Ter-Tech BMW Drift Car for sale, 580rwhp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ter-Tech BMW Drift Car for sale, 580rwhp

Ter-Tech is building a new car and we just don't have the space for all the cars anymore.

Power:
    At a local dyno 550hp @ approx. 4500RPM before tires started spinning on dyno (with 4 people sitting in back for traction and tires rubbing on fenders)

Dyno run at EVOsport in California pulled 580hp and 680lb-ft

Chassis:
    1990 BMW 535i
    All original Steel body
    1-5/8 .095 Chromoly cage, 100% TIG welded, connected to body at A and B pillars.

Suspension and steering:
    All M5 suspension arms and links.
    Bilstein sport coilovers (non-adjustable)
    H&R sport springs
    Custom spindles modified to reduce ackerman angles
    2:1 ratio steering quickener, (1.6 turns lock-to-lock)
    Modified power steering to work with quick-steer

Engine:
    Block:
    BMW M30 3.5L 'Big-block' Inline six
    BMW original forged crankshaft
    Scat forged connecting rods
    Wiseco forged pistons
    ARP head bolts
    ARP main bolts
    ARP rod bolts

Head:

Schrick cam.
    ----Intake: 284duration 10.9mm lift@valve
    ----Exhaust: 280duration 10.8mm lift@valve
    Ter-Tech port job
    Schrick racing valve springs
    VAC racing retainers
    Billet aluminum rocker arms
    BMP 'cutting-ring' style head gasket designed for extreme boost

Induction:

Innovative turbo T04 turbine .81 A/R (comes with .96 A/R also)
    ----T66 compressor 'F1' wheel
    Ter-Tech custom reverse inlet intake manifold
    Ter-Tech custom intercooler
    Ter-Tech custom steel turbo manifold
    Turbonetics 'Racegate' wastegate
    Turbonetics 'Godzilla' blow-off valve

Fuel system:

Accel 83pound low impedance injectors (good for over 800rwhp)
    Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator with gauge
    Twin in-tank Walbro 255liter pumps

Management:

AEM universal racebox w/wideband installed and tuned by EVOsport

Drivetrain:
    Getrag 265 sport gearbox (strongest transmission made for M30 block)
    Tilton OT-II 7.25inch triple plate metallic clutch
    Custom hydraulic throwout bearing and billet adapter
    Custom steel driveshaft based on M5 heavy duty joints.
    Original M5 1.5-way clutch differential (210mm ring gear)
    These can be shimmed and plates added to change lockup however you like

Interior:
    CompBrake professional rally hydraulic handbrake
    Corbeau Racing seats, covered in custom cloth
    Ter-Tech roll cage (see 'chassis' section above)
    5-point harnesses on both seats
    Front door panels lightened and reupholstered to match seats
    Fully functional front power windows
    Rear of car is completely empty
    Rear windows sealed and doors gutted, (doors still open and lock)
    Exterior:
    E39 M5 style FRP body kit
    BMW M-parallel wheels.
    F: 18x8et13 with 25mm spacer
    R: 18x9.5 et25 with 50mm spacer
    Dunlop Z1 Star Spec tires

There is a lot more to this car beyond the specs though. Interested buyers should know that this car has undergone a continuous process of development since it was first transformed from street car to drift car in early 2004. A lot of hard work has gone into this car over the years from almost everyone who worked at or drove for Ter-Tech. It is probably the most highly developed car you can purchase anywhere near this price range and yet it is competitive against much more expensive cars. This car has competed successfully at the pro level and it is still easy to work on and easy to find parts for. I am one of a few people other than Harri who have driven this car with most of the current setup and I can say without hesitation that this car could take almost anyone to the top.

Before 2007 the car ran stock BMW engines with simply ported heads and low compression gaskets. This worked ok, but the stock valvetrain couldnt withstand high revs with high boost, and eventually the pistons couldn't take it either. The car went through 3 motors before the team built the current motor which has held up great for 2 years with no issues.

The car features a 108inch (2743mm) wheelbase which is great for high speed drifting, is very controllable, but is not so big it becomes cumbersome. The current M3 for example is built on a 108.7inch wheelbase. Sam Hubinette's charger by comparison, is a 120inch wheelbase!

This also makes the car a great machine for the beginner-intermediate level driver looking to get into a car that isn't difficult to drive, yet with experience can be tossed around and is nimble enough to keep up with the best.

Ter-Tech campaigned this car in the NOPI pro drift series in 2007 and it did mostly pro-level demos in 2008

So what could be done to make the car better?

1-The engine could use a solid tune by someone who has good experience with AEM. It was originally tuned by EVOsport, but after changing the cam and turbo we could never get it tuned as nicely as they did.

2-The body is still all steel, some carbon and fiberglass parts could drop the weight significantly. Current weight is roughly 3000pounds wet without driver. Fiberglass doors, carbon hood and trunk, sheetmetal removal and lexan windows could put the car in the 2700pound range or even lighter. Making this car competitive with the best drift machinery out there.

3-Better suspension. The car drives incredibly well in almost any conditions, but a fully adjustable coilover suspension system would make the car more tune-able for individual tracks or the drivers tastes. As it is right now, the car is relatively soft compared to some drift cars, but that means it puts the power down very well, and regularly sets fastest entry speed, as well as working excellent on bumpy surfaces such as parking lots or rough tracks.

4-Full racing transmission. The sport Getrag 265 is the stongest transmission that will bolt to the M30 BMW six, but since the car makes over 700lb-ft of torque and uses a triple plate clutch, it is still possible to break things when clutch kicking. The solution is either don't clutch kick, or upgrade to a full dog-engaged racing gearbox.

Ter-Tech will be happy to assist and advise the buyer on proper maintenance and service for the car.

Car also includes a spares package!! :
    2 Extra rear wheels
    M5 differential
    2 M5 axles
    2 M5 rear trailing arms
    1 extra head
    1 extra rear bumper

There is roughly $10,000 in the engine alone on this car! To replicate this car would cost over $20,000 and that's if you do most of the work yourself. Here is the chance to have a pro competition car that has no teething problems, ready-to-race for a fraction of what it will cost to build the same thing yourself. At the same time you are purchasing a piece of US Drifting history!

Serious inquiries only please. PM me or call Ter-Tech, ask for Harri.

Contact info available at www.TER-TECH.com

Pictures:

Videos:

YouTube - 2007 nopi drift comp

YouTube - Moroso Drift Meet 9/2 325i Harri's Car

YouTube - Ter Tech BMW and Dado's BMW intro at Nopi dirft 07

YouTube - Octane TV - Drift Scene - NOPI LA Harri Tervola

I love drifting.com

bro dont take this the wrong way but i just and i mean i just registered to this forum...and the funny thing was that i ran into it by mistake and i came here perhaps hopeing for some answers cause i have a 1990 535 bmw...and let me tell you...me running into this thread is a wett dream for me right now...WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

wow

i have a 1990 535 bmw...need i say more....lol...wow

Comment

Working...
      X