X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sil180sx
    replied
    Originally posted by CRASHDRIVE
    Well....probably people already know this, but...

Im working on drifting @ the braking point. or atleast half way before entering the turn.

the average drift, starts off on or after the apex point.
    So that's what im working on right now.
    umm... actually that would be a powerslide and what do you mean by average drift? average for americans that are still learning? you HAVE to be sideways before the turn.... if not you will just understeer right into the curb or wall.

oh yea im working on connecting

Leave a comment:

• GRiDRaceTech
    replied
    I'm still working on making my rev-matching as perfect as possible so the car's balance isn't disrupted. I even fabbed up a brake pedal extension to make heel-toeing much better. Still working on how much angle in terms of perpendicularity to the floor is ideal.

Aside from that, I'm still working on my grip first and foremost. I mess with different apexes on different corners and try to use pretty much every inch of my lane. There's this one corner where I consider a good apex to be brushing the side mirror against the leaves of a bit of shrubbery as I pass.

Once I get the VLSD, I'll probably go out somewhere and just try to get used to losing traction.

Leave a comment:

• CRASHDRIVE
    replied
    Well....probably people already know this, but...

Im working on drifting @ the braking point. or atleast half way before entering the turn.

the average drift, starts off on or after the apex point. But majority of the people need to know that, a drift must be initiated before the turn.

So that's what im working on right now.

Leave a comment:

• Parry
    replied
    cars are expendable

left foot braking is my current thing...

Leave a comment:

• jasonaries
    started a topic What's your current learning focus?

What's your current learning focus?

What skill or technique are each of you learning at the moment?

I have no intention of making another heel & toe thread, but I happen to be still working on that. I decided to practice doing it while downshifting in a straight line or slower corners until I get better at it. Skipping from 5th or 4th down to 2nd seems to be easier for me than heel/toeing down each gear. And heel/toeing seems to be gratuitous while doing this wimpy practice routine because it sounds cool but is not critical to shaving off seconds in daily driving.

I'm also adjusting to driving in the higher RPM bands - something I didn't need to explore as much with endurance driving. I'm finding that it takes a bit of concentration to deviate from my endurance driving habits after so long on the mission to "NOT BREAK THE CAR."

So, those are two things I'm working on.
Working...
X