No announcement yet.

Portland, OR Drifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nandio?!!!! No frame damage just a 90 degree bend in both the tie rod and the control arm and yeah since the stock parts are weak and made of soft steel they bend pretty easy as a safety precaution, so that an accident like that doesn't screw up the rest of the car. Good call Nissan Engineering!!!

Comment

• Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Cone,

Have you ever gone with the other drifter group, when the Skyline and the 240s roll? I know they used to go out alot, now that the drift shop is up and running, they are working overtime to get cars done.

Have you seen Tyler drift his Skyline yet, I hear he is mad drifter.

Im still trying to get $$ so I can finish the coupe. Its about to be moved inside and torn down. I still need a motor and tranny.

MOmo

Comment

• ...uhm....^^^^.....uhm.....

Comment

• ??????

Have you ever gone with the other drifter group, when the Skyline and the 240s roll? I know they used to go out alot, now that the drift shop is up and running, they are working overtime to get cars done.

What are you talking about? Did I miss something?
            Who has a skyline and where did it come from. WTF?

Please lemmie know.

Comment

• hey guys, im doing a project for school on drifting, I need to have a "drifter" interviewed by monday, anyone want to help me out? i see a couple people i know like cone

Comment

• Yeah he does it came from outer space from the aliens. They brought him a R32

Comment

• Originally posted by AE86_momo
                  Cone,

Im still trying to get $$ so I can finish the coupe. Its about to be moved inside and torn down. I still need a motor and tranny.

MOmo
                  We don't really hang out much, just randomly. Tyler is a really good drifter, he is the best drifter in Portland, and possibly Oregon. None of those guys really work at that shop. Kyle does sometimes I guess, but Tyler doesn't.

Comment

• Im somewhat torn, I used to love the idea of going drifting, but i think I have sorta outgrown it. I still want to build up my ae into a clean street car, but I would rather pick up a 2nd car for track purposes.

I haven't been out in a long time. I used to go out with them almost every weekend, before the drama and the "crew" disputes. not to mention the "garage" incident with a certain individual.

Whats new with you? hows the coupe? know where I can find a motor for my AE?

MOmo

Comment

• I'm getting a redtop bottom end on my car, the rings were shot and I started smoking a lot after I put a new rebuilt head on.

Gary is working on my car up in Seattle.

Companies sell engines for our cars all the time. Just look in the phone book. Usually they aren't going to have them in stock, but they can get them.

Comment

• My Engine Pics

Well Here are a few pics of my engine during rebuild. The image quality is OK. The instructor took these with his PDA camera.
                        This first pic is the old block during teardown/inspection. It was seized. The oil pressure regulator had been intermittently failing before I got the car. I knew it was gonna die...and it did. The yellow circles are around cyl 4 and the center main bearing.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Block painted

Here is Me on the left and my lab partner on the right. We just got the first coat of daytona yellow on it after priming. The teacher wanted to take this pic because the only color a toyota block should be is factory black or unpainted. He has named my engine "the lemon" and think he has cursed it. We like it although it cant be seen real well when in the car.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Engine assy

Here is me working late to finish the engine before the campus closed for christmas break. This engine was my christmas present to me. It was reinstalled and operational 2 days before christmas eve. Its got almost 400 miles on it so far. It still needs some work and tweaking but im doing it as i go along and can afford it. The new block is almost broke in, then it will be ready for mad drifting. The 5M-GE is and old engine and hard to get parts for but has great durability. I may step up to a 6M with custom ECU and supercharger but thats alot of money away
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Im waiting to clear some bills before I go for a motor. I talked to gary and if it wasn't so far and I could actually DRIVE thedamn thing, I would. Jesse offered to help once I get the parts. I did find a blue top from an old MR2 but it came in NON running. I might get it cheap, but it might take more for a rebuild rather than just buy a new one.

Know where I can find a trunk in good shape and a sed of 85 tails uncracked?

Momo

Comment

• Parts?

Originally posted by AE86_momo
                                Know where I can find a trunk in good shape and a sed of 85 tails uncracked.
                                Well I got some stuff for the supra from www.car-part.com its a national salvage database network. It found me parts for my supra up in the boonies of battleground. Theres also a toyota recycler yard in troutdale next to the troutdale airport on marine drive. Also engine rebuilders supply is next to that airport and I got alot of parts there. Good used block, crank, and rods, cam tower, and exhaust manifold all for $150!!!! They got trannys too!

The block and crank needed no machining and just needed to be cleaned and reassembled. The rods had to get new wrist pin bushings to fit the newer pistons but that only costed 40 bucks. The block was 70 to thermal clean, media blast, magnaflux, and bore and deck inspection. Lous machine shop is really good to us at the college. He has done great work for me over the years at great prices on more than 1 engine.

Good luck to ya....

Comment

Working...
                                X