ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(ANTI-LAG TO SIMULATE V8 TORQUE/RESPONSE) FORMULA DRIFT 4 & 6 Cylinder Engine Trend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (ANTI-LAG TO SIMULATE V8 TORQUE/RESPONSE) FORMULA DRIFT 4 & 6 Cylinder Engine Trend?

(ANTI-LAG TO SIMULATE V8 TORQUE/RESPONSE) FORMULA DRIFT 4 & 6 Cylinder Engine Trend?
    Ex. KEN GUSHI'S FR-S
    Post your feedback?

It's nothing new. Verdier's Subaru had it as well, it has just become more refined. Ironically, both Verdier's Subaru and Gushi's FR-S use the same EJ257 motor

Comment

NOt familular with this system? HOw does it work?

Comment

Originally posted by 5150 Cruiser View Post
        NOt familular with this system? HOw does it work?
        depends on the system. a crude one will through fuel down bores , *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored* timing and cut ignition to make a bang in the turbo when the exhuast valve is open to keep the turbo spinning

on a proper system there is either a fifth injector or spark plug after the engine and before the turbo mounted on the manifold which either sparks or injects fuel straight into the hot turbo , it explodes and the turbo keeps spinning keeping boost up

basically it keeps the turbo on boost using extra fuel and sometimes a spark when off throttle so you have instant boost when you go back on throttle

Comment

Brewed Motorsports has a similar idea they use called Secondary Air Control.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=1&theater

Eric is a trusted friend, and he knows what he is doing. If you want to know more, please visit his website.

http://www.brewedmotorsports.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/BrewedMotorsports
          Last edited by Lifer; 07-02-2012, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Cosworth and Greddy created this Anti-Lag setup. They will provide more information for this thread.

Comment

There are a ton of great anti lag options available and thanks to many different racing series endless amounts of money has been spent perfecting these systems.

I have personally been using different ALS on my personal cars for many years and have recently started to get requests from customers. As we all know knowledge is power so i put some useful info all in one place.

If you find this interesting or useful please share: http://brewed-motorsports.blogspot.c...m-aka-als.html

***sorry this is my first post guys, randomly stumbled upon this thread on a google search, i'll introduce myself in the proper section!***

Comment

Originally posted by tunermt View Post
                There are a ton of great anti lag options available and thanks to many different racing series endless amounts of money has been spent perfecting these systems.

I have personally been using different ALS on my personal cars for many years and have recently started to get requests from customers. As we all know knowledge is power so i put some useful info all in one place.

If you find this interesting or useful please share: http://brewed-motorsports.blogspot.c...m-aka-als.html

***sorry this is my first post guys, randomly stumbled upon this thread on a google search, i'll introduce myself in the proper section!***
                Thanks for sharing your link

Comment

I'm assuming there is not a one size fits version of one of these kits?

Comment

Originally posted by INFO View Post
                    Cosworth and Greddy created this Anti-Lag setup. They will provide more information for this thread.
                    ready when you are

Comment

This might be a dumb question to ask, but has anyone looked into the use of a quick spool valve? I know anti lag can place stress on engine components, and I just thought of it the other day.

Comment

Happy to do so, please feel free to share anywhere you like

Originally posted by Bebop View Post
                        That is pretty safe to say at this point, however it is not that hard to figure out what is needed for each application. Of course tuning will be a huge factor.

Originally posted by theSidesweep View Post
                        This might be a dumb question to ask, but has anyone looked into the use of a quick spool valve? I know anti lag can place stress on engine components, and I just thought of it the other day.
                        Yes very familiar with the quick spool valve unfortunately i've never got to use one on a personal car. Basically when used with an open manifold and twin scroll turbo it works by "closing off" one of the "scrolls" or ports in the turbine housing, in theory this cuts the AR of the housing in half. Smaller AR means more back pressure and quicker spool, once you reach the desired boost simply open valve to let exhaust flow through both "scrolls"

All the testing i've seen looks to show these are working decently on larger turbo supras i've seen them on. I have yet to see one used on a smaller turbo though
                        I would def be very interested to get my hands on a quick spool valve for some testing as well.

Comment

Happy to do so, please feel free to share anywhere you like

Originally posted by Bebop View Post
                          That is pretty safe to say at this point, however it is not that hard to figure out what is needed for each application. Of course tuning will be a huge factor.

Originally posted by theSidesweep View Post
                          Yes very familiar with the quick spool valve unfortunately i've never got to use one on a personal car. Basically when used with an open manifold and twin scroll turbo it works by "closing off" one of the "scrolls" or ports in the turbine housing, in theory this cuts the AR of the housing in half. Smaller AR means more back pressure and quicker spool, once you reach the desired boost simply open valve to let exhaust flow through both "scrolls"

All the testing i've seen looks to show these are working decently on larger turbo supras i've seen them on. I have yet to see one used on a smaller turbo though
                          I would def be very interested to get my hands on a quick spool valve for some testing as well.

Comment

some testing on my s13

Comment

Here is the secondary air injection Rally style Anti Lag set up i built for the KA-t while back in the states this winter. Car runs a V1 AEM, I'll also be sure to post up some video shortly.
                              Last edited by tunermt; 04-03-2013, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X