what happened to drifting.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what happened to drifting.com

aite, not hating here. this is NOT a flame thread okay?! yeah, good, got that outta the way. before..this used to be a freakin bomba$$ board..and i used to come on this all the time. the people were cool, the subjects were cool, and we talked bout CARS and DRIFTING (as in DRIFTING.COM YEAH??) and people had freakin RESPECT for each other. it crashed a while back, and most of the original people signed back on. including me (i used to be xLiLxLx)..but along with it..a crapload of new people came on too. now im not blamin the new people or anything, but what the helllll happened?? all there is on this board now is hating, flaming, hating, and more hating, and oh, did i mention hating? most of the people on here dont even drive, but that doesnt matter, we all start somewhere right? but what happened to earnestly asking a car question and gettin helpful responses back? all there freakin is now is lets trash this car or slap this person in the face. wtf? admins, please dont delete this thread. i honestly don't understand what happened. i don't really come on here anymore, but i checked up today and i was just sickened by so much disrespect and hate going on. theres all these newbies here with newb questions, and yeah it may get annoying, but im not talking about those. im talkin bout the threads made SPECIFICALLY to biitchtalk. now on to the newbies..i am NOT blaming you in any way. for the people that dont have much experience or dont drive yet, but humble yourselves and admit that you just want to learn, i give you mad props. thanks, we need more guys like you. you guys are gonna be great someday. but for the newbies that talk nothing but trash on others and put other people down and think you're the SHIET..please. get a life ya guys, cmon, seriously. cant you be better than that? dont go so low. dont ruin this board please. it used to be respectable. R E S P E C T whats that word mean anymore? geez. on a sidenote, i thank the guys who've helped me with many of my own stupid questions too, and didnt disregard me cuz im a girl. DriftGirl and me were the original ladies on this board..and we've been treated with respect the whole time, and thanks for that. but what bout everything else? i just wish there was more respect in this board. i read other posts on other boards, and they *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*.talk about drifting.com, but i cant even blame them. cmon guys, dont give this board a bad name. get a life, get over yourselves. grow up. thank you.

Senshi Tenshi,

Please report the negative posts by clicking on the "Report this post to a moderator" link that is located near the bottom right corner of each post so they can be DELETED.

Thank you,

DRIFTING.com

Comment

senshi i agree totally. there have been to many instances of the driftijng people bashing noobs. altho their questions maybe dum at times theres no hurt ion just answering them. why bash them? i see no reason for such an act. i still love this board and its what got me interested in drifting(and initial d heh). if it wasnt for the help of some of the people on this board id be asking what a hachi roku is or arguing that hachi roku means corolla in japanese against sum1 like chas. thanks to them i ahve gained knowledge in drifting.

this board is awesome lets all mak it better for drifting gods and n00bs

Comment

amen Senshi Tenshi...well said

Comment

amen Senshi Tenshi...well said

exactly^

Comment

club4ag had a bunch of jerks. I chewed myself out.

Comment

amen..lol er? yeah but i doubt it made any difference *sigh* let the flamers continue ugh. what a disgrace

Comment

RE:

I agree though. This forum was a bunch more *fun* a few months ago. Now alot of people are probably afraid to post topics in fear that they'll get flammed =\

Comment

as a drifting no0b i'd like to add a post...

wut i'm guessin is all the hating is due to everyone becoming "bandwagon" or whatever...and i wouldn't blame'em...but this is a webboard and webboards are meant for alot of things but the MAIN freakin reason to ask quesitons and anser'em...so wut if the no0b got turned onto drifiting by watching Initial-D at his friends house...they'll be weeded out eventually...i got decided to learn the 'black art' when i got bored of drag racing and highway racing...not to mention the dangers...this bandwagon thing is startin to get out of hand...its to the point where if u start saying "STFU you no0b your just part of the bandwagon." you, yourself are also part of the bandwagon...the bandwagon of ghey...

just my 0.02

Comment

I agree with you 100%. This whole flaming thing has gotten out of control. I liked this site much better when I found it this summer. But those 'n00bs' also get really damn annoying. I hate it when people come in and ask stupid questions or questions that could be very easily answered if they would just take a few minutes to actually look at the board. And I hate it when 12-year-olds come on the board with their über 7331 and type like retarded spider monkeys on crack, like this:

sUp yallz!!!1 i JuST sAw iNitIiAL d aNd noW I <3 DRifTin!!11!! JdM tYtE YAllZ!!!!!11

Comment

Gotta keep postin girlie!! keepin tha peace around here

Ive PMed more than a few people who were fighting here to tell them to 'grow up' . It worked. I had 2 people go back and edit their post. It was big of both to do so.....

I think the OG members who came here first and had the board in a positive direction (and those positive new members as well)should step in (Via PM) when the Flames start up.

Comment

I agree with most of it. I don't want to blame anyone though. We just have to keep our eyes open and help out those admins sometimes. Back when I first joined, I had joined other ones as well, got bashed for asking decent questions and then came back here. I don't like all the hating and American vs. Asian culture stuff, but I don't know. But were always going to have some one new or older on the boards bashing someone else, just let a admin know and we can get rid of the problem.

Comment

you are right,Senshi! I got put down so many times by some people on the board, I am a newbie, but I dont put people down and talk trash to other members, but there are other guys that are always saying something negative to me when I ask a question about a car or drifting, just have to say though this is a good web-site.

Comment

Since you guys seem like the positive crowd in this fourum , here's a question.

I know it's possibele to v-mount and mid-mount sr20s so i wanna know if you can do the same with 6 cylinder engines like the rb engines.

im thinkin of getting a skyline, laurel, or cefiro.
                            and since i'll be a newbie at this, the chances of me messin up the front end is really high, so i wanna mid-mount the intercooler( top mount IS possible, but expensive) so i won't have to worry about it in a crash.

also is it really true that you HAVE to have an aftermarket or bigger intercooler for an aftermarket turbine or to dock a r33 zenki turbo to a rb20

Sorry for the question but i just gotta KNOW

Comment

I agree with the thread in general. But you all have to understand that not everyone is going to agree with what everyone says. So where is the line drawn at flaming? If someone says "that car sucks" do we call that flaming. I don't want to crack down so hard on flaming that we stifle someones right to disagree.

As for New people, I see flaming of them. But I see it mostly from other new people. I for one treat new folks with respect. Firm respect but respect. I expect them to do the same things I do such as looking for answers to questions before asking them. Notice I don't ask many questions, why? cause I find the answers. I answer alot of questions with information I get either from experience, the forum or the net in general. It's simple to do really so it does bother me after the same question is asked for the 10th time because I can go into Google and find the answer usually on the first page of results. So yes I see both sides of the coin. Alot of new people just post a question to have a voice on the forum. Hey you don't have to ask some quick question to have a voice, just post a hello. If you notice the ones who post an intro are usually the ones that get the nicest response. Just pop on and ask some random question to see your type and you get nailed usually. I learned that on a forum. No intro and the fire go-go.

So I have said it once and I will say it a hundred times. New people, LISTEN to what is going on and SEARCH for your own info before just blurting out something. I for one respect someone who comes to me and says "I hear that the 240 is better than the FC to drift because it is easier to control while sliding due to the power curve, is that true", than someone that says "What car should I get, an FC or a 240"? I shows that they have paid attn and at least gave it a halfasss effort rather than wanthing someone else to do the legwork. I would much rather find stuff out on my own than rely on someone elses info that I dont know, can't see and can't even talk to in person. Take what everyone on the forum says after you have found it out yourself and make an intelligent decision.

Comment

Working...
                              X