X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cavi Mike
    replied
    Wow this is an old thread.

My current car? $600. Factory acid with a straight diet.

Leave a comment:

• jefferz
    replied
    i have over 8 grand in my car at least

fully caged ready to drift. ready to tandem
    i dont have a legit set of rims or a legit paint job

i did the cage and all the work myself so i can only imagine what it would of cost if some else did the cage and what not.

Leave a comment:

• ProjectD
    replied
    my fc was bought for 650$ not running. I got it running with the original engine. waiting till it blows so i can get a 13BT. With all the mods i'd say maybe 1100$

With Genuine TRUST and Tanabe Stuffs.

and yea, i drift the crapolla outta it.

Leave a comment:

• grift
    replied
    my car

1990 240sx--300 dollars . For 300 bucks you get a shelll -blown engine blown suspension , tore up interior and dents galore. I have put about 7 large into it just to get it to run and go down the road (well technically it will be a few more weeks til it is up and running-need a few parts yet and it keeps snowing hereG). a body kit, paint and wheels is about 3000 more. i also do all the work myself. What i cannot do I have a lot of friends and they all have there own talents (paint, wiring, body, etc) . this saves huge amounts of cash 7gs is basically full suspension (coilover, hard mounts, bushings, sway bars etc) motor sr20 and all the normal bolt ons (intake exhaust, downpipe etc). and interior two seats (500 dollars - sparco sprint) clutch-500 lsd-800. I also had to part out my other car I worked on for about 4 years to help pay for it. my old pos FWD american car can be found at
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/484488. hopefully the 240 will be well worth throwing away my old project--what am I talking about of course it will i mean it is RWD-any car that is RWD or AWD is worth 3 FWDs. My opinion anyway--

Leave a comment:

• emission
    replied
    Originally posted by GoukiS14
    oh to reply to the older posts.... some shops are able to get the Neovas..... I don't think emission has been looking at this post....
    I'm in about under 4 to get my FD running so I spent about 6000 to get a running FD =) w/ a clean title (supposedly)
    Oh sorry about the long reply, Some shops down here can get them like JDM pro. Or you can do it the easy way and have a friend call his mom in japan to send some AD07 Néovas over. I'd like to get some A038R. I hope this clears everything up "EO?"

these tires are awesome great for touge. they will never see drifting.
    Last edited by emission; 03-16-2004, 06:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ma71supraturbo
    replied
    When all is said/done, about $11,000 including the car. A good chunk of that money was spend fixing rather than modding though, hard to find a used car that's been taken care of...

[img]http://207.142.134.83/*moonlance.com/web_users/JeffG/bigrock.jpg[/img]
    Apologies for the water spots -- it was foggy/misting

[img]http://207.142.134.83/*moonlance.com/web_users/JeffG/rightground.jpg[/img]

[img]http://207.142.134.83/*moonlance.com/web_users/JeffG/left_rear.jpg[/img]

Wheels/Suspension/Brakes:

235/40/17 Michelin Pilot Sports on 17X8" MKIV tt wheels up front
    205/60/15 Yokohama AVS AV1-60s on 15X7" Ford Mustang steelies in the back

HKS hipermax II's on all 4 corners (springs = way too soft, strongly discourage this for serious use) -- JIC 18kg/10kg linear springs coming soon

Ebay Front Strut Bar

Goodridge SS brake lines, Motul Fluid, stock pads/rotors

Engine/Drivetrain:

stock 3.9 LSD, stock R154, stock clutch

Intake/exhaust, slightly upgraded turbo, HKS bov, profec A, fluidyne and MHG/arp bolts etc -- ~300-350hp at 10-14psi (depending on the mood).

Weight Reduction:

home-made fiberglass hood, and 90% gutted car with corbeau racing seat, no AC, no cruise, no radio etc. It last tipped the scales at 3050lbs, but that was before the 5spd swap and coilovers -- shooting for 2950lbs once I cut out some of this extra wiring and clean up a few more loose ends

85,000 miles on the chassis; <15,000 on the engine/turbo and most mods

Leave a comment:

• GoukiS14
    replied
    oh to reply to the older posts.... some shops are able to get the Neovas..... I don't think emission has been looking at this post....
    I'm in about under 4 to get my FD running so I spent about 6000 to get a running FD =) w/ a clean title (supposedly)

Leave a comment:

• 180onthebricks.
    replied
    !

so u got more stuff layin around?

Leave a comment:

• driftxtreem
    replied
    Well lets see for my Sileighty I got the car for a 2jz I had laying around. It came with a ca1800det. Totaly crap Jic coilovers. Took the fronts off and threw them away and dropped in a set of Teins I had laying around.
    Then I droped in a Blitz SBC Boost controler I had from My race car.
    A tower bar from a wrecked 180.
    Rear wing I got given to me.
    A Jessy James 44 cal. Shifter nob that APC gave me for the rice effect.
    A drift spin knob off the yahoo auction for $10.
    A tanabe 4 inch exaust from a wrecked car.
    The front clip off of a car this chick gave to me.
    About $100 for the paint.
    Oh and a dameno ningen sticker and some Espelier D1 speck lug nuts I got at the last U.S. D1 for helpin them out.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• chiech65
    replied
    I guess this is a good time to actually sit down and count how much money I spent on the car:
    Initial parts 2nd day I got it from my dealer:

Apexi intake
    AP Front Brake Rotors
    Yokohama Neova's for the Front
    Cusco Strut tower Bar
    Blow-off valve cut
    Defi Boost gauge
    Yashio Factory Front Pipe
    Yashio Factory Turbo outlet pipe
    HKS Hipermax II
    HKS EVC IV Boost Controller
    Total: $4000

Later addons:
    Nismo Fuel Pump w/adaptor $500
    Nismo Catalyzer $700
    Nismo Coppermix clutch w/flywheel $600
    Nismo 550CC injectors $500
    Endless Brake Pads $200
    Z32 MAF w/Apexi racing suction kit $500
    Yashio Factory Y can exhaust $150
    Yashio Factory Manifold $800
    Yashio Facotry Radiator $500
    HKS GT-RS turbine $1500
    Tomei Cams $650
    Rocker Arm Stopper
    Nismo Front and Rear Link Arms with bushings $1200

I guess the total is $12 thousand
    DAMN No wonder I got no money !!!!

I paid 18 thou for the car initially it already had Apexi Head gasket, Greddy intercooler and an RSR exhaust. I swapped out the exhaust later down the road.

Last edited by chiech65; 03-11-2004, 05:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• twcfc3s
    replied
    around of 5800 less to finish my ride...

and a few apc stickers . tha stickers rule couse they are like flamming stuff!!!

wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhh!!!

its getting hot in here...!!!

Leave a comment:

• HasNoTiresLeft
    replied
    heh Paid $2,500 for my stock S13... lookin to swap the engine for a SR20DET... that should be about 1,500 to 2,000... Few other mods im lookin to spend about 8 or 9 thousand...

Leave a comment:

• mudduck3006
    replied
    well for my beloved s-12 it cost me the grand total of nothing well it did caome with a blown engine that had no oil pressure it caught fire if you cranked it too long and smelled like nasty stank funk but i loved it till the engine blew through the hood that was something though good ol 20sx i will miss thee since its had sever structral dramge as well (my bad ) but im gonna post some pics of the death of s-12 soon it might come off as fillipant but i do miss my car

Leave a comment:

• driftaholic
    replied
    re:

ok here is the list thus far...

^^thats a pic of her without the exhaust and lookin like *Censored**Censored**Censored* lmao oh yeah no springs there either

anyways
    here is the list thus far:
    the POS its self: 1150
    front lip: free (traded for a extra rear bumper)
    oil pump: $50
    fan clutch: $45
    engine: $300 (the old one blew at the drift event in tampa)
    Tanabe Springs: $1100(folloowing are included)
    APEXi N1 Catback: "
    Tanabe Rear Strut Bar: "
    Cusco Front Strut Bar: "
    Rear Struts: "
    NGK Plugs: "
    NGK Plug Wires: "
    Rotora AXXIS Brake Pads: "
    S14 Mesh Wheels: $250

And keep in mind now that this all happened in about a week and a half and i got the car about 3 weeks ago

soon to come:
    5 speed conversion: 750
    sr20 swap: 2400
    custom roll cage: however much materials cost
    just found out that i have an estimated 6k in suspension that is going to be done in about 3 months
    various other stuff and i KNOW for a fact i will blow my engine again shortly

dont have any NEW pics of her but i will shortly like in about 3 or 4 days
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mudduck3006
    replied
    hey dont be hating on your own ride man you should see my buddys gts its covered in grime or was till i attacked it with the powerwasher and purple soap now it shinning he looked really sad after i did that though. be proud of that car its not ghetto its old school low tech son

Leave a comment:

Working...
X