DRIFT AVENGERS Promo Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CamelTouge View Post
    but if you are LOSING listeners from your show, because of False accusations, youd be singing a different tune.
    Honestly, I don't and can't know if I'm really gaining or losing listeners. That's the misconception about radio, you don't know. There is no true measurement except in sponsor/commercial money. If I was losing money, sure, but at the same time that people who say "I'm going to boycott that show's sponsors," how many really follow through?

Think about it, of all the times that Rush, Fox News, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NASCAR, and anything else that had a threat of a boycott of a sponsor that was really boycotted, we wouldn't have much on to watch or listen to.

Comment

Now I have not been present for any of these events (since I am driving for Toyo in China) but I have been following the whole situation rather closely and it has appeared to me that certain people made certain allegations that need to be apologized for weather or not they are true.
      I can say this much.... I am not an armchair drifter, nor am I pro D1 by any means, but the things said about D1 were pretty outlandish. I think that taking your ball and leaving is a pretty good sign of being in the wrong. It's a shame because only Tommy, Colin and Pat can compete in FD so what are Forrest and James gonna do? I wish your team the best of luck.
      Ruth - I understand your passion completely but some of your energy is misplaced, perhaps you need to hire a media relations person to handle all of this and you can step back and just enjoy and watch ( don't be a Mark Cuban type of owner! )

Dr. Z - You are not nearly as cool as you think - end of story.

And when Camel Togue and Oilcoverkid talk...... I listen.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Banner View Post
        Actually, radio is odd. I bash Dale Jr. fans all the time, but the station doesn't get bad rep from that. WHAP isn't looked as a Jr Nation Hating Station. Pastor Bennet of Justice For The People is constantly belittling the Police and Judges in the area, but our station isn't targeted by cops.

At the same time, though, the previous owner did very little to help the Hopewell community and that has not helped the new owners, Mr. Nugent and Mr. Hios.

I do understand the point your making, don't get me wrong. I just feel, again, if D1 is moving on, I should move on.
        Why don't you accuse Dale Jr. of drug abuse, corruption, child abuse, and domestic battery.....Then see what reaction you'd get from that. Those red-necks will wring your neck and maybe even lynch you for that, right?

Comment

james and forrest warned me when we first found out about certain things going on in the drift world, that you guys would never believe the truth. They were right. It is their decision to leave D1, not mine. I dont tell them what to do. I just ask them what they want to do, and then they do it.
          I couldnt care less if they drove in D1 or not, but they made their decision, and I support them. James is team captain and Forrest is Race Shop Manager and I have more faith in them then all of you do put together. Im sorry that you are such haters on the Drift Avengers.

Comment

Drift Avengers took their most valuable asset, Forrest Wang, and flushed his 2009 season down the drain. Forrest proved in Anaheim he has the ability to drift with the best. So what now for him?

Comment

Originally posted by OldSkool510 View Post
              Why don't you accuse Dale Jr. of drug abuse, corruption, child abuse, and domestic battery.....Then see what reaction you'd get from that. Those red-necks will wring your neck and maybe even lynch you for that, right?

Lol, I got complaints when I said that Sr. wasn't the greatest driver in the world and that Jr. was average. I don't want to think of what would happen if I said anything worse!

Comment

Check out the D1 Anaheim feedback thread......We were loving Forrest Wang for his drifting skills.....We are not hating at all with regards to the drifting...

It's the BS accusations we have a problem with. That's it.

Check out all the threads before the accusations. We were all in support of the Drift Avengers and your reunion with James. Check for yourself....

This all started because D1 forgot to include a score in the calculation for the TOP 16. On its own merits, your boy James finished 17th. Accept it and get ready for the next round. That's it.

You wanted D1 to have a TOP 17 because of the error? That's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Banner View Post
                  Lol, I got complaints when I said that Sr. wasn't the greatest driver in the world and that Jr. was average. I don't want to think of what would happen if I said anything worse!
                  That's what I mean. You wouldn't be stupid enough to do anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by driftavengers09 View Post
                    its funny, james and forrest and colin feel sorry for you for having such a pathetic existance that you have nothing better to do than criticize everything.
                    and they are sitting here with me now laughing....
                    I was mildly amused by all of this until you said things to me personally. I realize that you have no clue about drifting or how close everyone is in the drifting industry because as far as I have seen from you all you do is *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* in the water bowl. If Colin or James have anything to say to me I'm sure both of them have my number. Dr. Z says "How many of you support your friends WITHOUT ANY QUESTIONS? " Well I have for 2 years + I even put up all my own parts and my personal car for one of your team members. No questions asked and only expected him to hold up an agreement he made when we started to take care of certain aspects because I am not made of money, in fact its quite the opposite. Until recently I have been struggling at a shitty job barely making it by but still all my money was going into a car that I was building for a "friend". Then he couldn't uphold his end of the bargain and walked away and didn't feel bad or think twice about it. He was able to do this because he had zero into the car and wasn't losing anything all the while sticking his "friend" with the bill for a huge list of parts that he had no use for and basically scrapping a car that I loved to walk away with a shitty car that I had to beg and scrape to put together. There are a lot of things you probably don't understand because you probably haven't been told because unlike you I wasn't on here ranting and raving, airing my dirty laundry but if you want the whole story or anyone wants it please feel free to call me because I am more than willing at this point to let everyone know how much I got screwed by doing something completely selfless for a "friend". The greatest thing is Markydos is a personal friend of Colin's and the only reason I quoted him and told him Colin was part of your team was because he didn't know. Kinda strange that Colin one of your loyal team members doesn't tell his good friends that he is on your team. I wasn't calling anyone out or hating. It's a fact Colin is on your team, correct? He is on your website. Please give me one example of me sitting around criticizing on anything? I may have opinions that I share with my friends but I don't sit around on public forums and bash people or criticize them. Your life is your life, I feel bad for the drivers that you represent because it looks bad for them when you air all your dirty laundry on a public forum. It's a PR nightmare and all of these drivers are aspiring to do bigger and better things. Do you ever see Falken management on here bitching about their drivers? If you want to be professional then act professional. Why you dragged me into this I don't know but I don't care about yours or anyone on your teams opinion of my existence. Especially when things come to my attention about you and your team members like the fact that Colin went out to El Toro on a test day with a car that wouldn't run and then hooked the jumper cables up backwards and most likely fried something in the car because now it wont run at all. That would have never happened when I was around helping Colin for 2 years + asking for nothing in return and not getting paid. You can't count the hours and time and money I have dumped into that kid just to get *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* on. So don't lecture me about my life because I may be one of the few selfless people when it comes to drifting and drifters. I have helped numerous people get where they are today and am always looking for talent to help. Just because I don't have loads of money to throw at drivers doesn't mean I am not doing my part for the community. I am a strong believer in drifting and it being such a tight-knit community. You forget in a small community like this everyone knows everyone else's dirty laundry. It doesn't need to be aired publicly for fans to see it. I seriously hope that even Colin would back me up on my commitment to drifting as a sport. I haven't been fortunate enough to drive in the past couple years coupled with some shitty decisions but I have a new job and am handling my *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* so I can come out and drive again that's all anyone can do, I guess. Sorry this turned into an essay but you don't know me from Adam, Ruth, and I would seriously hope you would take a chance to get to know me before throwing my name around like you have some idea of where I come from or what my life is like. Like I said everyone has my cell phone number and I am not hard to get a hold of. My email is public so even if you don't want to call me then email me brogers@seriousbadass.com . My beef with Colin is between me and him and its completely justified whether he will admit it or not. But still until now I have kept my mouth shut but since he is sitting around snickering with you and bashing me on a public forum, whats the use?
                    Last edited by brainfood; 06-22-2009, 08:44 PM.

Comment

This has gone too far! Bryan Rogers is the one of the most stand up guys I have ever met in the world let alone drifting. To bring him into this is absolutely ludicrous. For years he has been a good friend and gave his heart to drifting in ways that you or your wallet never can. Bryan was there for every Drift Buffet event, working his a$$ off, helping me in more ways than I can count. In fact he put so much time and effort into grooming young and upcoming drivers (some that are on your team BTW) that he should have an honorary degree in Driftology. His words in the above post reflect what a true professional would say and do.
                      I think that for every hundred people on this website that can vouch for him the Drift (sc)Avengers would be lucky to find one.
                      SO that was the final line to be crossed for me, I have lost all respect for the drift (sc)avengers. I had tried to be as fair and unbiased as I could regarding all the BS around the D1 incident but calling out such a respected person as Bryan is going way beyond what is decent and fair.
                      I can say that I am proud to call Bryan my friend and thankful beyond belief for all the help he had given me in running the Drift Buffet series and opening doors for people like Colin Frost, Pat Mourdant, Matt Powers, Tommy Roberts, Ryan Literal, and all the other drivers that came up through the Drift Buffet series. WE gave all our time and money to making a series that would prepare drivers like that for the big leagues and I am satisfied with the results of that program. We had given our heart and soul to drifting and ended up broke, and sometimes worse. I can say that the sacrifices made by the DB team caused great personal loss but the results were worth it.
                      If you love drifting as much as you claim then you would try a little harder to understand the history and culture behind drifting in the USA and respect the people that laid the groundwork for you to be involved with drifting. You have no right to bash people with more experience, bigger hearts and history than you will ever have. Go fly your jets, drive your Ferrari, and do what you do.. but first take the time to learn your history and show some respect. Act like a professional and you will be treated like a professional.
                      The way you are acting lately deserves a timeout in the corner. Face the wall and think about your actions.

Terry Henderson
                      Last edited by akuma S14; 06-22-2009, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSkool510 View Post
                        Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's AL... The newest Drift Avenger....What a total moron you are. I can see you wearing your cape and plain white T-shirt with a big DA on it.

What a has-been drifter you are.
                        That "has-been drifter" mentioned he wanted to kill me in another forum. Even though he wears a cape in his daily attire, I can't find him. I'm easy to find...ask anyone. I won't be surprised if they know me personally. More about that later.

The Drift Avengers keep prancing around frivously spending money here and there...talking about using private jets, living a very lavish life, and having cars that are worth more than some of our life long homes.

Why not save the money and reallocate it to your drifters? Each member of your team can use a healthy dose of ca$h. What about putting out the cash and establishing a common facility where your team can work on their cars together. You can buy a race rig with the price tag of one of your italian made cars. Get one of those...get your drifters to tracks. I know that transportation and logistics is one of their major hurdles when it comes to professional racing.

If the Drift Avengers put together a team and operation that outdoes the Falken Tire Formula D setup at each event, I'm sure a lot of people everywhere will just STFU.

Comment

c'mon Victor... you've been around long enough to know AL.

Comment

This whole thing smells of International Allstars.... I am sorry Bryan

-Marty

Comment

Originally posted by Tuner View Post
                              This whole thing smells of International Allstars.... I am sorry Bryan

-Marty
                              International Allstars didn't smell THIS bad. Even then, their forte was really "car shows". They had a couple people at races (drag racing, road racing, solo II, drifting), but to be honest, their kung-fu is strong, but their tiger style is weak.

Yeah, come to think of it, the Allstars never really dug themselves deep into scandals. Sure, they had questionable intentions along with questionable demonstrations of their capabilities...but in the end, they never really hurt anyone. I don't know about you, but I'll laugh at anyone trying to make a drift car out of a Miata. =) IMO, every Miata needs to have Ronal "Bear" wheels.

Comment

Dr. Z

My apologies to all the Asiatic and Occidental people out there. I meant no slander in my terminology. While living with Henry Chung for a year in Sacramento, I was never accused of being racist... That's the least of my faults...

Comment

Working...
                                X