Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my $.02

3 people(s) were at fault here:

1. Dan for taking the pass move, and buying into what the NOPI judges desire/allow in their drift competitions.

2. Bill for blatently rough housing Dan after being passed. Bills an amazing driver, and for that reason Bill could have chosen to not hit him.

3. NOPI series judges for allowing passing to occur, and not punishing drivers for taking the pussey *Censored**Censored**Censored* inside defensive line, as opposed to the gangster entry and line.

Its the same reason I protested runs in St Louis where passing became the object. FD had this same problem in 05, everyone who was driving that year will remember. Then in 06 they told everyone to stop doing it. One of the best phrases I remember "Take the same line in tandem as you do in qualifying, stop trying to take the inside line and trying to pass".

So who is wrong? Normal racing is a push and bending of rules and limits in order to have an advantage/beat another person. Bill beat him, and was not disqualified, so Bill did what the judges wanted him to do, and it worked.

Jason Giovani (XAT/boxie brown car) was told by the judges that he was wrong for avoiding another car that was going to hit him, and that Jason should have let the guy hit him, instead of backing off and avoiding him.

with that being said, I would like to announce my running for NOPI 08 and introduce my new car:

I figure this way I can do confident man entries, and uber agressive tandem 'rubbing'. It also shoots flames, has spinning wheel daggers, and makes a really cool dinosaur roar when you hit the horn. (dont worry, I know I still need a window net).

And remember, any real racing expert will tell you, that "rubbings racing".

So it saddens me that I have to run a figure 8 car, and listen to the words of Robert Duval's NASCAR strategies in order to compete in drifting. Then I remember, this is american drifting, where honesty, respect, and beautiful driving skills are not as important as a little rub and tug. Slam ya later dude!
    Last edited by Rob Fleming; 09-20-2007, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• Rob,
      I couldn't agree with you more!
      "Then I remember, this is american drifting, where honesty, respect, and beautiful driving skills are not as important as a little rub and tug."

Tandem drifting is about following and matching the driver in front of you as closely as possible. For as long as I can remember passing is for timed or lap racing like Nascar. Drifting is about style and driver skill, passing should only be allowed if the lead car spins or runs a line that is excessively off the apex' of the corners and it is a safe option. Being the lead car the driver should recognize his mistakes as well and allow the following car to pass safely. We don't need drifting to turn into a demolition derby!
      Cheers,
      M. McCoy

Comment

• I think we're all missing the bigger picture here...

Diet Coke® with Bacon™ tastes more like bacon than the leading bacon-flavored diet soda!

Comment

• Originally posted by andysapp View Post
          I think we're all missing the bigger picture here...

Diet Coke® with Bacon™ tastes more like bacon than the leading bacon-flavored diet soda!
          I heart Andy

Comment

• Diet Coke with Bacon.......now that's funny

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob Fleming View Post
              my $.02

3 people(s) were at fault here:

1. Dan for taking the pass move, and buying into what the NOPI judges desire/allow in their drift competitions.

2. Bill for blatently rough housing Dan after being passed. Bills an amazing driver, and for that reason Bill could have chosen to not hit him.

3. NOPI series judges for allowing passing to occur, and not punishing drivers for taking the pussey *Censored**Censored**Censored* inside defensive line, as opposed to the gangster entry and line.

Its the same reason I protested runs in St Louis where passing became the object. FD had this same problem in 05, everyone who was driving that year will remember. Then in 06 they told everyone to stop doing it. One of the best phrases I remember "Take the same line in tandem as you do in qualifying, stop trying to take the inside line and trying to pass".

So who is wrong? Normal racing is a push and bending of rules and limits in order to have an advantage/beat another person. Bill beat him, and was not disqualified, so Bill did what the judges wanted him to do, and it worked.

Jason Giovani (XAT/boxie brown car) was told by the judges that he was wrong for avoiding another car that was going to hit him, and that Jason should have let the guy hit him, instead of backing off and avoiding him.

with that being said, I would like to announce my running for NOPI 08 and introduce my new car:

I figure this way I can do confident man entries, and uber agressive tandem 'rubbing'. It also shoots flames, has spinning wheel daggers, and makes a really cool dinosaur roar when you hit the horn. (dont worry, I know I still need a window net).

And remember, any real racing expert will tell you, that "rubbings racing".

So it saddens me that I have to run a figure 8 car, and listen to the words of Robert Duval's NASCAR strategies in order to compete in drifting. Then I remember, this is american drifting, where honesty, respect, and beautiful driving skills are not as important as a little rub and tug. Slam ya later dude!
              This post wins the whole thread.

Comment

• See you next year!!!!

By the way...This car made a clean pass.......
                Last edited by NOPIMAN; 09-21-2007, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AR_ View Post
                  omg

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

dan, u took a weak line, and cut in front of him and then braked

u got rammed because of it. do u think any of this whining on the internet will change anything????

u lost its over. best bet is to MOVE ON and get better next year.

either way bill would have one the series.

peters... quit talking *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* about bill, u've already been pimped slapped once, i dont think u want that person to do it again

Go to school.
                  Christ.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOPIMAN View Post

See you next year!!!!

By the way...This car made a clean pass.......
                    you and I both know that sh1t looks hot!

Comment

• Can someone photoshop that to say herpie enstead. That would be awesome.

Comment

• Attn Those Not At Drivers Meeting

if you were at drivers meeting you'd have known that

the judges wanted you to take an inside line around hte 1st corner even in qualifying

this whole thread is redicluous.

and as slap thing, post the video, id like to see it so would many other people, please email me the whole thing mikespeed95 located at gmail.com . if bill was so awesome for doing it, hell continue to be awesome when he cant come in the gate at desoto speedway anymore in his own "home town".

more bacon coke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Peters View Post
                          if bill was so awesome for doing it, hell continue to be awesome when he cant come in the gate at desoto speedway anymore in his own "home town".

more bacon coke.
                          I think somone deleted the thread just for that reason.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure the thread was deleted because someone created the fake account 'SlideAmerica2' and posted the video under that name. The Slide America people were flattered, but not impressed.

I bet if someone wanted to post the video under their OWN name, then the thread would probably still be around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                              I'm pretty sure the thread was deleted because someone created the fake account 'SlideAmerica2' and posted the video under that name. The Slide America people were flattered, but not impressed.

I bet if someone wanted to post the video under their OWN name, then the thread would probably still be around.
                              Somebody email the video to me, Ill post it under my name....I do not give a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*kkkkkkkkkk k

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowwrx View Post
                                Somebody email the video to me, Ill post it under my name....I do not give a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*kkkkkkkkkk k
                                Yea, we know, cause you are looney like that on the internet. Flex your finger mucles some more please.

Comment

Working...
                                X