86 Corolla GTS Hatch Cali.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 86 Corolla GTS Hatch Cali.

A few family member is bugging me to list my car up for sale and see if anyone is interested in it. So I am "testing water" for my car.

The car is very clean, clean and clear title, no accident what so ever. The chassis has 178k miles on it and the engine has a tad bit over 100k miles. I can give you the exact milage for both if needed. I have full service records from 93. The car is pretty stock with only a few things done to it. It's a very durable car, I travel around California in this car with no worrys. The car is fully equipped with all factory options, power windows, tilt, cruise control, power steering, a/c, sunroof, lsd, map light, 2 tone blue color, 4 wheel disc brake, 14in alloy wheels, full size spare, and more. All body panel is straight with very little dings on the door. All body panels are original, showing no fender bender or accident.

Replaced within the last 50k miles(MAJOR items)
    Timing belt
    New Toyota Clutch
    HAVC control
    Master + slave, clutch cylinder
    New Metal Radiator with upper/lower hose and radiator cap
    Valve Cover gasket
    new EGR and Cat coverter
    Toyota Water Pump
    Rear axle and bearing

Maintenance:
    Oil change every 3k or sooner
    Differential fluid change every 3k or sooner
    Tranny Fluid change every 3k or sooner
    Spark plugs + cap/rotor every 15k

Mods:?
    Zenki Rear hatch spoiler
    Sandblasted and painted valve cover (gunmetal gray w/ red lettering)
    Optima redtop battery
    Magnaflow Muffler (old one was badly welded on there by the last muffler shop, so I had this one laying around. I welded it on there and it has a very nice deep tone)
    Modified S2000 antenna
    Hella replica H4 coversion
    Goodridge stainless steel braided brake lines (5pc)

Recently done:
    Rebuild LSD with T3 rebuild kit
    New pinion seal
    Rebuild power steering rack
    Complete Clutch and brake vacum bleed

Exterior:
    The top portion of the car received a new paint job (light blue section). The paint is 2 years old.
    The bottom portion of the car was left alone. It still sports the original sticker on the side of the car. Some part of the bumper is fading, peeling, etc. Some places, mainly the front end of the car has some clear coat coming off. It still looks great over all.
    All molding is there, all trim, mud guard, inner fender, etc. The lip has some scratches from road rashes, etc. Other then that, it is all straight.
    There is no rust on the car, its been in California all its left pretty much. If there is rust, its surface rust on the body from paint chip and its no bigger then your pinky nail. I only found 2 spot and its not bad, just paint chip.

Interior:
    The rear seat had its time with the sun on the upper portion, everything else is great. The driver seat has 1 tear on the vinyl part(see pic) and its dirty because of the age. Its not bad, but you can see it. Everything in the interior is stock and everything is there. Cargo cover, factory radio, OEM cup holder, etc. Its not perfect, but for its age, if very good. Everything on the dash lights up and work properly, everything on the driver seat works. The passenger seat slides forward, so it make people sitting in the back come in and out easily. The dash does have a few cracks, but I do have a blue dash cover for it.

Engine and Drivetrain:
    Was replaced back in 93. The reason being was because the person who changed the oil didn't tighten the drain bolt, so it probably spun a rod bearing. The owner of the time had a shop professionaly put a used engine in there. The engine had 30,000 miles when it was droped in. There is no leak, runs very strong, and don't burn any oil. It idles properly, when started up cold, it idles at a steady 2000 rpm. After warm up, it stays at a steady 900 rpm. It runs, sound, and respond way better then any other bluetop 4age I have ever seen. You can just tell how well its been taken care of. The clutch is still fairly new, since it was replaced no longer then 50k miles ago by Toyota. The tranny does have some little grinding problem when going in gears. Other then that, is very minor and only happen from time to time. The rear end is equipped with a factory LSD. The factory lsd was still pretty good, it still locks up and such, but for its age, it did show the worness. I ordered a T3 rebuild kit and it was professionaly rebuild. A new pinion seal went in also.

Suspension:
    Completely stock. For its age, you can feel that the bushings will need to be renewed. It is pretty normal for all Corolla. Nothing is bent, everything is nice and tight. The shocks are still good, but it would be a good idea to replace them anyways. Nothing unusual or out of place. The brake was recently vacum bleed and it has Goodridge ss braided brake lines all around, this was a big improvement as all stock Corolla lines are old. The car brakes fine, however it could use some new pads and rotors. All wheel studs are there and 4 snowflakes with center caps.

Notes:
    The car IS 18 years old, it is not perfect and I doubt you can find one that will meet every aspect that you want. I don't need to sell, but if the price is right, then I will let it go. I'm open for offers, trades, etc. don't waste your or my time if you don't have any intention of buying it. Thanks and feel free to contact me.

Aim: certifiedasskick
    Email: dunnkevin@sbcglobal.net (my comp. won't let me log into hotmail, so I'm using this email)
    MSN: certified2kickurass@hotmail.com

I have tons of pictures. Email me for them. Email me with offers.
    Last edited by AeBaSupLook; 12-31-2004, 04:28 PM.
Working...
X