Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VDMTom View Post
    Did he drive the 240 or the mustang?
    I was driving the Mustang... JR (driving his 240) and I had a great time chasing each other around the track giving passengers a first hand view of just how good the Falken 615 tires work...

I did test the VQ Swap 240 at Irwindale yesterday. Naturally the power is good and we made some good changes to the chassis. It is going to take some getting used to as it drives completely different than my car but we do have another test scheduled for tomorrow so hopefully I'll get a handle on it by the time qualifying comes around on Friday...

Wish me luck,
    DV
    Last edited by DV19; 10-10-2007, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DV19 View Post
      I was driving the Mustang... JR (driving his 240) and I had a great time chasing each other around the track giving passengers and first hand view of just how good the Falken 615 tires work...

I did test the VQ Swap 240 at Irwindale yesterday. Naturally the power is good and we made some good changes to the chassis. It is going to take some getting used to as it drives completely different than my car but we do have another test scheduled for tomorrow so hopefully I'll get a handle on it by the time qualifying comes around on Friday...

Wish me luck,
      DV
      Good to hear you are getting some seat time!!! With the monsterous torque that VQ puts out, it should be fun at Irwindale once you can tame the car! GOOD LUCK!!!!
      Hubert Young
      KORE 8 Films

Comment

the car looked really good today we only had about 4 or 5 runs late in the day but the car sounds great on the banking and he has the transitions down now i think he will do well

Comment

Hubert. How does the powerband in that built VQ compare with my mildly modded Ls1fd?

Wish you the best man. Sorry we lost touch.

Andrew. Still waiting on those cooling pipes, and left a message about the shifter mounts but havent heard back. I know you are a buisy guy.

O and I have a new number now if you want to give me a ring.

408-515-959eight

Comment

I've said it numerous times, if anyone deserves a ride, it's Doug. Total professionalism and super nice guy. Good luck on the venture.

Comment

Originally posted by Motdyn-Ls1fd View Post
              Hubert. How does the powerband in that built VQ compare with my mildly modded Ls1fd?
              The VQ and the LS1 both have massive torque. The VQ on Andrew's car got a little more high end because of the supercharger compared to a mildly modded LS1. You can keep grabbing the next gear and keep roasting the tires.
              Hubert Young
              KORE 8 Films

Comment

Sounds like a really fun car to drive.

Are you going to still compete in anything this season or next?

Comment

I drove the pink and white one a couple weekends ago and even though it had alot of gremlins and wasnt running that great (def. needs more chassis setup too) the power and torque curve on that stroked supercharged vq is amazing. Wish the car was running better when I drove it but even how it was running it had great power. Good luck Doug I am sure that car can be tamed and can put down some good runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth View Post
                    I've said it numerous times, if anyone deserves a ride, it's Doug. Total professionalism and super nice guy. Good luck on the venture.
                    Quoted for absolute truth. ^^

Comment

good luck doug!

Comment

crash during practice

Comment

Originally posted by andysapp View Post
                          Quoted for absolute truth. ^^
                          Andy..WTF??? Skateboarding accident? I just heard about this.....get better man.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                            crash during practice
                            It can't be... it just can't be.

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth View Post
                            Andy..WTF??? Skateboarding accident? I just heard about this.....get better man.
                            Thanks, killa. I managed to break my collarbone in 4 places, and punctured my lung. Had a 7" plate and 8 screws put in. My driving is done for the season... which unfortunately includes the Pro-Am finals in Laughlin. I'm definitely bummed out.

Comment

Working...
                            X