LIMIT on TIRES for the Weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bebop View Post
    I can think of alot of good drivers who are in chassis lacking FD competitivenes.
    So should some NFL teams cut their quarterback because they are better than others?

As far as rookies not being able to compete... Aasbo was a beast his rookie years. Odi was looking damn sharp last season as well. As to tracks, the only ones I see still giving a advantage in torque and grip in D1 style tandem are the ovals and maaaaybe ATL only because its uphill. But if the judges take car setup into consideration it should make things a bit easier for those that lack.

I dont understand you 5150, one paragraph you say you can't force competitivenes or skill. But a paragraph later your saying competitors need to change and evolve. So what should we do? Sit back and watch paint dry for half of the event?
    AASBO was HARDLY A ROOKIE. He was only a rookie in the sense he 'didnt drive FD yet'... is Diago also a Rookie when he drives FD? Odi looked ok but then again, he brought a decent setup in.... not trying to "keep it real" with a 4turbo making 400whp.

5150 is saying you cant MAKE people upgrade their cars, but they still NEED to. "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."

Bebop, you are still trying to say we should penalize/hurt the better cars/teams because other people aren't as good? Isn't that the point of competition? to be the best? These types of problems are what you get in the PRO class man.

Comment

alright, time to start a new thread with a NEW solution...

Comment

the solution is.... time.

its going to take time for the lower teir to gain money and knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by boxmod View Post
          the solution is.... time.

its going to take time for the lower teir to gain money and knowledge.
          this is year 9 of Formula D. How much more time do you want? If you haven't figured it out in 9 years, you probably won't figure it out anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by YOitzJDM View Post
            this is year 9 of Formula D. How much more time do you want? If you haven't figured it out in 9 years, you probably won't figure it out anytime soon.
            and you are actually proving the point that i am saying
            LOOK at the teams that HAVE BEEN THERE the WHOLE TIME = top competitors
            not all the drivers today have even 9 years drifting, let alone 9 years of FD. Id like to hear of the top FD guys are reallllllly concerned about those who are following in their footsteps....

the whole idea that they need to get out sounding rather 'elitist' like those people at events who are "too good" to talk to the guy at his first event because he isnt flicking it in like Saito.

Go compare the driving from 2005/6 and you will see todays "ProAm" skill levels. If you really think.... back in early 2000s you were GOD to slide a single turn without spinning out, then like 2004/05 you had to link the track or no one cares, then~ 2007 you had to do it fast or you were a pu55y, then 2009 its backwards or your being a baby, and now 2011 you are complaining that people aren't 6 inches apart the whole track.

Its nothing but a gap in experience/car setup, but it still doesnt mean we should hurt the top guys.
            Last edited by boxmod; 02-22-2012, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Bergenholtz has gotten progressively worse each year.

Gardella started competed in 2007 or so, he's only been around for half the time.

Papadakis started running competitively in 2006 or 2007. Mohan started in FD in '07. Yoshioka's team has only been competing for 3 or so years as a team, but they've figured it out pretty quick. Ruskakoff hasn't been running very seriously, but was pretty competitive until he totaled his car at NJ last year (the rebuild car just wasn't the same). Pawlak was very competitive his first 2 seasons, before he got into the ASD car. Odi did a damn good job of being competitive, and he didn't start drifting til like 2008 or 2009.

and on the flip side - Taka / Petty have never been competitive, despite being around since the beginning. Kearney has been competing as long as lots of other drivers (DMac, James Deane, EOS) and was even in a car that had previously been VERY competitive, but still couldn't keep up with everybody. I'd even go as far as to say that I'd rather see James Deane over here than EOS or Dean Kearney... but James doesn't have the same sponsor pull that the other guys did, and he put all his cards in 1 basket with Falken it seems. Maybe if we can these 30 'extra' drivers, someone will be smart enough to pick up a driver like James Deane who can be competitive very quickly and is fully capable of competing at the top level as he showed in his rookie season

Comment

I dont understand you 5150, one paragraph you say you can't force competitivenes or skill. But a paragraph later your saying competitors need to change and evolve. So what should we do? Sit back and watch paint dry for half of the event?
                When i say you can't force competitveness or skills, i mean't you can't force experiance. Your proposing all these things in hopes that it will put everyone on equal levels. While you cna force everyone to buy certain cars, from certain chassis builders, cerain engines in certain classes, you can't force them to drive at the same level as driver in front or behind them.
                I understand you want to see more competitive runs. We all do, But as more and more start to compete, nothing you or I do can force that.

Comment

Working...
                X