Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the help everyone.

Comment

No problem. I just find it a little humerous that it took 6 pages to come up with a 240. Kinda like going around the world to end up at the quickie mart a block down . I will now change the topic of this thread to "Support your local FD owner". There will be a jar at RP Performance in Manassas park for donations towards my new engine (she is over the hill as we speak). Any contributions would be just swell.

Comment

ya that is pretty true the 240 was said like at the very beginning
        and the like an fc some one said a fr to start on the back to the 240 again
        nissan own

Comment

off topic, im looking into getting an 86' s-12 with the fj20de, notchback. any advice on to which engine is better to swap? the sr20det or the ca18det? i mean both will fit, even though the cars come with a ca18det, although it might be harder to find one, but what would you guys think is better?

Comment

for real. chicks do look good in miatas. small and quick

Comment

Originally posted by ineedabettercar View Post
              off topic, im looking into getting an 86' s-12 with the fj20de, notchback. any advice on to which engine is better to swap? the sr20det or the ca18det? i mean both will fit, even though the cars come with a ca18det, although it might be harder to find one, but what would you guys think is better?
              Uhm ka24de sounds nice. you may not agree with me along with other people, but people come on. sr20's and ca18's are overdone. You know when people get an s12 or s13 and higher an sr20 is going in. It's not unique anymore. If you read modified mag, there was a guy with a clean s14 who swapped in VQ35. now that's unique, how often do you see those around?

Comment

well i was thinking about the vg39, but the 87-88 s12 came with that engine, and a ka24 is underpowered and too heavy. and i was wrong in saying it had the fj20de, its got the ca20e (single over head cam 2.0 underpowered 105hp POS) id like to get an fj20et, but im not going to japan anytime soon to dig through junkyards.

Comment

also im not looking to be unique with my motor, im just looking for power. if i were looking for unique, i put the VK50VE in there, but i doubt it would fit, plus im looking at keeping gas milage.

Comment

dude just shut up

Go to www.club-s12.org and ask these stupid questions

I don't know how you Mix up a CA20E and an FJ20E, and there is no such thing as a VG39 and it didnt come in the S12

there are only 3 engines the S12 came with in the us, CA20E, CA18ET, VG30E

Ive had one of each car, and have also driven an S12 with a KA24DE

Comment

Originally posted by Piner View Post
                      dude just shut up

Go to www.club-s12.org and ask these stupid questions

I don't know how you Mix up a CA20E and an FJ20E, and there is no such thing as a VG39 and it didnt come in the S12

there are only 3 engines the S12 came with in the us, CA20E, CA18ET, VG30E

Ive had one of each car, and have also driven an S12 with a KA24DE
                      i ment vg30, and i did so because i forgot the fj20 is japan only, and im a member of club-s12, and now one uses that sit anymore.

so what do you think mr. 3 200sx owner?

sr20det or ca18det

Comment

i ment vg30, and i did so because i forgot the fj20 is japan only, and im a member of club-s12, and now one uses that sit anymore.

sr20det or ca18det
                        I think you should pipe down, get an s13 and start your own thread about this at club s12.

Comment

sr20det or ca18det
                          I am Paul on club s12 and I would prefer a CA18DET myself but really is a personal choice.

Comment

How did this get so off-topic?

Comment

Hello, as I guess this topic is over but I have to say something, I'm not a pro and not even close I'm just starting to get into the drifting, but I'm already driving about 4 years, so maybe what I'm gonna say is just a crap and won't make any seance for most of you.

Of course most of us wanna drive a nice looking car with great power and performance but for a young driver with almost no driving experience such thing would be a bad choice, why? as 1st car and it doesn't really matter how much money you got there even if you can afford the Mercedes SLR don't go for it your first should be a low horse power car so u can learn to drive first (I see some people can drive straight even though they are driving for a long period of time) and that way you gonna feel your engine better. if you don't it will shut down. driving expensive cars everyone can.
                              so my opinion when you picking a 1st car.
                              Manual! - only that way you can learn to drive
                              RWD - If you planning to drift anytime
                              A Cheap one
                              and at least something like 1.5 even more regular road experience
                              only after that you can like driving or not. if you like it and still wanna learn drifting go for it... and don't forget to read books after all if you wanna understand it you won't do it as good as you could

Comment

Holy ressurected threads. Back from the 04 days.

Comment

Working...
                                X