Formula D, (FEEDBACK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula D, (FEEDBACK)

Okay... many of the moderators of this forum went to the Formula D event yesterday. I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say... what the f*ck were you thinking?! There were a few reasons why I and many others will boycott the Formula D series. We will not go to nor compete in your series.

Prior to this event, we decided we would not judge too harshly before we actually went to the event and saw for ourselves this event in Irwindale. I personally have been to Sonoma, Houston, and this Irwindale event. Progressively your event has gone from decent to a pile of dog sh*t.

To those who did not go, I think Jackass star Ryan Dunn summed it up the best over the loud speaker when he said, "I don't care about this stuff... I just want to take my rental car and take it out there... At least if I wreck my car, it would be pretty funny" That's about the intelligence that this event brought to Irwindale.

3/4 of the entire area was show cars, bling bling to the max complete with a stage for the booty contests and whatnot. What was extremely awesome was the giant TV for the crowd to stare at that constantly showed COMMERCIALS!

Now for what REALLY pissed me off and everyone around me. This was not a judged competition at all. Why did you even hire judges because they sure as f*ck don't do their job with you always saying "okay guys in the crowd, who do you think won? Should we go one more time?" Their judging was complete sh*t anyways. You did NOT judge on line, angle, speed, or ANYTHING that you should be judging on, you just judged on whoever the CROWD wanted. Oh yeah, and most of them were a bunch of kids who don't know SH*T about drifting.

Tarzan lays out a cloud of thick smoke after a super extended demo run that should have been over like 5 "one more time"s ago and one of the pro Japanese plows into him at like 50 mph head on and what does he care about more than checking on the driver? He f*cking climbs the fence to mess with the crowd! Priorities are SERIOUSLY f*cked here.

Between the $10 dollars for parking and the $25 for tickets and the advertising on big screens... you guys have made one hell of a money making machine that is RIPPING the sport apart. This isn't about the drivers, drifting, or driving skill.

To Sam, you got raped dude. Sam whooped Foresburg fair and square. Between Foresburg running off track and slamming into the barracades and Sam being on his *Censored**Censored**Censored* the whole second run... "one more time"? WTF?! All I heard from the punk kids behind me was, "F*CK the Viper!" and "F*CK Sam" and "JDM... JDM..." What a bunch of ignorant pieces of sh*t!

To Rhys, they tried to rape you dude. You won fair and square each and every time before the thousands of "one more time"s you had to endure. They were just waiting for you to f*ck up, but you didn't... awesome.

To Alex and Tyler, that was an AWESOME battle. In our groups opinion, if anything deserved a "one more time" it was definitely your run. Alex had 1 round and Tyler had 1 round. The comradery you guys showed after the run was awesome too. I saw you guys get out of your cars congratulate each other, that was great.

To Calvin, my god, you keep getting better and better. If your car didn't break, don't know how far you could have gone.

Well Formula D, we gave you the benefit of the doubt and you let us down. I guess money does rule all...
    Last edited by STFUAD; 08-30-2004, 01:31 AM.

I liked the girls there... I don't know about the cars.... Show cars don't entice me, but I enjoy being surrounded by hot models everywhere.

Ok... Seriously, I didn't even know about the stuff going on in the pits.

Matt.

Comment

Re: Formula D... READ THIS!

Originally posted by STFUAD
      Okay... many of the moderators of this forum went to the Formula D event yesterday. I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say... what the f*ck were you thinking?! There were a few reasons why I and many others will boycott the Formula D series. We will not go to nor compete in your series.

Prior to this event, we decided we would not judge too harshly before we actually went to the event and saw for ourselves this event in Irwindale. I personally have been to Sonoma, Houston, and this Irwindale event. Progressively your event has gone from decent to a pile of dog sh*t.

To those who did not go, I think Jackass star Ryan Dunn summed it up the best over the loud speaker when he said, "I don't care about this stuff... I just want to take my rental car and take it out there... At least if I wreck my car, it would be pretty funny" That's about the intelligence that this event brought to Irwindale.

3/4 of the entire area was show cars, bling bling to the max complete with a stage for the booty contests and whatnot. What was extremely awesome was the giant TV for the crowd to stare at that constantly showed COMMERCIALS!

Now for what REALLY pissed me off and everyone around me. This was not a judged competition at all. Why did you even hire judges because they sure as f*ck don't do their job with you always saying "okay guys in the crowd, who do you think won? Should we go one more time?" Their judging was complete sh*t anyways. You did NOT judge on line, angle, speed, or ANYTHING that you should be judging on, you just judged on whoever the CROWD wanted. Oh yeah, and most of them were a bunch of kids who don't know SH*T about drifting.

Tarzan lays out a cloud of thick smoke after a super extended demo run that should have been over like 5 "one more time"s ago and one of the pro Japanese plows into him at like 50 mph head on and what does he care about more than checking on the driver? He f*cking climbs the fence to mess with the crowd! Priorities are SERIOUSLY f*cked here.

Between the $10 dollars for parking and the $25 for tickets and the advertising on big screens... you guys have made one hell of a money making machine that is RIPPING the sport apart. This isn't about the drivers, drifting, or driving skill.

To Sam, you got raped dude. Sam whooped Foresburg fair and square. Between Foresburg running off track and slamming into the barracades and Sam being on his *Censored**Censored**Censored* the whole second run... "one more time"? WTF?! All I heard from the punk kids behind me was, "F*CK the Viper!" and "F*CK Sam" and "JDM... JDM..." What a bunch of ignorant pieces of sh*t!

To Rhys, they tried to rape you dude. You won fair and square each and every time before the thousands of "one more time"s you had to endure. They were just waiting for you to f*ck up, but you didn't... awesome.

To Alex and Tyler, that was an AWESOME battle. In our groups opinion, if anything deserved a "one more time" it was definitely your run. Alex had 1 round and Tyler had 1 round. The comradery you guys showed after the run was awesome too. I saw you guys get out of your cars congratulate each other, that was great.

To Calvin, my god, you keep getting better and better. If your car didn't break, don't know how far you could have gone.

Well Formula D, we gave you the benefit of the doubt and you let us down. I guess money does rule all...
      AMEN

Comment

i agree with pretty much everything said here. slipstream, vision, formula d... time to rethink what you are doing.

as far as tarzan yamada going fence climbing, i think he knew seigo yamamoto was ok. so i'm guessing he did his usual antics to keep the audience from worrying too much about yamamoto and to fill the dead space while the accident was being taken care of. he had a long friendly talk(apologizing i guess) with yamamoto after he got out of the wrecked car. it's only my theory. i have no hardcore evidence so don't start arguing with me about it.

as for everything else STFUAD said... i fully concur. the event was a big ridiculous disorganized circus.

Comment

Well I wasnt there but it sounds like a bad situation. My main concern is the judging. IMO the crowd should not play a major role in deciding the winner. Thats why we have "judges" they are supposed to know whats good and whats not (technically speaking). Sure the crowd can have an effect on who the judges choose (as in who made a better show/presence) but if you let the crowd decide who wins, then this isn't a professional competition anymore. Thge judges need to set the standard so to speak, even more-so because this sport is judged subjectively. I saw this happening when the DriftShowoff came to Hawaii too. "One more time" is cool and all but there needs to be a limit here. Like maybe only "one more time" if the battle was really close. But what it sounds like here is a bunch of haters in the crowd adversly affecting the judges decesions. I want to see what Formula D has to say.

Comment

leave it to Americans to *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* about anything and everything.
            it's the American way though...

Comment

Yes I agree... line wasn't taken into account it seemed... and I actually thought Sam won also and Rhys really did kick *Censored**Censored**Censored* on his last run (he showed em his "Rally style"), and for those of you who have been here for a while know that I've been kinda against the "Big" companies jumping in know that. (So I am now retracting my statement, officially) I really was impressed by Rhys' driving he has gotten 100X better in that tank. Yeah some of the judging was very biast in my mind Chris running into a barrier should have been a automatic loss. He did run pretty well but he shouldn't have gotten another chance. What about Ross in the Rotary Power car? Shouldn't have gotten another run since he had to adjust cuz another driver caused him to spin out rather than running into a barrier on his own?

Comment

This sport is hard enough to "get your arms around" as it is....... If the Judges don't do a good job and advance the drivers/cars that REALLY deserve it, the sport of Drifting won't last any longer than "Pro Underwater Basket Weaving."

As I've been talking to potential sponsors, they all ask me about the "judging" and how do you know you've won if you've done a better job...... More so than any other country, America is the land of Winners...... We like to know that our guy won or lost fairly..... If our guy doesn't win, AND we think he should have, we will not go back. What's the point? Who want's to go and spend money to be pissed-off? (as has been stated already in this post)........ At the next event they'll be 2 people in the stands if your lucky. And they'll only be there cause they've never been to an event before......

Come on organizers...... Don't let this get screwed-up before it even gets started..... We gotta get this deal sorted out NOW!!!!

Comment

Hmm...don't really have anything more to add based on what everyone else said, but I'll contribute when I think of something. Anyway, if this is the way Formula D is going I dont really feel the need to attend another event. I came in with an open mind, left thinking I just wasted 6-7 hours of my life. I feel bad for the driver's that got screwed.

Comment

The comedy is that...

...the stands were packed and each of the show cars paid$25 or more apiece to be on site. They made money and to them without a doubt, the event was wildly successful. Better yet, to the sponsors who paid money to put their logos in front of lots of people, well, there were lots of people there.

How does one define "success" with respect to thsi situation?

Hmmm.....tough call.

Comment

i call it.
                      *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* American capitalism.

this is why i hate US drifting.
                      companies and people like who who exploit it to make another buck that you DON'T need.
                      please keep yourself limited to car shows.
                      we (the people who actually enjoy drifting) don't want you here.

Comment

i knew it. i knew that this thing would be just a big unorganized circus. You could tell from the promo flyer thing. If you rather have skaters on the cover than real drifters than this not about drifting it's about making money. That's why D1 is where it is at. They don't have skaters and wood pushers to bring in the crowd, they have one-of a kind drifters like Nomu-ken and they have cars like the Blitz Skyline and Taniguchi's S15.

Comment

Re: The comedy is that...

Originally posted by craiglieberman
                          ...the stands were packed and each of the show cars paid$25 or more apiece to be on site. They made money and to them without a doubt, the event was wildly successful. Better yet, to the sponsors who paid money to put their logos in front of lots of people, well, there were lots of people there.

How does one define "success" with respect to thsi situation?

Hmmm.....tough call.
                          Then I guess they reached their objective. The real fans are being pushed away, but that event was apparently a cash cow. Do you think that's justifiable Mr Lieberman?

Comment

GLAD YOU'RE SO CORE THAT YOU THINK IT'S DOGSH*T!

RYAN DUNN IS AWESOME AND HE KNOWS WHAT GETS CROWDS GOING, SO HE WAS PLAYING AROUND!DUMB A$$

IT'S CALLED CROSS MARKETING AND INVOLVING EVERYBODY, SORRY CORE DRIFTER!

ACTUALLY THE JUDGES WERE REALLY INVOLVED AND WHAT THE CROWD HAD TO SAY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THEIR FINAL JUDGMENT. THE JUDGES WANTED TO SEE THEM RUN ONE MORE TIME BEFORE THE CROWD WAS EVEN THINKING ABOUT IT. IT'S CALLED SHOWMANSHIP AND ITS WHAT DIRFTING IS GOING TOWARDS. WHEN DID U START DIRFTING??? THAT'S MY QUESTION EVERYBODY SEEMS SO CORE AND SO TRUE, BUT SERIOUSLY ALOT OF THE COMPEITIORS IN FD ARE PROBABLY MORE "CORE" THAN YOU AND TEHY LOVE WHAT FD HAS ALLOWED THEM TO DO, SO DON'T HATE!!!!!! CONGRATULATE!

YES, HE DID DO THAT TO MAKE SURE THE CROWD IN'T STARING THE CRASH AND THINKING SEIGO IS HURT. SEIGO OWAS FINE AND THE CARF IS DONE BUT BASICALLY THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THESE GUYS RISK IT AND PUT THEMSLEVES AND THEIR CARS ON THE LINES, SEIGO HAD A SMILE ON HIS FACE LATER AND WAS COOL WITH IT ALL.

RIPPING THE SPORT APART, RAD YOU'RE IGNORRANT, GET OVER IT.
                            DO YOU KNWO HOW MUCH INSURANCE IS, RENTAL OF IRWINDALE SPEEDWAY, SECURITY, ETC. ETC. PROFIT YES, BUT HUGE PROFIT, NO!

I AGREE IGGONRANCE IS BLISS, SAM HUBINETTE IS A GREAT DRIVER AS IS FORSBERG. IT'S UP TO THE JUDGES AND THAT'S THAT. AS FAR AAS TEH KIDS SAYING ALL THAT, THAT'S THERE PERROGATIVE. EDUCATE!

RHYS DESERVED IT HE FOUGHT HARD AND LONG TO GET ON TEH PODIUM AND HE DID, 1ST PLACE CONGRAST RYHS!

ALEX GOT THAT S2000 TO FINALLY SLIDE, THAT'S AN ACCOLPISHMEMNT IN ITSELF AND TYLER, HE KILLS IT. HE REALLY MAKES THAT SUPRA GET DOWN!

BUMMER FOR CALVIN, YEAH HE'S GOTTEN BETTER AND BETTER.
                            AS HAVE ALL THEH FD COMPETITORS!

IN CLOSING, I LIKE TAHT YOU FELT STRONGLY ABOUT THE FD EVENT, I'M SORRY FD LET YOU DOWN, BUT I'M SURE THERE'S PLENTY OF KIDS/ADULTS TAHT JUST GOT INTRODUCED TO THIS SPORT SO LET THEM HAVE FUN. YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN DRIFTING FOR I DON'T KNOW 5 YEARS THAT'S GREAT YOU'RE CORE/OLD SCHOOL/ J WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT.
                            FORMULA D IS ABOUT PROGRESSION, GIVING THE NORTH AMERICAN DRIFTERS A FROMT IN WHICH THEY CAN COMPETE AND DO WHAT THEY LOVE, DRIFT. I UNDERSTAND THE CAR SHOW, THE SCREEN AND THINGS OTHER THAN DRIFTING AREN'T MOUNAIN DRIFTING IN JAPAN OR ANYTHING BUT WITHOUT THAT IT WOULD BE LAME!

THINK ABOUT SUNDAY'S EVENT IF IT JUST HAD DRIFTING AND NOTHING ELSE TEH DAY WOULD BE LONG AS HECK AND BORING.

I ENCOURAGE YOU TO TAKE PART AND PRACTICE TO COMPETE I GUARANTEE YOU'LL HAVE FUN!

AGAIN, DON'T HATE, CONGRATULATE.

IT'S ALL ABOUT PROGRESSION OF THE SPORT!

Comment

If progression means holding events that are 3 ring circuses, damn you guys sure progressed alot. Quit spitting out that same corporate fed bull$hit. You progressed all the way to the dumpster.

Comment

Working...
                              X