Is it possible to drift a FF car????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
    I personally don't care. I don't drift FF, AWD or MR. do RWD. But to say that FWD cannot Drift is just plain stupid. Anything can Drift and that's the simple fact.
    Probably because drifting in the states has grown in popularity over the last couple of years, but also the US seems to be FWD crazy nowadays...and people cannot drive for *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* (in CA at least) so they need cars that won't easily lose control if they push it too hard hence the FWD setup.....but hay I drive an Accord and have started learning to drift, but iono FF drifting doesn't really blow my skirt up....

Comment

Originally posted by reds13
      funny video of little FF cars drifting its all side braking but eh they do some sweeping turns
      http://www.geocities.com/vaprtrail3/FFdrift.asf
      too bad the subaru rex is 4wd, not ff ...i wanna get an 03 scooby in florida and go play in the mud

Comment

Originally posted by ramoneguru
        Probably because drifting in the states has grown in popularity over the last couple of years, but also the US seems to be FWD crazy nowadays...and people cannot drive for *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* (in CA at least) so they need cars that won't easily lose control if they push it too hard hence the FWD setup.....but hay I drive an Accord and have started learning to drift, but iono FF drifting doesn't really blow my skirt up....
        Did he just say most Americans can't drive for sh!t?

Personally I would hate for FF drifting to suceed traditional FR and rwd drifting. You know ricer companies and big business would push anything for the almighty dollar. Not that it'd ever happen but before drifting blew up in the states there wasn't much an issue of FF Drifting, hardly anyone gave a fuk. I respect what kyle does but I don't want to see a billion ricer kiddies going out in their mom's civic trying to imitate Initial D and the D1 guys. That'd just ruin things for us.

There were always guys who did the FF Drift but it never got much attention and it was often called a$$-dragging. Sh!t gets twisted when it blows up in the US, somebodys always trying to Americanize somethin. lol!
        Last edited by nightracer; 01-05-2004, 10:35 AM.

Comment

FF not faster than FR in drifting.

Now my .02

I dont think FF can surpass FR. I've Power-Slide FF before (notice i did not use "drifting) and let me tell you, The Speed and RPM drops DRAMATICALLY even though you step on the gas. FF cannot slide farther than an FR. I mean, you can slide it just for a couple of feet. But how about clearing a wide hairpin? I've tried this in a wide space and it ends up being just a 180 turn. Not a full hairpin. Did anyone else cleared a WIDE hairpin with an FF car before?

Note: Im not flaming FF. Not my style. Just telling you my own experience.

Comment

I tried to clear a rather wide hairpin and I never came out right. It was my first time trying to slide through a hair pin in an FF so obviously I didn't do well. I took it about 10 times and only a few times did I make progress.

Keep in mind that my FF car doesn't have any suspension mods. I couldn't exactly enter it with much oversteer because it was so wide that I would have slid into the apex or off the road. I tried it, numberous times the car plowed, spun or veered off the road no matter what I did, and I'm not an unskilled driver. I could only enter and induce oversteer before or at the apex and hold the slide for a bit. I eventually got the entrance down but when I got to the apex I plowed. I used a feint motion and still got the same results.

I tried left foot braking, counter steering, lifting and stomping, correcting the angle with the e-brake, steering nothing could be done to exit correctly. After about 10 or so passes I got the car to exit half way decent. Well it wasn't my idea of an exit because FF cars straighten out at the apex. I was expecting to cary the slide from entry to exit. That wasn't the case the car basically gripped and came out straight everytime after apex and a few times spun out after the exit. The spins resulted from me trying too hard to cary the slide through the exit of the turn which I had no momentum for. I've drifted that same turn in my 944 100s of times at 40-50mph and had no problems. I usually clutch kick or feint drift around it.

Yea FF is not my style.

Comment

You should see me with the PT.....

Comment

Working...
              X