Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You flubbed that quote pretty bad and if you read a few more seconds it implys that. Plus Drift Day has nothing to do with that quote so I don't know why you put it in there.

Comment

sorry, correction. when I cut the rest of the quote I forgot to cut the Url you had in it.

Comment

Well, this has got to be the funniest thing I have seen. Lets see.

but the media itself is adulterating the original standards of a technique primarily used as a method of showing off.
        Adultry is defined as: extramarital sex that willfully and maliciously interferes with marriage relations; "adultery is often cited as grounds for divorce" Intersting choice of words there.

We will no longer judge the car based on its angle but by its appearance
        Actually smart guy, in Japan they do judge your car on its appearance as well as angle, speed and all the other things that you mentioned. Not too sure if you really watched any Japanese Drifting or the car culture over there but they LOVE vinyl and flashing lights, neon, loud stuff. They love all the stuff you hate. APC rules over there.

One day this sport will become obsolete, so we must protect it from the adulteration it is suffering at the hands of the media
        You really seem to love using this word out of context. Adultery. You married?

all of the adulterations that makes this once respected sporting event into a great amount of disgrace.
        And again. Sunday words should be used sparingly.

will it be a place to display legends controlling their cars.
        Hmm instesting point there. It poses quite a conundrum. (That means difficult problem) See how can a person become a legend if no one knows about them? Riddle me this Whineman, if a Drifter slides on the moutain and no one is around to see it, did he really slide?

It amazes me that the new people that come around here still complain about this underground thing. 240's are the new Honda and all that jazz. Get over it. It's not going to stay underground, it's not going to fade out anytime soon and if you don't buy a 240 because you think it's the new Honda then you are just plain dumb.

There are 2 ways that you can go about the Drifting world. 1. You can be mad that it isn't underground and you don't have the market cornered on 240s and Corollas, or 2. you can accept it, relish in the fact that good parts are being made, imported and are available to you, coverage is good so that you can actually watch it now and the fact that you can meet and talk to people that are better than you so you can learn. See without anyone putting money into the sport, drivers like Drift Alliance, Gushi, Hubinette and all those guys that are good would never be in one place at one time. They would still be getting busted by the local bacon backs.

So for pete's sake, lay off the Media. The Media is just following the sport. I highly doubt that there is some underground media driven "Drift ruining" squad out there whose soul purpose is to make Drifting into a clown circus. I personally don't care about the booty contests and the DJ's and all that crap but if the worst thing I have to endure while walking to the Drifting area is a scantily clad woman shaking it then i'm doing good. If you don't like the scantily clad woman up there, don't look. Simple as that.

The reason I harped on your choice of words is because it makes the post and the article (if it is one) look less credible. If you are going to use big words, double check their meaning first.

Comment

I'm going to have to say that complaining and writing editorials on this issue is absolutely pointless. I started a thread similar to this one a LONG time ago and it turned into the LONGEST thread I have ever seen on this board filled with the same crap just regurgitated over and over again. I agree with some of the things said but I'm going to have to side with Weapon X on this one. If it's something you love to do, just do it. Don't complain about everyone else, just focus on yourself and improving YOUR driving skills. Trust me, you'll feel alot better with a LOT less hate in your heart for the people that don't share your views or ideals on what drifting is or should be. I've come to peace with it and am having an absolute BLAST with this rainy season we are having in So. Cal., catch my drift? haha, I'm punny.

Kevin
          (Yes, AWD can drift... wanna see?)
          Last edited by STFUAD; 01-04-2005, 02:11 PM.

Comment

adulteration
            a·dul·ter·ate ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-dlt-rt)
            tr.v. a·dul·ter·at·ed, a·dul·ter·at·ing, a·dul·ter·ates
            To make impure by adding extraneous, improper, or inferior ingredients.

Comment

Ghost :

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you.
              Mountains Crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me.

You couldnt have said it better, that was great. One thing though, whats so wrong about the woman? I mean they choose to do that, If a person wants to do something let them, your prob goin to watch from sidelines anyways (obviously you have) so just live with it, its theyre choice not yours.

Comment

Re: Editorial: Drifting at its worst

Originally posted by TougeWarrior
                Drifting at its Worst?

...but Formula D is one of the most disgraceful representations of drifting out there. They do not focus mainly on the drifting itself but instead market products and degrade women while they are at it...

By: Loi Tran
                Please... apparently the writer of the comment is not involved in the Formula D series, IMO not even as a spectator. If he has eyes, he will definitely see what Formula D has done. Drifting would not have gotten to the level today if it was not them. Formula D has put so much emphasis on the drifting competition itself that no one involved in it would disagree. Yes, there are car shows and women walking around at the events but to cover the cost of the events and make a little bit of money you have to cater the events to the spectators somewhat. If you hate people trying to make money while doing something cool for everybody and helping to develop the drifting scene here, may be you should be a Communist.
                Last edited by Hubert Young; 01-04-2005, 06:39 PM.
                Hubert Young
                KORE 8 Films

Comment

TougeWarrior is always trash talking drifting, and the question i ask is why is he a member of a drift forum??

Comment

its not showing off..

Comment

Sorry guys and sorry Touge Whiner, i'm gonna shut this piece of poo down.

Comment

Working...
                      X