Where to drift..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to drift..

Hey I was wondering where you all do your drifting. Im pretty new to drifting and only for fun. At the moment im just enjoying sliding around on the dirt. Anyway my question is where do you do all your drifting other than on tracks? Ive been driving around looking for good places and ive only found 2 almost half decent places to drift around. Ive been yelled at for ripping up a car park and followed by the cops who happened to drive past just as i was sliding around a shed next to the road. SO basically im wondering how you get by and if you use some deserted old road or go out into the country or what. Just curious.

Re: Where to drift..

Originally posted by flamingheads
    ...and only for fun.
    Is there any other reason?

Basically, if you're going to street drift, you're going to get tickets. It comes with the territory. If you decide that you are going to street drift and understand that it is illegal, nobody here is going to be able to stop you and the most we can ask is to do it in places where:
    -There is nobody around (non-residential and at night)
    -You are not going to injure yourself if you loose control (not in between parked semi-trailers or on mountain roads)
    -You won't attract attention

If you're looking to improve your skills, I would suggest attending some autocross events and really knowing your car's capabilities and limits. Go to all the events that you can even if it is just to watch; you can really learn a lot from other drivers. Talk to them about where they practice and maybe you can hook something up that way.

BTW - nobody is going to say anything like "the empty Ikea parking lot on Grove street" or anything like that for a number of reasons.

Comment

I wrote a short poem about where i practice... when the track is unavilible.

Listen lets be frank most guys practice in the streets. iF your going to then you need to make bystander safety your highest priority

second is your own safety and third is not getting caught. If you have reason to believe theres a house or kids near by then dont drift there. Remember moutain roads may look secluded but people walk and jog up them all the time as well as ride bicycles, they deserve to enjoy our beautiful roads as much as drifters and casual drivers do, so be careful.

Comment

Im not talking about doing it in the middle of the city. I live in like a little country town in Australia so theres no official places for me to drift. Right now im having expeditions out into the country to find roads and stuff the would be good to drift. The only places ive found so far are like 4 lane dirt roads. My question was just do you do all your drifting on tracks or do you have other places you practice your drifting?

Comment

im new

im in LA , CA where would be a good spot to start?? no cops just somewhere to practice

Comment

Re: im new

Originally posted by s14jun
            im in LA , CA where would be a good spot to start?? no cops just somewhere to practice
            We dont discuss these things on the forum.

Comment

Re: im new

Originally posted by s14jun

Hit me up with a PM

Comment

yea a good place to start is at an open lot [of course flat] wether it b an abandoened parking lot or w/e but yea i practice on a parking lot. n just practice my technique. hope it helped

Comment

Working...
                X