Donnie's JAPAN ADVENTURES Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigGameHit View Post
    As much as I love the look of my R33 and driving it daily, it's time to have a dedicated track car now. The R33 will go to the track for practice and competitions. I will be picking up this 1983 R30. Fun times to come for sure with a new fresh project. I will not be going over the top with this car. Just mechanical stuff first to follow with sleek body kit, fresh paint job and wheels.

The car as it sits now in southern Japan.

I will be bringing this to the states as well.

Donnie, there are times I just envy you, then there are times like this! Is that an FJ20 in there? I WANT.

Comment

• Yea FJ20 with a good amount of old skool JDM flavor!! cant wait to get this thing and see what its really got. Right now looks like a sleeper.

Right now really hoping I can make Drift Matsuri.

Comment

• yeah its still on schedule from what i hear

Comment

• yea its been on schedule.. however military members are banned from the area as of right now.. and its looking no better with the quake that happen last night.

Installed Ogura twin plate last night .

A buddy Aaron came over just as I got started at about hmmm 9ish pm. Helped me lower the RB trans. While we were under the car, the earth began to shake again. After things settled we resumed. A-rod had to leave shortly after that to go home. I was bored no power and wanted to finish. I sat there and thought, how could I support the rear of this trans. The was after I laid it across my chest and stomach in attempts to bench press it on. I almost had it but was hard to angle it with my penis. I looked up seen the tunnel a hole and my roll cage. Instantly ran and got my trusty 550 cord. Doubled that *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* up looped it around the transmission. I hoisted it up using my roll cage front bar. About 2 min later I was in. Finish about 5 this morning.

I took the car for a drive and stalled it coming out of my garage hahahahah. *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* sounds so good and grabs so so so so hard.

Comment

• Another quake? Damn! Anything happen where ur at?

Comment

• yea we felt about a 7 something up here. No damage only lost power for about 7 hours or some.

Comment

• dude thats nuts im guessing cause things are so shifted right now its making things go crazy

Comment

• How is the atmosphere there, Donnie? People pretty calm about it or is there some tension because of the latest quake?

Comment

• Most Americans are fine. Large amounts of Japanese people still are on their toes about it. As soon as they feel a vibration, they run to the store and buy everything.

Comment

• Ah, the 1-inch effect, but in vibration mode. Any mention of snow, people run to the stores to buy all the milk and bread, despite it's only an inch of snow or less on the ground.

Don't get me wrong, a couple of quakes like that would freak me out (I do live on the east, so any ground vibration would be weird no matter how small).

Comment

• hahaha no doubt.. I am from Baltimore.. Natural Disaster is not something im common with.. but im cool about it.... Historical to say the least. I would not like the earth the shake while im drifting next to a wall though, it might screw up my line.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigGameHit View Post
                          hahaha no doubt.. I am from Baltimore.. Natural Disaster is not something im common with.. but im cool about it.... Historical to say the least. I would not like the earth the shake while im drifting next to a wall though, it might screw up my line.
                          Heard there was another 7 quake this morning, what did you feel?

Comment

• Might have been sleep lol. Just woke up its like 12pm.. im about to go outside and install my oil cooler and another manifold.. Plus some welding.. lets hope my car is not shaken off the jack stands lol.
                            Last edited by BigGameHit; 04-14-2011, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justin Banner View Post
                              Heard there was another 7 quake this morning, what did you feel?
                              wtf! is mt fuji gonna blow or something? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny Fonseca View Post
                                wtf! is mt fuji gonna blow or something? lol
                                It does make you wonder considering the magnitude of the aftershocks.

Comment

Working...
                                X