• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1GP (Dec. 16-17th,2006) Irwindale CA

D1 GRAND PRIX WORLD FINALS

DECEMBER 16TH WORLD FINAL COMPETITION

DECEMBER 17TH ALL STAR EXHIBITION

IRWINDALE SPEEDWAY, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES

At last! The motorsport event of the new century! The United States, land of the free, home of the brave and the epicenter of everything drift for this upcoming year. Drifters, drift enthusiasts, and newcomers to this sport, be prepared for the gathering of the world's best and talented tail sliders on an epic worldwide scale. This up coming December 16th/17th we are excited to bring you the most intense round of professional drifting at the legendary Couse of Drift・Irwindale Speedway. Hold on! This is not just any D1 event, this time we bring you the D1 GRAND PRIX WORLD FINALS. In an amazing and heart-pounding 2 days, we bring you a clash of the titans between the world's kings of sideways. Tires will be shredded, body kits will be mangled, driver's egos will be destroyed, and yes there will be cars trying to fight the on-going losing battle against the Concrete wall・ 100 of the world's best drifters from the entire world including Japan, United States of America, England, Ireland, Australia, Belgium, Greece, France, Spain, China, Malaysia & Korea will rendezvous in the battlegrounds of Irwindale Speedway to duke it out. Who will emerge the victor? At a D1 event of these proportions, no one can truly be sure of the outcome. WE ARE NOT SATISFIED JUST YET! As soon as the dust clears from Saturday's battle, we will once again bring you another world scale competition in the D1 ALL STAR EXHIBITION match. Your favorite drifters from around the globe will do it ONE MORE TIME and compete head to head in the most fierce competition while at the same time entertain the audience with their wild antics and show off their skills with a display of the legendary D1 formation runs. This is the event that will surely propel drifting to the scale of a worldwide motor sport; so don't miss this rare opportunity to see the best of the best all compete at one location. HISTORY WILL BE MADE! See you in sunny California in December!

Originally posted by INFO
    D1 GRAND PRIX WORLD FINALS

DECEMBER 16TH WORLD FINAL COMPETITION

DECEMBER 17TH ALL STAR EXHIBITION

IRWINDALE SPEEDWAY, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES

At last! The motorsport event of the new century! The United States, land of the free, home of the brave and the epicenter of everything drift for this upcoming year. Drifters, drift enthusiasts, and newcomers to this sport, be prepared for the gathering of the world's best and talented tail sliders on an epic worldwide scale. This up coming December 16th/17th we are excited to bring you the most intense round of professional drifting at the legendary Couse of Drift・Irwindale Speedway. Hold on! This is not just any D1 event, this time we bring you the D1 GRAND PRIX WORLD FINALS. In an amazing and heart-pounding 2 days, we bring you a clash of the titans between the world's kings of sideways. Tires will be shredded, body kits will be mangled, driver's egos will be destroyed, and yes there will be cars trying to fight the on-going losing battle against the Concrete wall・ 100 of the world's best drifters from the entire world including Japan, United States of America, England, Ireland, Australia, Belgium, Greece, France, Spain, China, Malaysia & Korea will rendezvous in the battlegrounds of Irwindale Speedway to duke it out. Who will emerge the victor? At a D1 event of these proportions, no one can truly be sure of the outcome. WE ARE NOT SATISFIED JUST YET! As soon as the dust clears from Saturday's battle, we will once again bring you another world scale competition in the D1 ALL STAR EXHIBITION match. Your favorite drifters from around the globe will do it ONE MORE TIME and compete head to head in the most fierce competition while at the same time entertain the audience with their wild antics and show off their skills with a display of the legendary D1 formation runs. This is the event that will surely propel drifting to the scale of a worldwide motor sport; so don't miss this rare opportunity to see the best of the best all compete at one location. HISTORY WILL BE MADE! See you in sunny California in December!
    sounds exciting!! I'll be there

Comment

I think I read in a recent mag that JGTC and D1 are doing a joined thing again..at fontana

Comment

Originally posted by AaronConklin
        I think I read in a recent mag that JGTC and D1 are doing a joined thing again..at fontana
        i haven't heard anything at all about that. it would take the better part of a year to plan for JGTC to come back over here, and I'm pretty sure it's too late this year for it to happen.

you may have been reading the playboy article, which was written during the D1 / jgtc collaboration in 2004

Comment

no....<_< too young for that crap..I guess I misread something, though I remember seeing it in a recent either modified or super street...whatever....I didnt think it made too much sense either when I read it..

Comment

December 13th Wednesday
            Gate Opens at 9:00am
            Open Practice for Participants: No General Spectators
            There will be a fee of $150.00 for whoever that wants to practice this day.

December 14th Thursday
            Practice Day and Driver Search
            Driver Search takes place between 5pm-7pm

December 15th Friday
            Gate Opens at 10:00am for General Spectators
            Qualifying Session starts at 1:00pm
            Gate close at 5pm

December 16th Saturday
            D1 Grand Prix Series Final
            Gate Opens at 9:00am for everybody
            Single run for top 32~32 drivers
            Best 16 Tsuiso Round
            Best 8, Best 4 and Final
            10:00am Practice for Qualified drivers
            12:00pm Half time, Pit Walk, Autograph Session
            3:00pm Opening Ceremony
            4:00pm Single Run starts
            5:00pm Best 16 Tsuiso Round
            7:00pm Award Ceremony

December 17th Sunday
            D1GP World All Star 06 Final
            Gate opens at 9:00am for everybody
            Best drifters from across the world will gather to compete with each other: drivers will be invited from Japan, US, England, Malaysia, New Zealand and China.
            11am: Practice
            1pm: Media Conference
            2pm: Opening Ceremony
            3pm: Single run starts
            5pm: Best 16 Tsuiso Round
            7pm: Award Ceremony

Comment

Working...
            X