• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tracy View Post
    FINALLY SOMEONE WITH SOME SENSE.

THEN MARTY SHOULD HAVE ADVANCED

It's over man let it go.

Comment

• I did not see the round between Marty and Dan. but you may be right. The real problem is Drifting is judged by outsiders on how we conduct our events, if we can not get it right how is bigger sponsors going to invest the $$$$ if we can not operate our events in a maner that looks Professional........where does Drifting go from here....

Comment

• Originally posted by olddrifter View Post
        where does Drifting go from here....
        Right here.

Forever.

Comment

• What I dont get is the rules specifically state that passing is not allowed. How come throughout the year people were passing for the win.

Passing is geay in drifting.....its too easy to have low angle and a shallow line and slip in between the lead car and the clipping point, forcing the driver to change his line.

This specific incident is the end result of passing being encouraged in the NOPI series.

or should I say, passing going unpunshed.
          Last edited by GreekDrifter; 09-19-2007, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• To Dan, posing as Tracy,

With your fixation on passing, this incident was bound to happen. Maybe now, you will concentrate on drifting instead of passing.

It all started with Marty in St. Louis and ended with Bill in Atlanta. Not to bring up the past, but Dan, in STL you straightened out (I have a picture of your car completely straight), squeezed between Marty and the clipping cone and forced Marty to change his line....personally, Marty should have knocked the crap out of your car just like Bill did.

Oh, and BTW, I didn’t see you “Be and man” and retract your win against Marty in STL.

Your drifting resume is writing itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreekDrifter View Post
              in STL you straightened out (I have a picture of your car completely straight), squeezed between Marty and the clipping cone and forced Marty to change his line.
              If i would have hit Marty and I was awarded the win I would have gladly BEEN A MAN AND HANDED IT OVER. Marty never mentioned that he changed his line nor have i seen that in videos or pictures. I didn't straight line him. Marty doesn't have a problem with it so why are you still involved?

YOU HAVE A DOUBLE STANDARD ON PASSING. Its ok for some people but not ok for others. DO YOU THINK ITS OK TO RAM PEOPLE TOO?

NOPI can make it simple and just ban passing, that is an easy solution.
              Originally posted by Dennis George
              This specific incident is the end result of passing being encouraged in the NOPI series.
              You are right. But do you want to encourage ramming people from behind.
              Last edited by Tracy; 09-19-2007, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BenR View Post
                Yeah, but then this fun thread wouldn't exist

Dan, you accused the judges of trying to 'ruin' your career over this, which is funny because WHEN YOU TYPE LIKE THIS IN ALL CAPS AND COMPLAIN (when you don't get your way), you're showing a lack of professionalism to your peers and any lurking sponsors. We can read what you type, the caps are unnecessary.

The event is over, hopefully Nopi will take this experience and make some changes for next year, that's really all you can hope for.
                Last edited by thao; 09-19-2007, 04:51 PM.

Comment

It's over man let it go.
                  Marty had mechanical failures, sort of like Bills teammate that he was paired up against, but Marty had them on track, not in the pits before the run....

Hitting someone because their car blows out and ramming them off their line because you are pissed are 2 different things. By letting this slide and awarding the win, Nopi has opened up a can of worms for next years Crash-em-up derby. Have fun with your sheetmetal boys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth View Post
                    Marty had mechanical failures, sort of like Bills teammate that he was paired up against, but Marty had them on track, not in the pits before the run....

Hitting someone because their car blows out and ramming them off their line because you are pissed are 2 different things. By letting this slide and awarding the win, Nopi has opened up a can of worms for next years Crash-em-up derby. Have fun with your sheetmetal boys.

There has never been a reason for a following car to be allowed to hit the lead car, mechanical failures or not. The chase car should be in control enough of their vehicle to not make contact for any reason. To my knowledge, the rules for this have been historically pretty cut and dry in every other pro series. Opening this up to trying to determine what the drivers true intentions were or if there was mechanical failure in a collision creates one more area for subjectivity where there really shouldn't be any.

Then again I've never seen someone run to the judges stand and start arguing with them immediately after making contact either so...
                    Last edited by BenR; 09-19-2007, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• jeez show some professionalism and sportsmanship.

Comment

Then again I've never seen someone run to the judges stand and start arguing with them immediately after making contact either so...
                        LOL did someone do that?

did he start kicking dust up on the umpire too?

Comment

• I don't think that they have done anything unsportsman like.

If anything what is going on right now is going to help the sport grow.

There needs to be cut and dry rules, there should be no grey area.

What happened was really unfortunate. However Dan pleading his case and letting everyone see what a joke Nopi is will help the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by cfrost View Post
                            LOL did someone do that?

did he start kicking dust up on the umpire too?

"THE INTERNET WILL FIND THE TRUTH!!!! I WILL TELL EVERYONE ON THE INTERWEBSSSS!!!1111oneeeeeleven"

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by thao View Post

The event is over, hopefully Nopi will take this experience and make some changes for next year, that's really all you can hope for.

i hope they drop the "professional" from the title

Comment

Working...
                                X