Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtt/s 88 mitsubishi Starion esir/shp so cal

2500 obo or trade

I'm interested in trading my Starion for another rear wheel drive car. I've kept these cars since 96 and think it's time for a change of pace. For those that don't know about these cars, they're quite the perfect drift candidate, and best bang out of the box. It is rwd, equipped with 2-way clutch type LSD, intercooled turbo, 4cyl 2.6 SOHC w/ 8 valves= gobs of torque and yes, it's a hemi. For those of you wondering about the "SHP", there were a few models released with the "sport handling package" which came with 16x8 wheels up front, and 16x9's in the rear as opposed to 16x7's and 16x8's for standard ESI-R/TSI models. In addition to the SHP models, they came with adjustable struts which is no longer in the car i have for trade.
    Here are some details
    -Rebuilt 14c turbo from 1st gen eclipse
    -Rebuilt top-end with ~18,000 miles on it
    -KDM OVCP (over the valve cover pipe) Hardpipe with RFL BOV
    -Jet-valves eliminated
    -new U-joints
    -new rear main seal
    -new crank seal
    -hood w/ scoop from 83 models (very freakin rare)
    -"Shotgun style" muffler (friend hooked me up)
    -gutted cat secondary cat (primary downpipe/cat is still installed and intact and passes smog easily)
    -All new belts replaced
    -K&N drop-in filter

the bad...
    -needs some cosmetic work, has one major dent on the passenger lower panel which looks like it can be popped from the inside (i'm too lazy and don't care frankly about the appearance)
    -interior is about a 5/10, but if you're all about functional use for the car like I am, then screw it
    -Needs new TPS (throttle positioning sensor) since it pulls inconsistently at after 97 mph or so
    -Also needs a timing chain kit since this one is starting to rattle every now and then.

-CLEAN TITLE, I have every document needed for new ownership in hand
    -Smog Friendly!
    -Located in West LA and in Redondo Beach

Yes, Starions drift...(compliments from "Smog" on Starquestclub.com)

here's a vid of some ice ring drifting
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-NbAM8dE2g

E-mail me at liberalswine@hotmail.com for more details or trade offers.

--------------------------------
    -94 4dr Teggy(DailyPuller)
    -88 Starion esi-r SHP
    -77 RA24 (1st gen Celica)
Working...
X