you the whole weekend

Comment

• He hit him in the *Censored**Censored**Censored*, you don't hit someone from behind trying to transition from right to left.

This whole deal leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I think Ill run somewhere else next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by hatebbobbarker View Post
                    i thought drifting was about the crashes?
                    You guys back home yet?

Comment

• THIS IS DAN POSTING FROM TRACYS ACCOUNT

Originally posted by NOPIMAN
                      Not giving Bill the room to transition is why Bill did not receive a zero on the incident. This is what the Judges were trying to explain to you and the crew. Instead, all you heard was, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, no room to transition.....
                      NOT TRUE. THE JUDGES STRAIGHT UP TOLD ME I LOST BECAUSE I DID NOT LEAVE HIM ROOM TO TRANSITION. NOT BECAUSE I LEFT THE COURSE. He had all the room in the world to transition. BEHIND ME.

No Dan, Bill did not receive a zero on this because the judges felt you did not leave room to transition. He did however receive a point deduction, not as severe as the penalty for leaving the track during the run.
                      As far as you and the judges should be concerned my car was damaged due to contact from a driver that was in the rear of me. YOU SAID ABOVE THAT BILL WAS PENALIZED FOR HITTING ME. Who knows if my car could continue, it didn’t feel like it to me, I didn’t take another lap to find out.

IT DOESNT MATTER, I MADE A CLEAN PASS. I WAS ALREADY PAST HIM.

SO, AS LONG AS YOU COVER UP YOUR HIT FROM BEHIND IN THE SMOKE AND DO IT WHEN THE CAR IN FRONT OF YOU SLOWS DOWN TO TRANSITION YOU CAN HIT AND NOT GET A ZERO.

Originally posted by NOPITECH
                      No need to watch the video to see why you lost. I knew you left the course so that was the reason being.
                      . Per the rules, it really didn’t matter if it was intentional or not. HE HIT ME, POINT BLANK. IT DOES NOT MATTER IF IT WAS ON PURPOSE OR NOT. I was in control of the run after the pass was completed.

As I have explained to Dan, he made a clean pass on Bill, in the video you can see this.
                      I HAD CONTROL OF THE RUN AFTER THE CLEAN PASS. BILL SHOULD HAVE ASSUMED A FOLLOW POSITION.

I also never saw in the videos where you were spun out, nor did I see it when it happened. I did see where the impact pushed you off line, you gained control and then exited the course under your own power, and with-out being told to by a NOPI official.
                      My car went into a severe under steer condition after the impact. The car could not be corrected from the under steer because Bill kept pushing on my rear bumper. You can see that I slammed on my front brakes to try and bite my front tires but Bill was STILL PUSHING ME OFF MY LINE.

Originally posted by nopiman
                      Like I told you earlier in the email, you did a hell of a job this weekend, and came one heat of the moment decision short of winning the event.
                      Thank you Glenn. It should not have been a hard decision for the judges to make. IT IS STILL AN EASY DECISION TO MAKE.

Originally posted by nopiman
                      I am sorry for the way that things played out for your team, but just like in the case with Marty, unless you can get Bill to step up and say it was intentional like you accuse, everything will stand as it is.
                      It is not an accusation, it’s the facts. Are you calling me a Liar? He admitted it to me. Bill, where you at? LOL

There is a great frame by frame shot done here of the impact.
                      http://www.floridaracing.org/driftin...a/sunday/top8/

NOW, HERE ARE ALL MY VIDEOS AND PICTURES

Here is a frame by frame video made from the footage taken by floridaracing.org
                      http://www.batlground.com/movies/nop...e_by_frame.wmv

Here are frame by frame pictures taken from in front of the judge’s stand.
                      http://www.importatlanta.com/pablo/NOPI%202007%20DRIFT/

Here is a video made with the frame by frame pictures found above (can you notice the car lunge forward at my car)
                      http://www.batlground.com/movies/nop...rom_judges.wmv

Here is a video from the stands (can you notice the car lunge forward at my car)
                      http://www.batlground.com/movies/nop...ds_clipped.wmv

Here is a video from the front row (NOTICE HOW HE PUNTED ME)
                      http://www.batlground.com/movies/nop...er_clipped.wmv

Here is a video from the media pit (you can see him keep pushing me)
                      http://www.batlground.com/movies/nop...ia_clipped.wmv

Comment

• Originally posted by hatebbobbarker View Post
                        i thought drifting was about the crashes?

I love that I didn't introduce myself to you the whole weekend

No need, I knew who you were. I can see through the internet.

- Peters. Stop touching yourself.

Comment

• Its official...people will do anything for 10Gs....

Its obvious there was no room for transition after the pass, right after the clipping point he was on your arse meaning he had to slow down and re initiate after straightening out. Put up the revs (hitting you) then dump the clutch to initiate back around that last turn.

Does anyone recall FD chicago in 05, ken did something like that to rhys and got penalized for it...Gush knew he messed up by trying to take the fast shallow line. I dont know how the track layout... but seeing you passed on the inside on that first turn you could have took the outside to keep the distance and keep some decent angle without bill being on your arse.

Subtract the bill, subtract the hit in the rear, that was a pretty crappy line you were trying to run. And seriously, you understeered after the hit and were going totally strait... it look like you attentionally spun unless you broke something.
                          Last edited by Bebop; 09-19-2007, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• The JUDGES get it wrong again....In all forms of drifting (over the last 4+ years)if the rear car contacts the car in front the rear car is at falt and looses the round.. As Earnie He won a round at D1 for the the same reason He lost drift , but the rear car hit him giving him the win!!!!! Tanner lose his Round on Erwindale 06 D1 when he tapped the lead car and the car spun enen though the car was almost in side the finish cones....As it has always been enforced , Bill was DQ when he t-bones the car in front... the round should have been over at that point, it dosen't mater what Dan did after that.... Come on GUYS let get it right for a change!!!!!!!!! If it going to be ok to push some one out of the way, I will hate to see the damage cars coming NEXT year...........but I quess some would like that...

Comment

• Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                              Its obvious there was no room for transition after the pass, right after the clipping point he was on your arse meaning he had to slow down and re initiate after straightening out. Put up the revs (hitting you) then dump the clutch to initiate back around that last turn.
                              HE ALREADY TOLD ME HE HIT ME ON PURPOSE. There is this pedal in the middle of the gas and the clutch called a brake. There is also an ebrake to help rotate the car when you cant use the gas to do so.

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                              Does anyone recall FD chicago in 05, ken did something like that to rhys and got penalized for it...Gush knew he messed up by trying to take the fast shallow line. I dont know how the track layout... but seeing you passed on the inside on that first turn you could have took the outside to keep the distance and keep some decent angle without bill being on your arse.
                              Bill went wide, he was out farther than the water trails on the track left by the leaking barriers. It wasn't a gangster line, it was a wide line that was not correct. I took the inside fast line then i stayed inside on my transition so he couldnt stick his nose in there. Tandem is tandem, protect your line. The inside cones are there for a reason. If the judges wanted us out by the wall the inside line would have been pushed out there.

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                              Subtract the bill, subtract the hit in the rear, that was a pretty crappy line you were trying to run. And seriously, you understeered after the hit and were going totally strait... it look like you attentionally spun unless you broke something.
                              That was the line I qualified on, that was my line. He rammed me and then continued to push me off the track.

Comment

• Originally posted by olddrifter View Post
                                The JUDGES get it wrong again....In all forms of drifting (over the last 4+ years)if the rear car contacts the car in front the rear car is at falt and looses the round.. As Earnie He won a round at D1 for the the same reason He lost drift , but the rear car hit him giving him the win!!!!! Tanner lose his Round on Erwindale 06 D1 when he tapped the lead car and the car spun enen though the car was almost in side the finish cones....As it has always been enforced , Bill was DQ when he t-bones the car in front... the round should have been over at that point, it dosen't mater what Dan did after that.... Come on GUYS let get it right for a change!!!!!!!!! If it going to be ok to push some one out of the way, I will hate to see the damage cars coming NEXT year...........but I quess some would like that...
                                FINALLY SOMEONE WITH SOME SENSE.

Comment

Working...
                                X