• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Yes.
    2. Maby.
    3. Probably.
    4. No time for that.

Bottom of the line, with the state of the economy, has this economy affected you in spending money on your car?

Not really. I'm pretty stable. I invest smart and have play money.

Common questions:

Are you still spending money on parts to make your drift car faster or better?

I guess. But I care more about crashing into trees and less about drift. My street car is fast enough now.

Are you still aiming to participate at any Drift Events (Drift days, PROAM, or PRO)?

Yes, locally.

Do you intend to go to multiple drift events in 2009?

Yes, locally.

Do you plan on taking your family at any Drift Events?

They show up to anything local I tell them about. They are awesome.

Do you even care about the state of the economy?

Yes, don't be chickenshit, these are the times billionaires are made.

Are you, as fan of Drifting, still have a job and are spending money on your car?

Yes.

Why are you still spending money on your drift car or going to events?

Because *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* you. That's why.

Is there anything financially keeping you from spending money on your drift car or attending the events?

NO, New Mexico has always been poor, we know how to do much more with much less.

Let's try to not get controversial and get into any arguments. This is strictly informative and everyone will be just telling their side of the story.
    Chime in with your particular case on how you feel about your money and participating one way or another in Drifting.

I'd rather throw cars into trees. But drifting is fun.

I heard Obama is going to take your guns away and give them to poor african children. You should be worried about that.
    Last edited by BenR; 12-06-2008, 01:09 AM. Reason: *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*you that's why

Comment

I'm just having trouble with making it to events. Becuase, simply, there arent any events in the northeast! Damnit!
      - Rich

Shadow Arts Tuning

Comment

Drifting is way more affordable in China! If you think Chinese parts are cheap in the USA then you should see them in China!

I have a job, spend money and still have a few drift cars.1 with me in Shanghai and 1 sitting in a warehouse in the USA.

I don't like throwing my car at trees . I would rather smoke some trees and let the car take a break.

Saving money is for the birds... who wants to die with a lot of money in the bank? NOT ME!!!

I'd rather spend it on the three kings!
        Drin-king
        smo-king
        fuc-king

Comment

Hasn't slowed me down too much. I still trade very smartly. Why buy something when you can trade someone else out of theirs?

Other than that, the economy is killing all sorts of motorsports. Ask Doug V-Brink. He'll tell you about all the out of work race car guys in NC. Times are tough so the hobbys take the hit first.

As for participating in any events this year, doubt it. But who knows. If obama sends me a check for $100,000 which Bush failed to do, i'll hit every damm one of them with Godly Chucck Taylors spray painted gold on and doing the moonwalk wherever I go in the pits. but until that day, i'm settling in for a bit of a depression and getting ready to pounce on good deals and make doooooollars.

Why is this a topic on this forums.....um.....because the Nazis lost WWII and we can make topics bout whatever we be feeling like here in America pardner.

Yea.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth View Post

Times are tough so the hobbys take the hit first.
            I disagree, most of my customers will resort to eating ramen for months instead of not spending money on things that make them happy. Same goes if you own a bar, economy is in the dumper? Drinking goes up because it makes people happy.

Comment

Originally posted by a2low240 View Post
              I disagree, most of my customers will resort to eating ramen for months instead of not spending money on things that make them happy. Same goes if you own a bar, economy is in the dumper? Drinking goes up because it makes people happy.
              I 100% agree with this. Hell, I've put more than $600 into my car in the last few months. Why? because i'd rather put my money into my car than into something that won't help me in the long run or at the very least make me happy.

Comment

victor, don't refer job hunters to sites that you use to pick up fat transvestite hookers. ha! sorry, just couldn't resist this one.

thuy

Originally posted by courantcom View Post

Comment

Working...
                X