BMI Racing 4 Rotor RX-8 Test Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMI Racing 4 Rotor RX-8 Test Video

Since BMI Unfortunately were not able to run at Long Beach I thought I should post this test video of their 4 Rotor RX-8 testing at Willow Springs with Brian Wilkerson driving just to show that it actually did get sideways at least a few times before the team ran into some last minute problems at LB. Enjoy

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1NxNvWjf-NA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1NxNvWjf-NA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

sounds like its only running on 2 cylinders instead of 4 in the first part of the video.

should be a badass car once its dialed in

Comment

I sure as *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* wanted to see Brian rip that fukker around LB..
      Next time man!!

Comment

sounds like it's running a bit weird. Or is that the rev limiter I'm hearing?

Comment

sounds nasty! see it at ATL?

Comment

it really does not sound right

suspension needs some major tuning as well

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
              it really does not sound right

suspension needs some major tuning as well
              Not all 4 Rotors sound the same. If you listen to Mad Mike's RX-7 and then the Mazda 787B they sound nothing alike. During the test it was running fine but it was down on power a bit because of the fuel map they were running at the time.

Also keep in mind that the video was shot with a $150 Kodak HD flip-style camera..they don't exactly have the best microphones on the planet.

Comment

Yeah, something has to be off with the map

at high RPM it sounds like its starving for fuel and or spark.

Comment

yeah it has to be really down on power since I heard Brian having to clutch kick a few times just to get around one corner. I mean I wouldn't expect that from a FD car.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                    Yeah, something has to be off with the map

at high RPM it sounds like its starving for fuel and or spark.
                    I just talked to the team again and I was incorrect. They actually switched back to the original map when they were testing. The reason why it may sound "off" (besides the microphone not being 100% accurate) is the fact that Brian was only gonig half-throttle when drifting.

This was literally his first time in the car so he did the professional thing and decided to feel it out first instead of jumping in and burrying his foot in the floor pan right away.

Comment

wow. how could you hold back and not go full throttle on a car like that. Takes some serious discipline.

I really want to see a full throttle video!

Comment

Working...
                      X