No announcement yet.

$10 Mineral Wells drift event on 11-13-2011 with photo class on 11-12 and 11-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $10 Mineral Wells drift event on 11-13-2011 with photo class on 11-12 and 11-13

$10 Mineral Wells drift event on 11-13-2011 with photo class on 11-12 and 11-13

Drifting.

This is a typical Mineral Wells practice event. Nothing fancy, just cheap seat time with little to no lines, fun course layout, instruction on hand, and friends to play with.

If you have never been to Mineral Wells for a practice day, here are the key points.

1. Google map Mineral Wells Airport, TX and you will find us easily. You can turn on the satellite map and see our tire marks out there from space!

2. Make sure you car is in working order. Tie your battery down. Make sure your power steering works if your car is a power steering car. Other than that, don't sweat the details too much about having tons of power, angle, or bling. Just come play.

3. Bring a helmet.

4. If you are driving arrive by 9 am. We leave around 5 pm or so.

5. If you are spectating you should bring a helmet so you can ride in the drift cars, it is a lot of fun! Our drivers love taking people for rides when they have a chance, just be nice and I'm sure they will take care of you. The cost to spectate is $5 but ride alongs are free!

-------------

Photo School.

I am going to incorporate more learning at our events, including fabrication days, photo days, and drifting classes. This event will incorporate a photo class with Jake G, one of our resident photogs. He has great style, and is going to help you over 2 days to both become more technically competent with photography, and to start develop a style through shooting and editing.

1. The class will cost $10 per person. The cost covers both days, and Jake will be collecting and keeping the cash.

2. Bring your own DSLR camera. You can come without one and I can loan you one, but you should really bring a camera to get the most out of this. Film is fine but we won't be editing that LOL.

3. You will get hands on shooting time with static cars, people, lighting a scene with strobes, and moving high speed drifting action. Editing and creating a style will also be covered.

4. The location of the Saturday shooting will be announced when you sign up. The Sunday shooting will be at Mineral Wells Airport.

5. I will be attending this class, along with some of the other drivers!

6. This will be an awesome time to trade lenses with other classmates and play with equipment. You probably don't have access to radio controlled strobes and stuff very often unless you have an awesome setup! This is stupid cheap too, we are basically just paying for Jakes gas and food to teach us, and it will be a great way to meet other people that share a love for drifting and photography.

7. Please contact me on fabricatedmotorsports.com/forum through a personal message to acquire a spot for the class. Payment will be in person when you arrive, nothing fancy.
Working...
X