ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"DRIFT TRUCK" Im gonna Do It!!! Goods and Bads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
    Enough of the fake rough-translation garbage. Seriously.
    But griefing is so fun.

Comment

• Told you guys I'd start cracking on the photoshop. My skills aren't great, so don't rag me too much.

There were no blueprints or model kits to use to get a side view, so I had to use this as my base.

I leveled the body out and created an outline of the truck, then laid out the background color of the truck, then the foreground color/stripe, the did a pinstripe at the top of the white foreground. It's a scheme similar to what my dad did in his Datsun Pickup, except where mine is that dark grey his was a bright red.

I think I need to tweak the bed and front fender to better mimic the way Nissan did it. This is just to give an idea of the paint scheme and it will evolve to better reflect the final design.

Comment

• A tool that will make this kinda work much easier on you, AutoCAD.

One change that would be pretty sweet looking would be fender mirrors.

Comment

• Originally posted by eomund240 View Post
          A tool that will make this kinda work much easier on you, AutoCAD.

One change that would be pretty sweet looking would be fender mirrors.
          I'd love to have AutoCAD, but I don't have that kind of money.

What is visibility like with fender mounts? I'm blacking out the rear window and putting a design on it, so I won't have a interior rear view mirror.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justin Banner View Post
            I'd love to have AutoCAD, but I don't have that kind of money.

What is visibility like with fender mounts? I'm blacking out the rear window and putting a design on it, so I won't have a interior rear view mirror.
            To be perfectly honest, not very good. (there's always torrents )

Comment

• Originally posted by eomund240 View Post
              (there's always torrents )
              No comment.

Comment

• SlideRoadster, did you start working on the car yet?
                Well, I think for the rear suspension you should have a higher rear end with, stiff but not to stiff with weight that is keeping it down so you can get some traction on those rear wheels to keep you going forward, beacuse with the rear so light weight even a limited slip differaintial can't help you much. The front should be a stiff/soft more stiff suspension. Both sides should have sway bars, but I think keeping the truck low is also good, the rx-7 suspension is alright, but it wont look as great and plus you won't be able to put weight in the rear so you can get traction.

Justin Banner,like the drawing you got photoshop skill, but why grey and white?? I like white and BLACK with racing flag coming off were you got those rainbow colors, would look more eye appeling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justin Banner View Post

Well, what you think about this Justin?

Comment

• There is a guy from NEdrift.com,who drifts a mini truck all the time.He's in alot of videos..Go check it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheesy586 View Post
                      Well, what you think about this Justin?

That's not bad looking. I've also been thinking about a BRE style design.

I wasn't trying to use gray as the truck is not quite black. The color you used is very close.

If I can get a local AB/INBEV distributor to sponsor me (and my radio show), I may go for a Budweiser Select or Michelob Amber Bock color scheme (and be my $2009 Challenge Concours bribe ).

Comment

• Thats a sweet plan.
                        I couldn't make it any darker beacuse then it would look too flat and would look like the hood, fender, center panel all are one big peice, would look dumb, its hard to get black and then put some design into the black.

Comment

• Now this is a drift truck:
                          http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=SplnNf...eature=related

Comment

Thats a sweet plan.
                            I couldn't make it any darker beacuse then it would look too flat and would look like the hood, fender, center panel all are one big peice, would look dumb, its hard to get black and then put some design into the black.
                            Yeah, black is hard to work with on the computer. Here is a "BRE510" scheme.

BTW, the copper color is going to reflect the velocity stacks that I'm going to make out of copper tubing.
                            Last edited by Justin Banner; 01-10-2009, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• Looks awesome,
                              But what about the suspension of the truck? What kind of suspension is he going to install beacuse thats a major role in this sport.

Comment

Looks awesome,
                                But what about the suspension of the truck? What kind of suspension is he going to install beacuse thats a major role in this sport.
                                Stuck with what I've got for this year since I'm doing the Grassroots Motorsports $2009 Challenge (and thus why this is Phase One). The front end uses torsion bars while the rear is still leaf spring. If I can get it to fit my budget, I'm going to install a Panhard Bar. I'm also going to lower it 2" in the front and 3" in the rear. If I get this Pathfinder front end, I'll be using it's front sway bar, as well. I'm staying with 15" wheels, but will have a 195/50 tire for show and either a 215 or a 205 tire (or have both and do a 205 front/215 rear stagger) for the drag and the autocross portion of the challenge.

After the Challenge is over, Phase Two will begin, with a coil over and a rear three-link with Panhard bar suspension conversion. It will use two lower links and have a Torque Arm (think of the last generation of the Camaro, but a thicker, better Torque Arm). This is the phase to get the Hardbody to perform as well as or better than an E30 M3, a high goal that I feel is reachable.

Comment

Working...
                                X