fwd drifting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fwd drifting question

i have a 89 toyota camry 4dr with a 2.0l 4 cyl engine...it is only a project car as of now...i wanted to get some ideas as for what type of engine should i swap to (that is affordable)....which suspension would best fit, and what transmission should i get

swap it with a new car..
    fwd is frowned when drifting....
    You can not hold a drift unles you keep ripping and letting off the erake = slowing you down.
    sale it and get a 240sx

Comment

There is no such thing as a Camry project car. Sell it and buy a proper rwd car.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
        There is no such thing as a Camry project car. Sell it and buy a proper rwd car.
        i would disagree with you my friend. if he put a fwd sr20 in there it would be a nice drag car. oof course a DET. its hard to drift a fwd..if your planning on drifting you should jus sell that camry and buy an s13 or miata

Comment

Originally posted by kouki240jz View Post
          i would disagree with you my friend. if he put a fwd sr20 in there it would be a nice drag car. oof course a DET. its hard to drift a fwd..if your planning on drifting you should jus sell that camry and buy an s13 or miata
          Find your nearest bridge and jump from it.

Comment

The Camry isn't a good starting point. I concur that this shouldn't be a project car. However, you can do basic drifting with it. You are limited however. You're stuck with braking and feint primarily. Once on throttle, you'll just wash out the front end and understeer. However, off-throttle the car will operate just like any other. You are free to learn and use any off-throttle techniques. If the e-brake is useful, you can use that too, but a lot of fwd cars simply don't have a useful hand style e-brake.

In order to do on-throttle drifting, it will take some work. However, it's not a good car to start with. It's just too big and too heavy to make a project vehicle. Find an old Honda CRX and turn it into a track car. That's the type of car you want if you intend to stay fwd.

Comment

Working...
            X