X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motors and miata

Okey....
    I was really wanting to get a miata..
    Well I am going to just waiting for the right deal on one.
    I am 17 right now 18 ina month .. anyways I don't know alot about this.
    I want to put a 302 350 or 400 into it.
    I was wondering how hard this would really be.
    I don't have alot of tools any more just moved to flordia on my own now.
    I had access to basicly everything back in arkansas but not now.
    Well i'm really limited on what I can do now but I'm going to get it done one way or a nother.
    Would one fit down into the car or would I have to do some welding/torching?
    I'd like to get a 400sb into it for most of power.
    If it is going to be harder though I will settle for one of the other.
    I've heard that the 302 5.0 will fit down into it.
    I am not to sure on that.
    I don't wanna go ahead and get it and not fit.
    I would of rather get the 350 or 400 in that case.
    Thanks guys just let me know somthing I don't.

Monster Miata sells a swap kit for putting the 302 into the Miata.
    http://www.monstermiata.com/Monster_V8_Kit.asp

This is the same one Stacey David ("Gearz" on ESPN2) used for his Banshee project. According to the website, the kit includes eveything you need. You will also need an engine, transmission, and, of course, a Miata. According to the show, you do have to make two small cuts and then weld in a plate to cover them up, plus hammer some clearance into the transmission tunnel. If you can cut, weld, and change an engine you should be able to do it.

I would suggest using the stock 302HO found in the 5.0 Mustang. That will be more than enough power when you're just starting out. It'll require heads-up driving and a healthy respect for the throttle pedal. If you can learn in a stock Miata, that would be even better.

Finally, make sure you can actually fit in one. This may sound silly, but I did once and I was looking OVER the windshield.

Comment

I'm a big fan of sticking V8's into pretty much anything, and while I like the idea of a fsb miata, I think you would be much happier just turbocharging the B6 or BP. If you are dead set on a motorswap, I reccomend the Fe3 swap, if that isn't enough you can turbo the Fe3 for something stupid like 600whp and more torque than the chassis can really support.

Comment

I saw a 99 with an LS6 in it over the weekend. 8.8 from a cobra, t56 from a viper... such a beast. 450 hp.

Comment

This car is going to be my major project car.
          it will not ben street legal what so ever.
          I will put the most I can into it.
          Just from my experience a 302 can come by cheep in a junk yard.
          and as far as i know part come by cheep to for almost any v8.
          I don't know really I could be wroung and a 4 banger twin turbo pushin' 600bhp could be better and cheeper.
          That would be pritty bad add though.
          I am going to get my drifing skills up b4 i go trying it with a bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* car.
          I've hit a fue things ^-^ ya know them cones in da road.
          Well trying to drift a saturn front wheel drive isnt the best idea.
          ^^^ why i'm geting my truck working.

Comment

As a miata enthusiast my self i feel any type of v8 in a miata is a overkill. With the car onling weighing 2200 pounds and haveing perfect weight distrubution I feel a 300gp v8 will tottaly ruin the nimblenes of the car.

I rather look into a 13b turbo swap, or even a F20c1, or even a miled ca18 or sr20 setup.

250+ hp 4 cylinder in a 2000lb car is more then enough...

Comment

How about a 2JZ?
              I've not see one in a miata.

Comment

Working...
              X