(Build) 2001 Mustang GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Build) 2001 Mustang GT

Wasn't really sure where to post this. My roomate wanted me to help him post up a build thread of his 01 Mustang. He has had the car for a few years and wanted a place to document his progress. I'll start it off with what we started with.

He bought the car from a mutual friend of ours whose husband had spend time tinkering with the car and had driven it since it was new. It was not in the best shape and had around 190,XXX miles on it. Interesting thing was that it had a 99 Cobra IRS rear suspension system swapped into the car. What was even more interesting was the price, V8, 5spd, IRS all for 2800 bucks. Total Steal!

it needed Paint, a LSD rebuild, suspension bushings, and a racing seat bad. But the car handled pretty good and made enough power to get silly

this is a video shot literally 1 hour after the purchase of the car.
    http://youtu.be/oyD12kPYocA

The rest i'll let him post as i wasn't present for most of the work that has been done since.

For some reason The forum is not letting him post anything. So I'll just post what he was trying to.

Spurge:
    I bought the car back in 2009. The whole car was built as a red-neck, 'Merica, drift *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*/missile car that ended up turning into a really awesome and well developed handling vehicle. It can slide very well well and still run a high 8 mins around the Nurburgring, as well as get me back and forth to work with the a/c still working. Currently the car is with me in Germany, here's a list of crap i've done so far, pics to come...

Engine:
    4.6 SOHC - 280ish hp
    Pypes longtube headers
    Cherry Bomb glasspacks with removable single exit 3" fart cannon to comply with German decible levels. *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* looks funny as *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*
    BBK H-pipe & some kinda German-made exhaust (fart can)
    BBK cold air
    Hypertech "fuel tune" or some *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored*
    212,000 on drivetrain

Drivetrain:
    factory T-45 transmission
    Steeda Tri-Ax short throw shifter
    Independent rear suspension from 1999 Cobra, 29 spline axles
    3.27 final drive
    rebuilt factory Posi-track style LSD, added clutch plates for more lock

Suspension:
    Koni double adjustable struts from SPEED World Challenge car
    Swift 570lb front springs
    helper springs from old blown Toyota Chaser JZX100 Tein's found in dumpster
    Maximum Motorsports coilover kit for Koni's
    Maximum Motorsports camber/caster plates, -2.5 degrees camber +3.5 caster
    Koni single adjustable shocks from SPEED World Challenge car
    H&R 700ish lb. rear *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored* lowering springs
    Maximum Motorsports rear subframe bushings
    Full Tilt Boogie Racing solid rear knuckle bushings, upper and lower
    Full Tilt Boogie poly rear control arm bushings
    Full Tilt Boogie poly differential bushings
    removed rear sway bar completely
    adjusted to -1 degree camber on rear

Chassis:
    1994 Cobra 13" front brakes & calipers, some weird German high temp fluid
    Cobra 11.5" rear brakes
    ghetto as *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* brake cooling ducts made from $65 vacuum cleaner hose
    removed backing plates on spindles for better brake cooling
    Maximum Motorsports full length subframe connectors
    FR500 *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored* 18" replica wheels, $400 eBay specials. spray painted some kinda fluorescent orange that apparently glows in blacklights
    245/40/18 Federal fronts
    265/35/18 Federal rears
    30mm spacers all around for awesome mexiflush look & steering clearance
    Cobra Monaco old-as-*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* seat i got for free, bolted to factory electric adjustable seat rack for extra shittyness
    factory e-brake that doesnt work worth a damn
    Maximum Motorsports clutch pedal kit, adjustable pedal height
    removed various interior *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* that i *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ed up over the years

Comment

Working...
    X