Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (10 FREE TICKETS) FORMULA DRIFT Long Beach, CA - April 8-9 2011

(10 FREE TICKETS) FORMULA DRIFT Long Beach, CA - April 8-9 2011

Please tell us why you deserve a free ticket.
    Example; Why do you want to go? What are you looking forward to?

Old Ticket Contest Thread for reference;
    http://www.drifting.com/forums/gener...th-2009-a.html

Drifting is ma life!! haha try to go to formula d and other events as much as i can love the thrill the cars the girls ! looking forward to see the new cars of 2011 and picking up some new shirts for drifting.com tent this would be an awsome start for the new year!!

Comment

Drifting and why it is my passion...

I spent my life growing up overseas. I spent most of my life in Japan on the island of Okinawa. The first night I went out to see what drifting was, I felt that now my life was complete! It was a loading dock in one of the downtown harbors (whose name I am not at liberty to say due to the fact that this spot is still illegal and active). My buddy had an R32 GTE which he had dropped a tuned RB20DET into. We parked alongside the gate to this particular dock for a quick getaway when the cops showed up. Immediately I could hear the screaming of the tires and the roar of the engines as we approached the hidden area. We walked through what seemed like a maze of shipping containers until it opened up to a large open area filled with smoke from the tires. I was immediately bombarded with a fragrance that I was unfamiliar with. It filled my head with images of what heaven must be like everytime I took a breath. I turned to my friend and asked, "What is this scent? I must know and I don't feel I can ever live without it again!" He replied, "That my friend, is the smell of tires. The smell of control in the face of no control." At that moment I heard the scream of tires heading our direction. I looked and saw a Hatchi Roku in full wheel lock with its drivers door facing us. I watched as it glided around the shipping palettes that were stacked to represent clipping points. As the back end rotated towards me I heard screams from behind and the sounds of people running. I stood my ground not in fear, but in awe of what was happening in front of me. As the car got closer I could see the drivers face in his mirror. His eyes were locked on my face as he got closer and closer. At what seemed to be the last minute before he impacted my body he smiled. The engine reved as he down shifted. The tires screamed louder as his rear bumper passed less than a foot from where I stood. He continued on his run, leaving me in a cloud of that heavenly fragrance that was so thick I couldn't see my hand in my face. My friend came running to my side laughing. "Are you okay?!" He asked with a laugh as he shook me out of my standing dream state. I regained my composer and asked, "What was that?" He smiled and slapped a hand on my shoulder and simply replied, "That was drifting." Since that night I have dedicated myself to learning all aspects of driving from tire and suspension dynamics to power and weight distribution. I would spend everynight from sun down to sun up practicing and watching when I couldn't practice. That was 9 years ago. For reasons beyond my control I have never been able to attend a professional drift event. I now reside in a part of Arizona where spinning doughnuts in an iced over parking lot is considered drifting. I long for the opportunity to experience that moment of exhilaration when the engine roars and the tires break loose and begin to sing the last song that tread will ever sing. This, my friends, is why I feel I should receive a ticket to the event in Long Beach. Thank you.

Comment

Woooo I wanna go. Been going to long beach sive it started there. This year i wanna take my girlfriend and just have a good time watching the pros go at it ima be cheering on fredric "magic shoes" aasbo for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeD View Post
          I spent my life growing up overseas. I spent most of my life in Japan on the island of Okinawa. The first night I went out to see what drifting was, I felt that now my life was complete! It was a loading dock in one of the downtown harbors (whose name I am not at liberty to say due to the fact that this spot is still illegal and active). My buddy had an R32 GTE which he had dropped a tuned RB20DET into. We parked alongside the gate to this particular dock for a quick getaway when the cops showed up. Immediately I could hear the screaming of the tires and the roar of the engines as we approached the hidden area. We walked through what seemed like a maze of shipping containers until it opened up to a large open area filled with smoke from the tires. I was immediately bombarded with a fragrance that I was unfamiliar with. It filled my head with images of what heaven must be like everytime I took a breath. I turned to my friend and asked, "What is this scent? I must know and I don't feel I can ever live without it again!" He replied, "That my friend, is the smell of tires. The smell of control in the face of no control." At that moment I heard the scream of tires heading our direction. I looked and saw a Hatchi Roku in full wheel lock with its drivers door facing us. I watched as it glided around the shipping palettes that were stacked to represent clipping points. As the back end rotated towards me I heard screams from behind and the sounds of people running. I stood my ground not in fear, but in awe of what was happening in front of me. As the car got closer I could see the drivers face in his mirror. His eyes were locked on my face as he got closer and closer. At what seemed to be the last minute before he impacted my body he smiled. The engine reved as he down shifted. The tires screamed louder as his rear bumper passed less than a foot from where I stood. He continued on his run, leaving me in a cloud of that heavenly fragrance that was so thick I couldn't see my hand in my face. My friend came running to my side laughing. "Are you okay?!" He asked with a laugh as he shook me out of my standing dream state. I regained my composer and asked, "What was that?" He smiled and slapped a hand on my shoulder and simply replied, "That was drifting." Since that night I have dedicated myself to learning all aspects of driving from tire and suspension dynamics to power and weight distribution. I would spend everynight from sun down to sun up practicing and watching when I couldn't practice. That was 9 years ago. For reasons beyond my control I have never been able to attend a professional drift event. I now reside in a part of Arizona where spinning doughnuts in an iced over parking lot is considered drifting. I long for the opportunity to experience that moment of exhilaration when the engine roars and the tires break loose and begin to sing the last song that tread will ever sing. This, my friends, is why I feel I should receive a ticket to the event in Long Beach. Thank you.
          Please PM your full name
          The PM Subject should be ""FORMULA DRIFT LONG BEACH Tickets""

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by 86style View Post
            Drifting is ma life!! haha try to go to formula d and other events as much as i can love the thrill the cars the girls ! looking forward to see the new cars of 2011 and picking up some new shirts for drifting.com tent this would be an awsome start for the new year!!
            please post a more complete response
            thank you

Comment

Originally posted by ruddyrid View Post
              Woooo I wanna go. Been going to long beach sive it started there. This year i wanna take my girlfriend and just have a good time watching the pros go at it ima be cheering on fredric "magic shoes" aasbo for sure.

please post a more complete response
              thank you

Comment

Im 15, and i live in a place called B.C. located in Canada, i am on Vancouver island and there is almost zero import scene, the closest i get is ready super street, or reading the cool stuff that gets posted on here, my dream is to one day compete in Formula D, and have my own racing shop building the legendary cars i only get to read about, the best car around here is a s13 hatch,that has rim's and has been repainted, despites these things, i read everything about imports i can find,history,tech articles on everything from suspension setups to complete over hauls and motor swaps. I deffinatly am looking forward (if i go) to experiencing my first drift event,and not just watching it on youtube,hopefulyl get a auto-graph or two, and watch legit drifting... not just people hitting black ice.... and personally, no-one really seems to think cars are a good future, i think doing what you love is even better then what makes you rich and famous. I would absolutely love to have a chance to go with my step-dad to a Formula D event, cause for all i know until i make it there, which could quite possibly a couple years, i wont get to go to one, did i also say i haven't ever been out of the country ? I want to show my step-dad what really drives me to be so dedicated to cars, and what makes me ask him questions or talk about them every single day ( i literally do,drives my parents nuts) , my step-dad used to be heavily into cars but gave it up, he thinks its a waste of time, i, want to prove him wrong, and show him why i have such a passion for cars, so, its up to you guys now, i never win these things,but, you lose 100% of the chances you dont take,right ?
                thanks for taking the time to read my post guys =)

Comment

Originally posted by Drifter2Be View Post
                  Im 15, and i live in a place called B.C. located in Canada, i am on Vancouver island and there is almost zero import scene, the closest i get is ready super street, or reading the cool stuff that gets posted on here, my dream is to one day compete in Formula D, and have my own racing shop building the legendary cars i only get to read about, the best car around here is a s13 hatch,that has rim's and has been repainted, despites these things, i read everything about imports i can find,history,tech articles on everything from suspension setups to complete over hauls and motor swaps. I deffinatly am looking forward (if i go) to experiencing my first drift event,and not just watching it on youtube,hopefulyl get a auto-graph or two, and watch legit drifting... not just people hitting black ice.... and personally, no-one really seems to think cars are a good future, i think doing what you love is even better then what makes you rich and famous. I would absolutely love to have a chance to go with my step-dad to a Formula D event, cause for all i know until i make it there, which could quite possibly a couple years, i wont get to go to one, did i also say i haven't ever been out of the country ? I want to show my step-dad what really drives me to be so dedicated to cars, and what makes me ask him questions or talk about them every single day ( i literally do,drives my parents nuts) , my step-dad used to be heavily into cars but gave it up, he thinks its a waste of time, i, want to prove him wrong, and show him why i have such a passion for cars, so, its up to you guys now, i never win these things,but, you lose 100% of the chances you dont take,right ?
                  thanks for taking the time to read my post guys =)
                  Please PM your full name
                  The PM Subject should be "FORMULA DRIFT LONG BEACH Tickets"

Thank you

Comment

I'd love to go, but can't afford it. Finishing up highschool and going to college. Applying everywhere to get a job so I can fund my interest in motorsports. Been into cars my whole life. I save every dollar I got just so I can drive. I've seen drift videos, (Formula D, D1GP), but haven't had the opportunity to see them in action in real life. Almost anything car related for me is interesting. Heck even Nascar is interesting if you understand what the drivers are doing to race. If I went I would definitely talk to as many drivers as possible. I'd like to find out more about how people got started that way I could start getting more involved in the sport of drifting in the future. Right now there isn't much opportunity for me to drift (legally, b/c I don't have any cash to pay fines/tickets) since my car isn't rwd and I lack money. Some people say I have an unhealthy obsession with car. I think that's impossible. I'll go into book stores so I can read the car mags each month. In my spare time I go driving around the dealerships looking at cars. Me and my friend have been fixing up an 86.5 supra and hope to drive it in the future, but its been a long time fixing it up. We've had to fix a lot of things when the engine bay caught fire from the previous owner. Its running now and will hopefully pass the evil California smog this week. So overall I would like to go to the formula D event because its a mecca of automotive things that all interest me. Fast cars, aftermarket stuff, hot chicks (can't leave them unmentioned). I would look forward to the drifting(obviously), but finding other people who are car nuts like me would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by ApexPredator View Post
                      I'd love to go, but can't afford it. Finishing up highschool and going to college. Applying everywhere to get a job so I can fund my interest in motorsports. Been into cars my whole life. I save every dollar I got just so I can drive. I've seen drift videos, (Formula D, D1GP), but haven't had the opportunity to see them in action in real life. Almost anything car related for me is interesting. Heck even Nascar is interesting if you understand what the drivers are doing to race. If I went I would definitely talk to as many drivers as possible. I'd like to find out more about how people got started that way I could start getting more involved in the sport of drifting in the future. Right now there isn't much opportunity for me to drift (legally, b/c I don't have any cash to pay fines/tickets) since my car isn't rwd and I lack money. Some people say I have an unhealthy obsession with car. I think that's impossible. I'll go into book stores so I can read the car mags each month. In my spare time I go driving around the dealerships looking at cars. Me and my friend have been fixing up an 86.5 supra and hope to drive it in the future, but its been a long time fixing it up. We've had to fix a lot of things when the engine bay caught fire from the previous owner. Its running now and will hopefully pass the evil California smog this week. So overall I would like to go to the formula D event because its a mecca of automotive things that all interest me. Fast cars, aftermarket stuff, hot chicks (can't leave them unmentioned). I would look forward to the drifting(obviously), but finding other people who are car nuts like me would be awesome.
                      Please PM your full name
                      The PM Subject should be "FORMULA DRIFT LONG BEACH Tickets"

Thank you

Comment

So i go to every drift event that i can. Unfortunatly i have missed every FD Long Beach event. My lady always seems to set up some "event" that i just have to attend. she has the nani, she always gets her way.... EXCEPT this time! Because we're breaking up and she's moving out! Thank you drifing.com to helping me find the positive in this. If i win free tickets I promise to be the creapy dude who stares and takes pictures of all the females that are wayyyyy out of my league.

Comment

Love FD Long Beach it's a great way to start of the year. You get to see all the new cars they bring in before the unwanted wrecks that happen towards the end of the year.

I like the high speed sharp 90 degree entrance corner followed by the next clipping point where the drivers really get there back bumper nearly centimeters away from the wall:

Long Beach has a wonderful scenario and vibe of the track since it's outdoors and has the view of all the hotels in the background.

What makes this course special to me is that it's "obviously" in the streets and not in circuit. Another thing is that your more in contact with the track and you get to actually feel the cars pass in front of you.

I would really appreciate a pair of tickets for this event.

Comment

only 110 Days left and these tickets will go FAST!

Comment

Hook me up with tickets!!!! I need this in my life right now. I have not been to a car event since the John Force christmas car show and that stopped due to the rain. I need my fix of some bad a$$ tandem battles. I wanted to see some sick driving in the streets of LB! I am tired of seeing Tanner F. on top gear I wanna see him go head to head with some of the greats like Vaughn or Pawlak. I miss the crowd yelling one more time and j-rods commentary. Help me go to FD LB!

Comment

Working...
                              X