No announcement yet.

(CANCELLED) 2010 D1 USA GRAND PRIX Event Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 D1 Vegas had quite a few US drivers such as Foust JR and Fors (no conflicting schedual)

2007 D1 vegas was on the same weekend as seattle (conflicting schedule) and saw drivers like JTP, Fixmer, and Russakoff and they are not slouches

2007 D1 NJ the whole Falken team showed up

2004 – Feb race is Japanese points race (before FD starts inaugural season), Dec race is exhibition @ JGTC race – boring track, decent crowd (due largely to the JGTC race not D1). nothing exciting.
    Maybe that was from your point of view, that was like my 4th drift event ever, it was cold and windy and the last thing that happened that whole 2 days race weekend. If people didn't like it they could have packed it in but they stayed. That was the first time a American driver beat a Japanese (Fors and Rhys), so in its own right it was pretty iconic. And if I'm not mistaken the whole event was like 5 hours long, from top 32 to the finals. Ahead of its time.

Originally posted by OldSkool510 View Post

btw I liked Blaze much more before he went "HOLLYWOOD" on us and exposed himself to the world. Now he schmoozing and wining and dining with the big boys. Maybe he will be the next "boy toy" of the Drift Avengers. lol Big props to Blaze1.

LMAO

Ha nothing much has changed, just watching what I say a little bit more and trying not to come off like a 16 year boy even though I've been on this forum for that long lol.

This is D1GPs last shot for me, if they cant get this done they have lost a loyal fan for ever.

GAME OVER
    Last edited by Bebop; 06-11-2010, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSkool510 View Post
      Just wondering......Will Blaze and Slapshot be at D1's event?
      If there's an event in LA, and I have a client who needs my work,I will go. I was supposedly "blackballed" from D1 in '07, but I've been to every event in LA since.

Comment

FD makes a similar claim about sonoma from time to time.

Comment

Quote from speedhunters

Captain Insano said:

What a joke. These guys released a schedule and don't even have their dates booked. I called Irwindale Speedway and they have no date booked for them. Same *** different people. How could another group get suckered by D1? Fail

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
            FD makes a similar claim about sonoma from time to time.
            Claiming 100 mph speeds at a track once a year where more than 1 driver DOES actually hit 100 mph isn't smoke and mirrors.

let's look at D1's claim again:

D1 Grand Prix eventSSSSSS (plural) are held as adrenaline packed, tire smoked filled weekendSSSSSS (plural) with wheel to wheel, head-to-head matchEEESSSSS (matches is plural and head-to-head implies both cars are at the claimed speeds) between drivers drifting inches apart at speeds in excess of 120mph (plural).

All I ask is when this has ever been the case, especially in the US.

Comment

The Vegas event they had a alot of drivers entering at 100+mph.

I don't like the claim for both companies in general. Especially at sonoma when the course goes from 100 to 30mph in seconds. But I guess its just marketing.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SSmith View Post
                All the D1 haters just chill a bit.. let it all play out. After all it's a free market, let D1 do what they want. If they deliver, that's good, fans have another option to entertain themselves. If they don't, fans still have another option to watch drifting.
                FD fan boys are like Apple telling Android what they can or can't do with their phones. Just look how scared Apple is toward the competition when HTC release the Android phones. Let the market decide which series is better and let each series strive to be better than the other so it'll be good for the fans who pay to go see these events.
                That analogy is just ridiculous. The market did decide and iPhones out number Android phones 3 to one, in the US. Android is an operating system that has many competing device manufacturers while Apple makes it's own OS and devices. If you compare all apple iOS devices (iPod touch, iPhone, iPad), the apps available and the number of users and developers world wide, the comparison with Google Android is a joke.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-20006889-37.html

I do like the kickstand on the Evo 4G though. I suppose it makes for easy wan@#$g

Back to the subject. I'm with Slapshotnerd, @#$@ D1.
                Last edited by my 1 88 u; 06-12-2010, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Lies, Lies, Lies, LIES!!!!!

D1 rep, come on here and lets talk... whats up with this?

Comment

OPEN D1GP RESPONSE TO Blaze1 6/12 Thread

First – thank you for your posting. Let me address your statements and concerns as best I can.

As you have pointed out – this is 2010 – another new year and season of racing is underway...and this means that D1 will have an even harder time of correcting the mistakes of the past – but please know that this is goal 1. We understand people’s skepticism and acknowledge that only time and actions will prove 2010 to be what everyone wants to see from D1.

Let me further address some of your comments more specifically.

“Tantrums and Trophy Trashing”.
                    I don’t want to dismiss this as overstated – but simply put.... drivers on both shores are comprised of talent that are for the most part well intentioned – but often misguided in their actions or words. The drift organizations in both the US and Japan should not be condemned for a single driver’s actions.

“Late Season”
                    I appreciate your willingness to accept a late season and late season notice and acknowledge that there are others who may not. To put this into perspective – the new D1 partnership wanted to act conservatively this year given the ‘empty promises’ of the past. As you will note – a televised D1 show was promised last year and then never delivered on. This promise came directly from the organizer and as honest as he was in his desire to deliver on that promise – it does take considerable efforts to put together a lucrative television deal – and this did not manifest for him, and as you have pointed out – there should have been no blowing smoke about it until it was real. That is not the case this year. As you will note from the press release – the new D1 organization is being headed by leaders in the television industry (an important difference between this and any other year)...Bob Cook is the former president of 20 Century Fox and Sam Johnson is a 20 year veteran in television marketing. They simply wanted to have every i dotted and t crossed before announcing anything. Simply put – they wanted it to be ‘real’...no more promises. Ink needed to be on the paper before they would move forward with any announcement because they were determined to not do what had been done previously. That is now the case. Speed has made a very serious commitment to D1 as they are also interested in growing the next generation of top motor sport. Also of important note – D1 Worldwide Entertainment is not only bringing the US held events to Speed – but televising the entire season of D1 as it unfolds in Japan as well. This is a first.

“Drivers for D1 2010”
                    Yes the race season is half over – and this alone will assist in making available many of the top drivers as most D1 events will happen after their other commitments finish. Other important considerations that will be weighed up by drivers (in particular those who have sponsors) is that this series is televised. A full hour long 15 part series that will not only cover the races – but will feature drivers, their shops, their sponsors and more. This value will not be ignored by drivers as sponsors will want to be part of that massive exposure. Another important difference will be the purse – this will be considerably more than we have ever seen in the sport. Again – a new effort to help elevate this to the professional level that other motor sports enjoy.

“Judging and Announcing”
                    We share your concerns about ‘quality judging’ and appreciate your suggestions – we are considering these as well as other options and will make an announcement as early as we possibly can.

“Image”
                    You make some very good points with regard to D1 and its main US competitor. We have a ton of respect for what they have done for the sport and their series in particular. But rather than focus on how D1 will position themselves in the drift community here in the US – we will focus solely on bringing D1 as it exists in Japan to US events and to the American television audience. D1 will succeed and survive as they have for over a decade by developing a US counterpart that is on par with the Japanese. This is not going to happen quickly – but it will be the objective and it will be both competitive and entertaining. That is all we can do.

“Television”
                    Your comments are likely shared by others – but that does not make them true. In fact – the American partners in D1 Worldwide Entertainment are comprised of television executives with decades of experience within that industry and their efforts will be to put together an entertaining product that will appeal to both long time fans, avid enthusiasts, as well as to develop a whole new audience.

Comment

3 questions:

1 - who are you?
                      2 - how is this regime any different than the broken promises we've gotten over the past 3 years?
                      3 - is my open letter to D1 worthy of a response?

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                        3 questions:

1 - who are you?
                        2 - how is this regime any different than the broken promises we've gotten over the past 3 years?
                        3 - is my open letter to D1 worthy of a response?
                        Poor, Jacob, not a rockstar in the eyes of D1 like Blaze is. (I kid, I kid!)

But in all seriousness, I have the same questions and would like to bring up a few more.

1. What is your response to Wrecked Magazine's blog post about your information packet?

2. Who created that packet and where did they get their information?

3. Why was the packet approved if there was serious misinformation listed?

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                          Quote from speedhunters

Captain Insano said:
                          Same story at AMS apparently.

"No deal has been signed with AMS or TMS.

Ted Austad
                          AMS Events"

Comment

I did the same thing, called venues as "a publicist for a drifting magazine" and got no D1gp on schedule. One person didn't know what D1gp was.

To the D1gp rep

Thanks for the response, but there are more questions that need to be answered.

We have a ton of respect for what they have done for the sport and their series in particular.
                            Showing respect by giving sponsors false information (complete lies) about your competitor? Srsly?
                            Last edited by Bebop; 06-14-2010, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Suggestion for D1 haters...DON'T COME TO THE EVENT!!....
                              If you hate D1 so much, bashing them will do you no good, just don't show up to any of the events or buy any of the merchandise, save some bucks.. instead of just bashing D1 with no ends in sight. Grow up for a change....
                              If D1 delivers as advertised, all power to them...hopefully, FD will step up their game and thus fans will be benefited from both leagues putting on the best show.

Best of luck to D1, hopefully it is a change for the better

Comment

Well I couldn't even go to one of their events if I wanted to so im not really loosing out

Comment

Working...
                                X