Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scse12977
    replied
    well I suppose you could call me crazy. im working on tandem. oh yea. tandem on the touge. BUT we are crazy. and drive ALOT. that and getting used to black ice. never know when its gonna pop up! muahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

-Krazy White Guy.

Leave a comment:

• dizguy
    replied
    Originally posted by nedinic
    yea im 16 lol just got full license when you drive around thinkking about drifting, its kinda scary...to tell the turth but ill try soon + its my mom's car and im messing that up....

back on topic..

Your 16 and have your full license? where do you live lol

Leave a comment:

• GRiDRaceTech
    replied
    Now that I've got some encouragement, (7th out of 25 at my last event) my focus is angle and not spinning as much. (If I hadn't have spun during the first round of competition, I could've placed in the top three) I can hold long drifts fairly easily, but linked drifts are still a black art to me. I'm smooth and know the racing line. My real weakness is my lack of sideways experience, only about three and a half hours.

Leave a comment:

• Buddyworm
    replied
    Right now I'm working on heel-toe and braking. I haven't had a chance to throw the car sideways yet though. Mostly because I lack a good parking lot without curbs that I have to worry about.

B-Wurm

Leave a comment:

• Ender_Zero
    replied
    im learning mostly high speed drifting right now. ive been scared to do it for a while just because of the curbs ive hit in the past trying it out. i can do low speed corners just fine, but anything over 65mph and i usually end up using grip.
    right now im at a stand still in my learning process due to the fact that i broke half of my cars suspension on a 60mph left hander and my right front tire blew out sending me straight into a storm drain. also working on my 5 lug swap.

Leave a comment:

• GRiDRaceTech
    replied
    Originally posted by malcolm
    Dude, why wouldn't you make an extension for the gas-pedal?
    I did that too.

After my drift day, I have to say that not tank-slapping is my new focus.

Leave a comment:

• nedinic
    Guest replied
    yea im 16 lol just got full license when you drive around thinkking about drifting, its kinda scary...to tell the turth but ill try soon + its my mom's car and im messing that up....

back on topic..

Leave a comment:

• 93180sxredtop
    replied
    im working on left foot breaking like perry

Leave a comment:

• Craftsman
    replied
    Mine is learning the traction circle in kart cars. I suck...

I know the line and the technique. I ran 28s when my friends all ran 25s...

Matt.

Leave a comment:

• EVL-TE
    replied
    Practising my wet-weather braking drift at the moment due to my LSD being half-worn, it's easier to drift properly in the wet, heel-toe, how much to counter-steer and when, initiating high speed drifts and initiating drift "before" the turn.

Need to replace my front shocks though, kinda bad when the car floats around.

Leave a comment:

• SaintDrift
    replied
    I'm learning mechanical things as of right now. I just ordered tuning software for my E-Manage. My car decided to take a crap. I'm thinking about just ripping the turbo off and seeing if it runs. I'm almost positive it's my piggyback though. From what I learned, during the first 180 seconds of a coldstart, the ECU is in closed-loop, which means it's taking no sensor readings or limited sensor readings. That's when the piggyback is able to act on the ECU. At first I thought something was wrong with my o2 sensors.

Leave a comment:

• jasonaries
    replied
    re: to stuff...

RE: trying to keep license.

Yeah, I try to "throttle" my speeding tickets to limit them to 1 every 18 months. I'm long overdue. I'm surprised that in recent weeks I didn't get busted at least once.

Re: DMV

I'm lucky - there's a DMV office in a small town near where I work. I routinely make it in and out during my lunch hour. I just modify lunch to be from 11 - 12, instead of 12 to 1.

Re: not having enough money

Yeah, I'm attempting to upgrade my fleet and shortcut the time it takes to improve my collection by selling my gold SR-5 to purchase another GTS. I give it a 10% chance that both transactions will go down, but I thought I'd try.... So, I know the feeling of not having enough money to do everything at once. Wish I could just buy the GTS and be done with it.
    Last edited by jasonaries; 09-15-2004, 11:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• malcolm
    replied
    I even fabbed up a brake pedal extension to make heel-toeing much better.
    Dude, why wouldn't you make an extension for the gas-pedal? You never put more than about 30 lbs of force on the throttle, but you can three times that on your brake pedal (or more if your power-booster happened to fail). I always went the uber-cheap way by simply bending the throttle pedal over towards the brake so it's nice and close.

Leave a comment:

• Craftsman
    replied
    Originally posted by Velvet
    My current learning focus is realizing that "Playstation Drifting" is not real. When I get a car, I'm just gonna practice driving without thinking much like I could in PS2 lol. If I wanna get sideways its doughnuts in a parking lot so I can feel more comfortable when the tail end gets out when I do move on to drifting...
    Hey, man... Playstation is where I learned how to drive... I learned the racing line, entrance speeds, passing, etc... There are so many things that are better learned in simulation than in reality... And I learned that I will suck at driving no matter how much I try (some people just driver better than others).

Matt.

Leave a comment:

• Velvet
    replied
    My current learning focus is realizing that "Playstation Drifting" is not real. When I get a car, I'm just gonna practice driving without thinking much like I could in PS2 lol. If I wanna get sideways its doughnuts in a parking lot so I can feel more comfortable when the tail end gets out when I do move on to drifting...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X