FS: 1986 AE86 Corolla Hatchback - Atlanta, GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: 1986 AE86 Corolla Hatchback - Atlanta, GA

I don't know why I never got around to posting this here... BUT... the time has come for me to let my precious little Corolla move on. Words can't express how much I love this li'l car, and it breaks my heart to have to let her go... but the time has come.
    I just acquired a reliable daily-driver that can tow and haul, and I cannot afford to have three vehicles.

I have had this Corolla for over 3 years now. I bought it from a used car dealer off 10th & Northside in Midtown Atlanta.
    The dealer knew nothing about the cars origin, and it did not come with any paperwork except the title.

It is a 5-speed SR-5 lift-back with a 3AC under the hood. The car itself has slightly over 255K on it, although the 3AC currently under the hood is not the original motor. I am unsure the mileage on this motor.

The car was hit at one time (prior to my ownership) at the driver-side rear taillight area. Who ever repaired the damage didn't do the greatest of jobs, but the hatch closes fine, and does not leak.

We rattle-canned the car panda white from its original color of panda red. The paint job is exceptional considering. It is one of the best rattle-can jobs I have seen, and has barely chipped at all - even through hail-storms.

As you can see... the car was painted and stickered to mimic the classic "Shigeno Version" Trueno scheme from the Initial D comic/television series.

The Watanabe/Centerline wheels on the car in the pictures below are for sale separately from the car. The car will be sold with the factory wheels on it, which have brand new tyres on them. If you are interested in the Watanabes or the Centerlines, let me know and we can work something out, but as of now - someone is interested in the Centerlines separate from the car.

I also have an authentic JDM Zenki bumper for the car - identical to the bumper on Takumi's Trueno in Initial D.
    This is only the bumper - no brackets - no indicator lights. If you are interested in this, let me know.

Specs:
    • Brand new Weber 32/36 Progressive carburetor
    • New master cylinder
    • New alternator
    • New Duralast battery
    • New fuel pump
    • New fuel pressure regulator
    • New fuel filter
    • Brand new KYB GR-2 gas shocks
    • Brand new Espelir Active Super Down springs
    • Brand new tyres on the stock rims
    • JDM steering wheel

Extra Specs: (These are for sale seperately)
    • 2 - 15x7" +0 4x114.3 Watanabe Rims w/ Tyres - 195.50.15
    • 2 - 15x7" -5 4x114.3 Centerline Rims w/ Tyres - 195.60.15
    • 2 - 15x8" -5 4x114.3 Centerline Rims w/ Tyres - 195.60.15
    • JDM Zenki front bumper

Pros:
    • Many brand new parts installed (within the last 3 weeks)
    • In amazing shape for a 20 year old car
    • Motor runs strong
    • Dash in great shape
    • Interior is VERY clean and nice
    • No rust on frame or classic rust-points that I can see
    • Gets A LOT of attention from enthusiasts
    • Looks like Takumi's panda Trueno from Initial D
    • Extremely fun to drive
    • AN EXCELLENT CANDIDATE FOR A 20V/GTS CONVERSION

Cons:
    • Minor body imperfections at driver-side taillight
    • Must slam driver-door to close
    • No stereo
    • Belt needs run to A/C pulleys for cold air
    • Carburetor needs some tuning for proper idle
    • One small tear in driver seat
    • Gas gauge does not work

I have done a great deal of upkeep on the car to try and legitimize it as my daily driver. I easily have over $3500 invested in the car (cost of car included). I would love for someone who would take good care & enjoy this little gem to take her home. The car is located on the east coast, in Atlanta, Georgia.

If any of you are interested, let me know ASAP.
    Otherwise, I will be putting the car up on eBay in the next two days.

Asking Price: $2500 OBO

I will update this post with more information as I think of it.

Here are 6 of the most recent pictures I have.
    For more pictures of the car - visit the full gallery at the following URL:
    http://andysapp.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=13

Bump for eBay Listing

Comment

wow, that is one of the nicest Hachi's I've ever seen. Very nice car and a very nice asking price. Its too bad I don't have a job, or I would be on this crazy deal. Very niceride man. good luck with the sale.

Comment

Thanks buddy! It breaks my heart to sell the car... but hopefully it'll end up in the hands of someone who will really enjoy & appreciate this little gem.

Comment

I'm interested in buying this car, how can I get in touch with you?

Comment

How can I get in touch with you?

Comment

The bid is up to $4550... if you are genuinely interested, I will PM you my number.

Comment

For some reason the forum won't let me PM you. Send me a PM with your number, or contact me through my website with it.

Comment

*** UPDATE ***
                  The car has been sold.

Comment

Working...
                  X