X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAIGO SAITO vs MATT FIELD (VIDEO) FORMULA DRIFT Irwindale 2012

DAIGO SAITO vs MATT FIELD (VIDEO) FORMULA DRIFT Irwindale 2012

START TIME: 7:10:00

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="550" width="700" id="clip_embed_player_flash" data="http://www-cdn.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf" bgcolor="#000000"><param name="movie" value="http://www-cdn.justin.tv/widgets/archive_embed_player.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="auto_play=false&start_volume=25&title=Title &channel=driftstream&archive_id=335508359" /></object><br /><a href="http://www.justin.tv/driftstream#r=-rid-&amp;s=em" class="trk" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width: 320px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from driftstream on Justin.tv</a>

START TIME: 7:10:00

actually starts at 7:10:00, then omt is 7:22:30

Comment

At 7:12.30 when Matt touched the wall - he got penalized for that, didn't he? Because the fact that he never lost his line or his angle or his proximity to Saito was AWESOME. That's exactly the type of thing I love to witness. Only the lead car should get penalized for wall tapping or wheel dipping. I like Saito but both his runs were garbage. The OMT never should have happened, that was Matt's win.

Comment

If there was no wall then 2 tires would have gone off. You see a tap and think its awesome but I see a lapse in car control. Obviously the judges saw a flaw in the run as well.

Comment

What if the wall tap was on purpose?

That would be skill which should be rewarded. Field did it time and time again. If it was easy everyone would do it.

As a driver you approach the turn with a much different mentality if you know you can scrape the wall opposed to running off track

Matt Field should have won

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
            If there was no wall then 2 tires would have gone off. You see a tap and think its awesome but I see a lapse in car control. Obviously the judges saw a flaw in the run as well.
            Because I'm sure you've been going 70mph in a cloud of smoke before. It wasn't a lack of skill that made him hit the wall, it was a lack of vision. It was his pure skill that allowed him to keep going when most people would have bounced off and spun out.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
              Because I'm sure you've been going 70mph in a cloud of smoke before. It wasn't a lack of skill that made him hit the wall, it was a lack of vision. It was his pure skill that allowed him to keep going when most people would have bounced off and spun out.
              Not a lack of skill. Matt Fields is a damn good drifter. I called it a lapse of car control that cost him a score.

Comment

I think you're wrong and I think the judges are wrong. All that matters to me is I am now a Matt Field fan. He's proved himself to be that d@mn good that I think Saito shouldn't have won.

*edit* And can I get some clarification over his name? Is it Field or Fields? I keep hearing two different things.
                Last edited by Cavi Mike; 10-18-2012, 02:36 PM.

Comment

you have to remember the point of view is different from the stands and where the judges sit. Everytime matt came off the wall there was a twitch, resulting from the contact with the wall. If you want to see some gangster runs of wall riding without correction look at JTP's runs.... all of them except for the last run against daigo. I really thought JTP was going to win this event. His practice runs and tandem were on point.

Comment

ok so matt also got on the wall during his lead runs, so you cant say lack of vision caused it.

comparing a wall ride of jtp isnt quite the same.... have you ever paid attention to how much FLEX is in those high quality body kits? they FOLD in like 8 inches and pop back with no disruption.... I doubt Field is running the same stuff (I assume his Fiberglass) and it will disrupt you a little little bit.

but seriously, people FLIP OUT over wall taps (shows aggression, balls, and madness) jsut the same as they do for getting on someones door. why is it ok to be shallow angle/offline to be close to someones door but little wiggle from tapping a wall a little not good? only one time was his wiggle a little too much, but it still was pretty gnarly skill!

and to answer your question, its "Field", no s

Comment

Speaking of wiggle, how 'bout Daigo's at the start of his first chase run.....and that wasn't because of a wall tap...that was an egregious mistake

while I think Field should have won this tandem, Saito is still the best driver in the world

Comment

It was close but Daigo won. If I saw it right, Matt corrected after he tapped the wall
                        Last edited by SSmith; 10-19-2012, 04:16 PM.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=FJ5nwVHTrAM#!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FJ5nwVHTrAM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Start at 3:33

Comment

Yep.. Field corrected himself both times he tapped the wall.
                            It was close, but Saito won IMO

Comment

Originally posted by SSmith View Post
                              Yep.. Field corrected himself both times he tapped the wall.
                              It was close, but Saito won IMO
                              That is what I saw.

Comment

Working...
                              X