X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• akuma S14
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian View Post
    *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* everybody that calls it drift racing.

ASB or bust.
    I could not agree more. They might as well call it total crap racing.

Leave a comment:

• Brian
    replied
    *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* everybody that calls it drift racing.

ASB or bust.

Leave a comment:

• akuma S14
    replied
    OH WOW! Drift Racing!!!!!! New Format!
    Upgrade your drifting system! New and improved formula - now with 20% more stupid.

I love to see D1 USA continue to step on their own nuts....

Leave a comment:

• Formula D
    replied
    “With our new management team in place, we decided to focus all of our initial efforts on two main objectives. The first was to make the events more appealing and accessible to local, out of town and new entry level fans. The second was to deliver a new high impact state-of-the-art racing experience that will define the future of drift racing in the United States ,” said Rich Goodwin, President of D1USA.

Drift racing? New format?

Leave a comment:

• OldSkool510
    replied
    Originally posted by akuma S14 View Post
    Actually it is possible to lay down asphalt on the field - it is the same thing they do for supercross. There have been a few events in China that have used Gary McKinney's formula for this exact plan. I won't go into detail on how it is done.... but I will tell you that it is possible.
    I didn't say that it was impossible. I just don't think it would be po$$ible for
    D1GP to afford the costs of doing it. I go to the Supercross every year at Anaheim Stadium, which seats about 50,000 and it's completely filled to capacity. A drifting event would attract only about 10-15,000. It just doesn't make good financial sense.

Leave a comment:

• akuma S14
    replied
    Originally posted by OldSkool510 View Post
    There is no way this event will be inside the stadiums! What are they gonna do - lay down asphalt on top of the fields? I don't think so.....

The parking lot is more like it. Hope this comes through for D1 and the fans of drifting. I'll be there in Anaheim for sure.
    Actually it is possible to lay down asphalt on the field - it is the same thing they do for supercross. There have been a few events in China that have used Gary McKinney's formula for this exact plan. I won't go into detail on how it is done.... but I will tell you that it is possible.

Leave a comment:

• OldSkool510
    replied
    Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
    The whole "light show" part worries me too. It's cool that they have event producers from HIN but drifting is a Motorsport not an automotive exhibition.

They haven't done much to address any new or unique "competition" aspects of the "new" D1GP USA.

Although this is just an early press release and they say more will be released during their media tour next month.
    It seems like an "automotive exhibition" is exactly what they're trying to promote. HIN has enough followers to actually make this work. Instead of being the main event, the "motorsport of drifting" would become the undercard to the wet T-shirt contest or the sounds competition. The lowrider "hopping" contest will take place during the breaks. lol

I would just hate to see cars and trucks with Lamborghini doors sittin' on 24's with their booming systems at a drifting event. That would really kill the mood.

This might bring more fans out to the event, but it could possibly reduce the likelihood of "drifting" to be taken as a serious motorsport.

Regardless, I will be there in Anaheim.
    Last edited by OldSkool510; 12-12-2008, 09:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cavi Mike
    replied
    I'm here for the show, not the competition.

Leave a comment:

• MonkeySlide
    replied
    Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
    it honestly does not look too fan friendly
    Visually it looks pretty fan-friendly to me. Grandstands bordering each side so no matter where you sit you can see cars run the whole course. It's actually a smart set up seating-wise.

The thing is how much space will they leave in the middle...will there be enough to set up a challenging course?

I'm also concerned about the "once one car leaves one way another car is immediately comming in at a different entry point" aspect.

If there is a constant flow like that then how the heck are the runs going to be judged?

The whole "light show" part worries me too. It's cool that they have event producers from HIN but drifting is a Motorsport not an automotive exhibition.

They haven't done much to address any new or unique "competition" aspects of the "new" D1GP USA.

Although this is just an early press release and they say more will be released during their media tour next month.
    Last edited by MonkeySlide; 12-12-2008, 06:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bebop
    replied
    it honestly does not look too fan friendly

Leave a comment:

• Cavi Mike
    replied
    Already planning for the philly event.

Leave a comment:

• OldSkool510
    replied
    There is no way this event will be inside the stadiums! What are they gonna do - lay down asphalt on top of the fields? I don't think so.....

The parking lot is more like it. Hope this comes through for D1 and the fans of drifting. I'll be there in Anaheim for sure.

Leave a comment:

• captainNEO
    replied
    so the events are gonna be INSIDE the mentioned stadiums...at first i just assumed the parking lots.

i'd say that blueprint/picture rendering thing at the end of the Press Release is a bit ambitious...I'd like to see them fill up the outside of Anaheim Field like that.

Leave a comment:

• akuma S14
    replied
    Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
    sounds kinda cool

but seriously, soldier field... do these event organizers listen to anyone in the drift community.

time will tell, see you in may
    Time will tell for sure. But IMO it sounds lame. Drifting needs less HIN and more real drifting.

To quote Tom Brady's quote of Ben Franklin - "Well done is better than well said." & D1 has been saying a lot and doing nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Bebop
    replied
    sounds kinda cool

but seriously, soldier field... do these event organizers listen to anyone in the drift community.

time will tell, see you in may

Leave a comment:

Working...
X