ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Support TAKA AONO to compete Formula D East Coast!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support TAKA AONO to compete Formula D East Coast!!

Text from http://blog.driftpro.com

Please Support Taka Aono to compete Formula D East Coast!!
    Our Team Driver Taka Aono...He did great as 5th place @ the Formula D RD 1 @ Long Beach. Now, he really wants to compete @ the Formula D Atlanta & New Jersey...

However, he became a privateer...and sadly, he won't have enough fund to get there in this point.

If anyone is interested in supporting Taka, please make some donation/chip-in/gas card/etc.

The Detail will be like:

For Atlanta
    Total $4750
    Registration Fee: $300
    Practice Fee (if they have on Thur): $150
    Gas for Towing: $ 2000
    Race Gas for the weekend: $300
    Hotel (including to the Atlanta & back to hom): $500
    Food & Drink: $500
    Tires (including the Thur. practice if they have): $1000
    Corolla Podium Finish: PRICELESS!! HAHAHA

For New Jersey:
    Total $5250
    Registration Fee: $300
    Practice Fee (if they have on Thur): $150
    Gas for Towing: $ 2500
    Race Gas for the weekend: $300
    Hotel (including to the Atlanta & back to home): $500
    Food & Drink: $500
    Tires (including the Thur. practice if they have): $1000
    Corolla Podium Finish: PRICELESS!! HAHAHA x 2

Thank you very much for your support as always!!

Please support!

<embed allowScriptAccess="always" src="http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/fa3414a618709d84" flashVars="color_scheme=blue&event_desc=Please%20S upport%20Taka%20Aono%20to%20go%20Formula%20D%20%40 %20Atlanta%20%26%20New%20Jersey%202009%2E%20%20Tak a%20became%20a%20priveteer%20%26%20needs%20to%20co me%20up%20w%2F%20%248000%20for%202%20events%2E%20% 20Thank%20you%20very%20much%20for%20your%20support %21" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="250" height="250"></embed>
    Hubert Young
    KORE 8 Films

Comment

Sending...

Goodluck Taka.

Comment

Donation submitted.

Go get 'em, Taka!!

Comment

next pay check

he looked in rare form at long beach

this aint the same ol taka guys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
            next pay check

he looked in rare form at long beach

this aint the same ol taka guys!!!
            No kidding!

And does no one else find it ironic that now since Falken has dropped him as a factory driver, he's currently the highest ranked driver on Falken tires?

http://www.wreckedmagazine.com/blog/...after-round-1/

Go figure...

Comment

Originally posted by SageCraft View Post
              No kidding!

And does no one else find it ironic that now since Falken has dropped him as a factory driver, he's currently the highest ranked driver on Falken tires?

http://www.wreckedmagazine.com/blog/...after-round-1/

Go figure...
              well the way i saw it which i dunnoe if im right or not is that falken put alot of effort into building their cars but gave very little seat time for the drivers to get used to them. taka and hiro get to practice alot at drift days but they never got to practice in the team falken cars. they were always using their back up cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Hach1r0k1d03 View Post
                well the way i saw it which i dunnoe if im right or not is that falken put alot of effort into building their cars but gave very little seat time for the drivers to get used to them. taka and hiro get to practice alot at drift days but they never got to practice in the team falken cars. they were always using their back up cars.
                That is totally true. Both Taka and Hiro rarely got any practice time in their competition cars outside of actual event days.

But now that Taka owns the Turbo/Hasselgren corolla, he's been getting LOTS of seat time. Changed over to DG-5 coilovers too, which he really likes. I had a chance to ride with him at a Just Drift event in March and he was feeling very comfortable in the car now. He's gonna be competitive this year as long as he can make it out to the events.

Comment

If I wasn't building my own project, I would chip in. Good Luck, Taka.

Comment

Donation sent.....Show Falken what they are missing out on TAKA. Good Luck.

Comment

Taka to guest on The Inside Drift radio show at 10:30 am PDT (1:30pm EDT)

Call in and offer Taka your support personally. Also on today's show, LIVE from The Team Drift at The Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach, Chris Forsberg, Rhys Millen, Patrick Mordaunt, Conrad Grunewald, Justin Pawlack, Kyle Mohan, and Chris Kregorian... all live and yu can talk to all of them by calling the show @ 646.716-4717.

Comment

i'll donate if taka agrees to run a team rowdy sticker.

Comment

He can start selling advertisement space on his car. Anyone who donates should have a sticker of their choice to put on his car. That would be cool.

Sell some advertising space to D1. lol

Comment

Good luck!! I chipped in, keep it going guys!

Comment

put in a couple bucks... good luck taka!! show 'em what dday is made of

Comment

Working...
                              X