ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Samuel win against Forseberg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why didn't Samuel win against Forseberg?

Why didn't Samuel win against Forseberg? Is it political? He CLEARLY was better. Even the crowd said so. What the F@#%?

Chris beat him.... Sam was playing dirty...

Matt.

Comment

How????????

Comment

Are you there? Or you playing dirty now?

Comment

He drove like Rhys Millen. He chased way too tight and drove away from his opponent way too fast...

Matt.
          Last edited by Craftsman; 09-01-2004, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Were you there? Did you see him drift? Or are you getting your info second hand? Cause' I was there and have a different opinion. I judge everyone fairly and he clearly was better than Chris. Even the crowd wanted him!!!

Comment

They made them both go again and again and Samuel was CLEARLY better. WTF???????

Comment

Originally posted by #1Samuelfan
                They made them both go again and again and Samuel was CLEARLY better. WTF???????
                It's hard to think you're not biased when you have a name like #1samuelfan....BUT with all that aside...

from what we know about FormulaD, competitors are judged on:

-entry speed
                -drift angle
                -pressure on tandem partner
                -proximity to walls and barriers
                -style points (tire smoke, etc)

You'll need to look at the samuel vs chris forsberg race from all these perspectives and judge who won. but all in all, its up to the judges. they felt forsberg was better.

im still waiting to see video...

Comment

Thanks for the lesson on judgeing the competition, I was there and saw it all. Just because I am a fan of the Viper, doesn't mean that I judge him differently than the rest. I don't know him, I am just a fan of his driving and saw that he out drove his competition.

In the last round, and maybe this is a fault of the judgeing process, there was a car that barely went sideways. That car did HORRIBLE. Why is it that the best driver, in my opinion Samuel, did worse than him?

Maybe they need to look at the elimination process because most of them sucked compaired to Samuel. Maybe, and I don't agree with this, but if they felt that Chris Forseberg won the round, and the crowd didn't agree as well, why was there some people left if the competition that sucked??????????? WTF>

Comment

I can't agree with you more. Why did they even let that happen?

Comment

Sam's car only requires one gear. His car is mad display of horsepower. I really don't like seeing him win...

Anyways, here's a picture for you guys of Chris crying for the victory! Sam may have deserved the win, but he only uses one gear. Second. Secretly, I'm sure all the drivers hate Sam...

Matt.
                      Last edited by Craftsman; 08-30-2004, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Shutup with all the "that driver sucked" *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored* you ignorant *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*.

Everydriver out there cuts up probably 1000000 times better than your armchair drifter *Censored**Censored**Censored*.

Until your out there keep it inside your hick head. No one "sucked" even the people who hit the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Craftsman
                          Sam's car only requires one gear. His car is mad display of horsepower. I really don't like seeing him win...

Anyways, here's a picture for you guys of Chris crying for the victory! Sam may have deserved the win, but he only uses one gear. Second. Secretly, I'm sure all the drivers hate Sam...
                          1. what does a transmission have to do with winning in a round of tandem drifting.

2. you don't know the driver's personally, you don't know if they like or dislike each other and once again... it has nothing to do with winning a round of tandem drifting.

jus because you don't like a driver it doesn't mean they don't have any driving ability or don't deserve to win. if u want to prove why a driver should or should not win, prove it from an objective point of view. people could honestly care less about your point of view because they have their own point of view.

Comment

Well I wasnt there but it sounds like the juding was screwed up. But you know I cant really talk shiz because if I was a judge I would probably score Rhys and Sam low too. And you know I'm being straight up here since I drive a domestic and I dont have any domestic hate. I've watched these previous professional guys drift (not singling anyone out here, dont mean to offend), and while I understand that this is a competition, I also understand what people mean when they say someone was driving "dirty". I personally would much rather watch a good battle where each driver gives the opponent enough room to do his thing instead of watching a "race" where one guy gets so close to the other that he cuts off his line and messes up his style. I know the majority of the crowd dosnt understand what I am talking about, but if you participate in this sport you'd understand what I mean. This is a competition, but there is a difference between doing whatever it takes to win, and just plain outdriving someone. No offence to Rhys or Sam, but (as a spectator) I would actually enjoy watching them perform a lot more if they didnt focus so much on passing people when they battle, instead focus on outdriving the opponent. And thats why I cheer for the guys that never seem to win in these types of comps. I cheer for them because I know their style and I like it a lot more than the "I'm gonna win" type of style (which ammounts to people driving dirty). And if you're gonna come back at me and tell me that the Japan drivers in the D1 all drive to win nomatter what, I gotta say that I dont agree. I think they are so skilled that they are at the point that they can still give their opponent room to drift, but also pass for the win when the time is right. They value honor above all, and it would be dishonorable to cut off someones line for the pass and win. The judges should be able to tell the difference here, but obviously there is a problem with the judging.

Comment

I hate that competition Viper,I really do,but I can't deny Sam's skill as a driver.There's a reason Sam is the only American driver allowed to compete in Japan.He jumped in the Jasper Supra the same day and came 10th at D1,he set the record for American drivers,and with less practice in the car than the rest as well.Don't start forgetting that because he drives a Viper now

As for driving dirty.Your supposed to try and kill off their line when chasing.Sounds unfair,but that's how it is.The passing though,unless they spin out,crash,or shoot off course,I don't think it should be allowed.

Why would the drivers secretly hate him? That's pretty ignorant,especially if you were to hate him over something so rediculous.Sam doesn't come up in here and bash others,or talk trash to people,walking around with superiority complex.Try and say the same for your boyfriends.

Comment

Working...
                              X